Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The top 6 isnt the issue with this team at all ,we need some forwards that can actually win a puck battle ,or make a decent pass to maintain possession .We still play far too often in our defensive zone,we are never going anywhere unless this changes:nod:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The top 6 isnt the issue with this team at all ,we need some forwards that can actually win a puck battle ,or make a decent pass to maintain possession .We still play far too often in our defensive zone,we are never going anywhere unless this changes:nod:

Lmao you talk about not winning puck battles and that's why we spend so long in our zone yet ceci......

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lmao you talk about not winning puck battles and that's why we spend so long in our zone yet ceci......
I watched Ceci win tons more puck battles than any of our forwards have .That Pittsburgh game ,was a prime example .Ceci clears the puck to a forward ,forward loses puck to pens player split seconds later then right back into our zone for another 35 seconds.That is and has been the biggest issue for this team period.We need to have the puck more,in the offensive zone.And that isnt a defensman issue:nod:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I watched Ceci win tons more puck battles than any of our forwards have .That Pittsburgh game ,was a prime example .Ceci clears the puck to a forward ,forward loses puck to pens player split seconds later then right back into our zone for another 35 seconds.That is and has been the biggest issue for this team period.We need to have the puck more,in the offensive zone.And that isnt a defensman issue:nod:

More excuses for ceci. An explanation as to why he never improves might be that he's as soft on himself as you are on him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Other than Stone and Turris and sometimes Hoffy,who else do we have on this team that can we say is playing like a top 6 forward??Yet we whine about the defense:shakehead

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
My dream is to go all in on Kovakchuk this summer. 4 years, 30 million. Know it won't happen, but it would spring us forward big time.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
My dream is to go all in on Kovakchuk this summer. 4 years, 30 million. Know it won't happen, but it would spring us forward big time.

That would be so hot.

Hoffman, Kovalchuk, Karlsson, Stone on the same PP.

Wow. There would be puddles underneath the fans seats.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I wanted kovalchuk when he was first traded out of Atlanta. We offered something around lee and a first. I think it was.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Unfortunately our owner has alienated any Russian player from "ever" playing here.
That was unneeded from him, as Russia is producing elite talent.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think we had a dedicated Russian thread. IMO its not about the nationality. If there is something, its about drafting Russian players that are playing in Russia for fear that they won't come over.

HousePerseus

Oct 7, 2011
ottawa
I think we had a dedicated Russian thread. IMO its not about the nationality. If there is something, its about drafting Russian players that are playing in Russia for fear that they won't come over.

I was thinking about this the other day, who is the last major prospect not to come over? Maybe im just blanking. There are guys who have come and gone back, but not many who havent come.

I mean couldn't there be a similar argument to be made about drafting US college players?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was thinking about this the other day, who is the last major prospect not to come over? Maybe im just blanking. There are guys who have come and gone back, but not many who havent come.

I mean couldn't there be a similar argument to be made about drafting US college players?

I guess there could be a similar argument re risk but the reasons for not coming / signing would be quite a bit different.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They were all acquired before the Ukraine/Russia...thing

So, is the two years since the "Russia Ukrain thing" really enough of a sample to draw any conclusions from? How many other teams haven't acquired one of the handful of russians in this league?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
So, is the two years since the "Russia Ukrain thing" really enough of a sample to draw any conclusions from? How many other teams haven't acquired one of the handful of russians in this league?

Not sure where you're going with this. But I think his comments probably had an effect. Russians are very patriotic and if they hear an owner makes his anti-Russia sentiments clear they would be inclined not to sign here as well, it's a two way street.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
What about a shot at the Sedins?
if Ottawa is legit this season, maybe we can ship some of our young forwards, picks and prospects for the Sedins

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Do you even understand the game of hockey??Or just talk nonsense all the time ??

Well look. I think ceci isn't that great. And will continue to be so.

You think he's played really well. And will continue to do so and possibly even get better.

Now I haven't spewed any insults because of your prediction. You honestly believe it.

So. Time will tell.

To be clear.

I believe ceci has been bad. And shown some flashes here and there.

I think his consistent best will be an okay top 4 guy who MAY make a home for himself on the PP with his big shot.

And either way. I think miles gendron should be as untouchable if not more untouchable than Cody ceci.

Both gendron and chara were considered 3rd round talents in their respective drafts. Both taken there. At gendrons age chara wasn't bonafide NHL super star either.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Are you serious about Gendron? Or is it just a very questionable analogy?

Doesn't make much sense either way. He's a 3rd round pick who has done nothing except prove he should've been taken lower this far.

I'm a fan of his. Guy his size with his skating should be beneficial. Thus far in his development, he's nothing more than a "C" prospect we hope has a big development soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad