Proposal: 2016-17 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Ceci + brown + lazar + 2017 1st for duchene

Problem, ottawa will need to dump a lot of players to take on duchene's contract (pageau, hammond, macarthur, phaneuf/ryan)

Next to impossible trade for ott due to internal budget (real $ owed not cap hit). 4 first rounders for duchene seems like an overpayment but would be worth it if only our owner spent money on his team

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
-saskriders: What would you add?

I meant without the 1st, as RKL suggested, it wouldn't be enough. I think Ceci-Lazar-Brown-1st is close, despite Colorado fans being adamant that any trade for even Landeskog needing Chabot. People like to sat that a trade is fair when both teams are unhappy, so I think Chabot may be a little too much (even though he is the better fit for them). Brown is a bluechip prospect, Lazar is a reclamation project that can top out at a third liner, Ceci has top 4 potential but has struggled and may end up a 4-5 tweener, and our first looks like a mid-late first. Colorado is taking on more risk than us, but Duchene has receded a bit as well. Perhaps we could add a conditional 2018 3rd if we make the second round of the playoffs (and therefore the 1st gets significantly later. Maybe Jaros or Englund instead of Lazar? Maybe White instead of Brown? If Melnyk doesn't want to take the salary perhaps we can throw in Lazar for a 4th?

White/Brown + Ceci + 2017 1st + Jaros/Englund + 2018 3rd (conditional) for Duchene + 2017 4th

Does that seem fair? I expect people will say we are paying too much, but when evaluating a trade for your team you should expect a bit of over-valuing of your players.

Last edited:

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Im on board with that! Tough pill to swallow but definitely enough valu for sakic considering he wont get chabot. How can we make it work financially for the sens?

Now if hey pull the trigger on this deal, what moves follow to reduce the real $ being paid out and minimizes the loss of a top 4 d?
This is where things get tough!

Tome, I would put the following roster players up for trade (not much value tbh): ryan/brassard, pageau, boro, hammond, macarthur

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Im on board with that! Tough pill to swallow but definitely enough valu for sakic considering he wont get chabot. How can we make it work financially for the sens?

Now if hey pull the trigger on this deal, what moves follow to reduce the real $ being paid out and minimizes the loss of a top 4 d?
This is where things get tough!

Tome, I would put the following roster players up for trade (not much value tbh): ryan/brassard, pageau, boro, hammond, macarthur

Ryan and Hammond. And like I say try adding Lazar for a pick to save a little bit of money.

Edit: Lazar is on the last year of his contract so if we didn't sign him we wouldn't lose money.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Ryan and Hammond. And like I say try adding Lazar for a pick to save a little bit of money.

Hammond and lazar are probably the easiest to trade.pageau would be good to getridof as he would most likely be exposed.macarthur is most likely 50% insured. Thats almost enough right there. Problem is getting a placeholder D for one year who wouldnt break the bank and could be exposed in expansion

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Definitely not enough for Duchene. I would do it with the 1st though.

I think you guys are undervaluing Ceci too much here.
How many 23 year olds can manage to play top-4 minutes in the league right now?
And he's been decent in his position, not bad as some of you so drastically make it out to be. Adam (freaking) Larsson was enough to grab Hall, who is a superior offensive player IMO then Duchene.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think you guys are undervaluing Ceci too much here.
How many 23 year olds can manage to play top-4 minutes in the league right now?
And he's been decent in his position, not bad as some of you so drastically make it out to be. Adam (freaking) Larsson was enough to grab Hall, who is a superior offensive player IMO then Duchene.

Heck, there are folks in Florida saying Ekblad sucks. Shows how fickle fans can be with young blueliners.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Heck, there are folks in Florida saying Ekblad sucks. Shows how fickle fans can be with young blueliners.

Most Aves fans dontthink that package is enough ie: its too much of a quantity for quality trade. They are looking for a d prospect like chabot instead. That would be an even tougher pill to swallow imho however the argument can be made that chabot is allpotential while ceci is a "serviceable" 4/5 D RIGHT NOW

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
No way in hell we trade Chabot.

Heck, we aren't even 100% certain of Karlsson's future here. Imagine if we trade Chabot and then EK leaves.

Only way we should ever trade chabot is for a sure-fire talent like JT or for a big name defenseman like OEL.

Rooverick*

Jan 5, 2008
Most Aves fans dontthink that package is enough ie: its too much of a quantity for quality trade. They are looking for a d prospect like chabot instead. That would be an even tougher pill to swallow imho however the argument can be made that chabot is allpotential while ceci is a "serviceable" 4/5 D RIGHT NOW

Why do people care what Avs fans think?

I've never understood this fascination with keyboard warriors opinion of trade value. The market is set by the GM's around the league, not homers on this (or any) hockey website.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Hammond and lazar are probably the easiest to trade.pageau would be good to getridof as he would most likely be exposed.macarthur is most likely 50% insured. Thats almost enough right there. Problem is getting a placeholder D for one year who wouldnt break the bank and could be exposed in expansion

Except Hammond and Lazar are both pretty bad...

SameeTheSniper

Jun 15, 2016
Ottawa
I meant without the 1st, as RKL suggested, it wouldn't be enough. I think Ceci-Lazar-Brown-1st is close, despite Colorado fans being adamant that any trade for even Landeskog needing Chabot. People like to sat that a trade is fair when both teams are unhappy, so I think Chabot may be a little too much (even though he is the better fit for them). Brown is a bluechip prospect, Lazar is a reclamation project that can top out at a third liner, Ceci has top 4 potential but has struggled and may end up a 4-5 tweener, and our first looks like a mid-late first. Colorado is taking on more risk than us, but Duchene has receded a bit as well. Perhaps we could add a conditional 2018 3rd if we make the second round of the playoffs (and therefore the 1st gets significantly later. Maybe Jaros or Englund instead of Lazar? Maybe White instead of Brown? If Melnyk doesn't want to take the salary perhaps we can throw in Lazar for a 4th?

White/Brown + Ceci + 2017 1st + Jaros/Englund + 2018 3rd (conditional) for Duchene + 2017 4th

Does that seem fair? I expect people will say we are paying too much, but when evaluating a trade for your team you should expect a bit of over-valuing of your players.

Great offer, but I don't know if Sakic would be wiling to do that. The one thing they will be putting heavy thought into is weather they actually want White/Brown. I mean, they already have MacKinnon and Jost, who are studs... would adding White/Brown make sense for the Avalanche? Maybe, but it would mean moving Jost out to the wings, which they might not do

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No way in hell we trade Chabot.

Heck, we aren't even 100% certain of Karlsson's future here. Imagine if we trade Chabot and then EK leaves.

Only way we should ever trade chabot is for a sure-fire talent like JT or for a big name defenseman like OEL.

I said it before, and I'll say it again....Erik's NTC (10 team no trade list) kicks in this summer. The team needs to figure things out - and fast. We hit summer in no-mans land and Erik wants out, then it'll be another Spezza situation where Ottawa is handcuffed in any trade and get pennies on the dollar.

Management needs to figure things out, one way or another.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Jesus that's a lot for a 55-60 pts center. That's in essence 3 first round picks (don't kid yourself, Ceci could easily land a 1st round pick himself), + a decent defensive prospect and a 3rd.

Might as well just offer sheet one of Draisaitl or Johansen to get a top line center at that point. At least then you get the big center we want, and a younger guy that will have term (I'm assuming we'd offer more than the 2 years Duchene has remaining). My guess is both Edm and Nsh match what we offer, but the point is why go after someone that's good enough instead of after what we actually want/need.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Jesus that's a lot for a 55-60 pts center. That's in essence 3 first round picks (don't kid yourself, Ceci could easily land a 1st round pick himself), + a decent defensive prospect and a 3rd.

Might as well just offer sheet one of Draisaitl or Johansen to get a top line center at that point. At least then you get the big center we want, and a younger guy that will have term (I'm assuming we'd offer more than the 2 years Duchene has remaining). My guess is both Edm and Nsh match what we offer, but the point is why go after someone that's good enough instead of after what we actually want/need.

Agreed. I think Duchene is seriously being overvalued if this is what people think he'll cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad