Prospect Info: 2016 1st round - 11th overall - Logan Brown (C, Windsor Spitfires)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Logan Brown

1998-03-05 (18)
Centre Shoots Left.
198 cm / 6'6" - 220 Lbs
American/Canadian

Ranked #7 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #7 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #12 by Future Considerations
Ranked #9 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #7 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
Ranked #10 by TSN/McKenzie

Last edited:

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Interesting move.

Dorion really likes those big forwards with soft hands like Gagne last year and now Brown.

I trust Sens scouts, really interesting pick.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Personally not a fan of the pick because Chychurn was still on the board. If he hadn't been, I'd have been fine with it.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I would have been happier with McLeod, Chychrun or Bean. We'll see how it goes but I think they blew it.

I'm really glad you aren't part of the scouting department. I very strongly disagree with you and I'm glad one of the best scouting teams do as well.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I really like his potential. A huge playmaking centre is something we don't have.

Obviously he has the potential to bust, but I think he's worth the gamble.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
giphy.gif

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I really like his potential. A huge playmaking centre is something we don't have.

Obviously he has the potential to bust, but I think he's worth the gamble.

no bust potential in my eyes, only the potential to boom. this kid is an amazing puck possession player with excellent offensive tools.. and he's 6'7.

sigh, i was so sad when MTL didn't get him at 9.. at least i can still cheer for him in Ottawa.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Personally not a fan of the pick because Chychurn was still on the board. If he hadn't been, I'd have been fine with it.

I see where you've going with that. I like Chychurn too, but there's a reason guys passed him on the board.

Chychurn was a very physically mature player in 2015 when he raised those eyebrows and wasn't nearly as impressive in 2016 when his contemporaries caught up to him.

Sure, some guys do get over scouted and their flaws get magnified, but there are also an endless supply of guys like Gormley and Esposito who fall for legitimate reasons. Lots of players look good at different points in their junior careers.

Ottawa has done well with late risers like Karlsson, Zibanejad, and Chabot. Brown could be a real steal. His size/hands/vision combo is hard to find.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I would have been happier with McLeod, Chychrun or Bean. We'll see how it goes but I think they blew it.

I politely demand you change your avatar.

I can't disagree so violently with someone who has Tom Waits as their avatar, it just isn't right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad