Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Don't downplay the trading of picks, even late ones. Our scouting staff is really good at finding gems in the later rounds:

Stone
Hoffman
Wideman
Dzingel
Pageau
Claesson
Borowiecki
Perron
Wikstrand

All of them were found outside of the top 3 rounds.

Condon and Wingels for a 5th and 7th respectively is good value and were smart trades to make, but we should try to replace those picks. Our scouting staff is the only reason this franchise isn't the joke of the league, and we should put them to work as much as possible.
I only joke because some people get really bent out of shape of us trading low picks ,but i can see Ottawa dipping into the college FA ranks to try and offset the loss of those picks .As well as any future moves may include a pick or two

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I only joke because some people get really bent out of shape of us trading low picks ,but i can see Ottawa dipping into the college FA ranks to try and offset the loss of those picks .As well as any future moves may include a pick or two

I was looking at the list of College FAs last week & there are some interesting players on there. I imagine Ottawa is looking into signing another free wallet or two & hopefully, this time they actually sign a guy who becomes a star. Wouldn't that be nice for a change.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I'm into the big game hunting idea. Are we legit Cup contenders, I don't think so, but you can only built a Cup winner if you add talent to your roster. I don't think waiting 2 years for Chabot and Brown to be regular NHL players or a bottom 6 impact of White really improves the team over the next 2 years. They help, but I don't think they will be impact players.

I'd like to see us add a Landeskog. I don't think we are as good as Chicago or Pitt with Landeskog, but it gets us a step closer to beating them and that's why I'm for it. Boucher seems to get a lot out of his players, I think he can come up with a game plan to beat Pitt or Chicago with an inferior lineup. I don't think we need to add 2 super stars to match Crosby, Malkin, Kane and Keith.

I don't see how we really improve unless we add a piece through a trade. Sounds to me like Dorion wants to see where the club is at the deadline, but from his radio interview today it sounded like he's got his eye on a big name player. Dorion's Not at pull the trigger stage yet, but I could see him making an impact move.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

I didn't get that from the interview, he sounded to me like he has his eyes on someone and wants to build the 20 man roster in Bouchers image. He didn't commit at all, but he sounded more like he was taking it seriously and tempted by where the team is at then him not willing to make a big move.

SameeTheSniper

Jun 15, 2016
Ottawa
Since Whites probably gonna be up this season... our bottom 6 will look very nice honestly.

Hoffman-White-Pageau
Pyatt-Wingels-Lazar.

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa
ekarlsson65

He is not broke not sure where your getting that from.

I exaggerated that comment. Wasn't it already proven his pharmaceutical shares lost a ton of $ when he sold and the Sens are pretty much what's making him $ to break even?

If he has sooooo much $ why is there an internal budget?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I exaggerated that comment. Wasn't it already proven his pharmaceutical shares lost a ton of $ when he sold and the Sens are pretty much what's making him $ to break even?

If he has sooooo much $ why is there an internal budget?

Most a budget they just don't make it public.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Since Whites probably gonna be up this season... our bottom 6 will look very nice honestly.

Hoffman-White-Pageau
Pyatt-Wingels-Lazar.

I don't know that they'd start White at C (depends when he joins the team/what position were in). I can't think of many players who played C in the playoffs after 5 professional games. Might make sense to start him on the wing, or shift him there for the playoffs assuming we make it.

SameeTheSniper

Jun 15, 2016
Ottawa
I don't know that they'd start White at C (depends when he joins the team/what position were in). I can't think of many players who played C in the playoffs after 5 professional games. Might make sense to start him on the wing, or shift him there for the playoffs assuming we make it.

Thats a good point.

Maybe Hoffman-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Wingels-Lazar?

Well its gonna be something like that, and I think it'll be pretty good for us

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Keep Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt magic going.

SJ fans say Wingels can play both wings so roll with Wingels-Lazar-White on the 4th line.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Keep Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt magic going.

SJ fans say Wingels can play both wings so roll with Wingels-Lazar-White on the 4th line.

Two guys new to the system, one a first-time pro, and a guy transitioning into a new role from the wing sounds like a bad idea.

I would do Wingels - Kelly - Lazar for a while first.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Two guys new to the system, one a first-time pro, and a guy transitioning into a new role from the wing sounds like a bad idea.

Splitting up Hoff-Pag-Py seems like a bad idea.

And it would be in a 4th line role. Either way, I don't see Kelly being scratched.

We'll see what happens, it will probably be Kelly-Lazar-Wingels. *fingers crossed*

LOLERSKATES

Mar 12, 2008

Hoffman-White-Pageau
Pyatt-Wingels-Lazar.

Is it confirmed that White is actually coming this year? Have they even signed him to an entry level deal yet???

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Is it confirmed that White is actually coming this year? Have they even signed him to an entry level deal yet???

Dorion has stated that he would like to sign White after his college season concludes (which is before the end of this season). Whether White intends to sign is a different issue, but I don't think Dorion would be publicly stating he'd like to sign him if it wasn't a strong possibility.

White's dream was to play for Boston College. He had every reason not to sign at the start of the season because he could have his cake and eat it too. Get another season at BC, and then sign with Ottawa later on during the 2017 NHL season which would allow him to still burn off a year of his ELC.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
anyone think that when dorion said prices were crazy high in his last presser pre trade it was to drive down the price on this trade?

do...do we have a good gm?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
anyone think that when dorion said prices were crazy high in his last presser pre trade it was to drive down the price on this trade?

do...do we have a good gm?

No. I think it was probably an honest statement as it is consistent with what other people are saying about the trade environment, and is also backed up by how few trades we've seen so far this season. At worst, he was dropping a line in order to lower fans expectations about what we might accomplish trade wise.

He mentioned something about going back and revisiting deals he had discussed in the past as a result of MacArthur's situation being resolved for the season. I assume Wingels was one of the deals he was referring to.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Excellent.

Apparently the asking price for Hanzal to Montreal is McCarron, 1st and another pick.

That's nuts.

Vermette and Ladd both got 1st + decent prospect.

Not surprising at all. Rentals always cost that much, and Hanzal will surely draw interest because he's the type of guy every playoff team would love to have on a deep run

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
No. I think it was probably an honest statement as it is consistent with what other people are saying about the trade environment, and is also backed up by how few trades we've seen so far this season. At worst, he was dropping a line in order to lower fans expectations about what we might accomplish trade wise.

He mentioned something about going back and revisiting deals he had discussed in the past as a result of MacArthur's situation being resolved for the season. I assume Wingels was one of the deals he was referring to.

fair enough, i was thinking maybe he picked up some psych tips from Boucher :laugh:

also jurco anyone?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I didn't get that from the interview, he sounded to me like he has his eyes on someone and wants to build the 20 man roster in Bouchers image. He didn't commit at all, but he sounded more like he was taking it seriously and tempted by where the team is at then him not willing to make a big move.

PD said that you do not trade high end blue chip prospects that are 1-2 years away. I read that as Chabot, White and Brown are here to stay, good job Pierre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad