Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I would love to add Zetterberg if the Wings decide to go full rebuild

To Ottawa:
H. Zetterberg (real salary: 7m, 3.35m, 1m, 1m over the next 4 years)

To Detroit:
C. MacArthur, C. Ceci, 1st or 2nd

Don't think that gets it done, even if the value is about right.

If Detroit trades Z, they need a premier young player coming back, and I don't think Ceci fits that bill. It will take an overpayment to pry him away, and I'd rather not go down that road personally.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

If Detroit trades Z, they need a premier young player coming back, and I don't think Ceci fits that bill. It will take an overpayment to pry him away, and I'd rather not go down that road personally.

Yeah, I would do that deal due to expansion draft issues but it would have to be those specific players

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

You'd have to think that Detroit would covet some cap relief too no?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I would love to add Zetterberg if the Wings decide to go full rebuild

To Ottawa:
H. Zetterberg (real salary: 7m, 3.35m, 1m, 1m over the next 4 years)

To Detroit:
C. MacArthur, C. Ceci, 1st or 2nd

He'll be 37 next season. That's a crazy price to pay for a guy who may not last a year.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Imagine the asset management outcry on that one

He has 55 points in 66 games this year and is a future HHOFer and a Swedish playoff god. Plays 19:30 a game. Guy is like adding Alfredsson back on the team. $6.08 cap hit. If you get Zetterberg it would be huge in resigning Karlsson.

I would LOVE to get Zetterberg. That would be an outstanding move. MacArthur, Ceci, Brown, 2nd. Might even make that a 1st.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He has 55 points in 66 games this year and is a future HHOFer and a Swedish playoff god. Plays 19:30 a game. Guy is like adding Alfredsson back on the team. $6.08 cap hit. If you get Zetterberg it would be huge in resigning Karlsson.

I would LOVE to get Zetterberg. That would be an outstanding move. MacArthur, Ceci, Brown, 2nd. Might even make that a 1st.

Jeez that's pricey.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Jeez that's pricey.

Maybe they take less? MacArthur is a real dump on them considering Zetterberg makes very little actual $$$ even with insurance. Which makes us need to add a bit more.

But if you want to win NOW I would rather Zetterberg then Duchesne. I mean really try to be a Cup favorite. Plus we lose Ceci anyway in the expansion draft probably.

I doubt the Wings would trade him anyway as he is the legacy player left from those great Detroit teams.

But would I pay dearly for Zetterberg? For sure.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I rally like Zetterberg. Great hockey player. Great Career. I do not think now is the time to get him for that price.
I doubt he moves unless its to a top 3 team regardless.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Maybe they take less? MacArthur is a real dump on them considering Zetterberg makes very little actual $$$ even with insurance. Which makes us need to add a bit more.

But if you want to win NOW I would rather Zetterberg then Duchesne. I mean really try to be a Cup favorite. Plus we lose Ceci anyway in the expansion draft probably.

I doubt the Wings would trade him anyway as he is the legacy player left from those great Detroit teams.

Way too costly. With Duchene you are still paying for relative youth. I am on board for trading futures for present because I think we are in win now mode for a few years. But that price is absurd for someone Zetterberg's age.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
For Duchene, Iam still not convinved our rumored offer was ever beaten .Not really interested in offering more for even less term :nod:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Remove Mac, maybe add another 1/2nd round pick, and that package is in Tavares territory. If you're going for a big fish.....

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007

Jeez, louise. I like Zetterberg a lot, but at his age, that's really steep.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Ceci+White+1st I believe

Gotta keep in mind, this wasn't necessarily our offer....rather Colorado's asking price. According to the rumours, at one point near the deadline Colorado was asking for those three main pieces (maybe more) and the "sticking point" was that Ottawa didn't want to include Colin White.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Gotta keep in mind, this wasn't necessarily our offer....rather Colorado's asking price. According to the rumours, at one point near the deadline Colorado was asking for those three main pieces (maybe more) and the "sticking point" was that Ottawa didn't want to include Colin White.

I think Sakic really blew it here. Duchene's value would have been at his highest at the deadline, it will only go down from here. I get trying to get a big price, but once the market was evident, a trade should have gotten done.

It was so easy to see, you can't have a player's name splashed all over trade rumours for months and not have it negatively affect the player. And then not even trade him.

Nice player and some team will for sure trade for him but for a far reduced price. Duchene is not exactly helping his value here, man did he look poor last night. I kept hearing how the Avs "didn't have to trade him if they didn't get a good deal". Rubbish, it almost never works out well, only a few players can turn it around in the same city.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ceci+White+1st I believe

I think I read a million times that is what they wanted but not once did I read that was offered. The way our coach, GM and owner have talked about those players I doubt it was offered.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I think I read a million times that is what they wanted but not once did I read that was offered. The way our coach, GM and owner have talked about those players I doubt it was offered.

Yeah. I can't see the team doing that, our D would be gutted by losing a 24min a night guy.

I'd do White + 1st + 2nd as my peak offer.

Duchene-Turris-Stone
Burrows-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Dzingle-Wingels-Stalberg

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Wideman
Boro

Andy
Condon

oof

Status