SensTough

Mar 1, 2017
Proposal Ott Ari

Just curious, what do you think
Ottawa OEL,Duclair

Ari: Ceci, Ryan, 1st-2017, brown

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
A Canes fan on the main boards created a thread offering all of their 2nd round picks for another 1st. They have 3 2nd round picks in this upcoming draft.

Would you guys trade the Sens 1st for all of the Canes 2nds?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
A Canes fan on the main boards created a thread offering all of their 2nd round picks for another 1st. They have 3 2nd round picks in this upcoming draft.

This season, before the trade deadline, the Sens were calling up guys who had very little business being in the NHL.

That lack of depth in the organization at the AHL and lower levels is a little bit troubling to me.

So long story short, yes, I'd do that trade. Stock up those cupboards.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

A thousand times over.

You could deal two of those to LV to protect Bobby Ryan and Methot.

Or draft some pretty good prospects.

If we landed three seconds for our first I'd almost forgive Dorion for trading Dahlen.

(Insert over reactions here)

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Yes for sure with all the higher picks we have dealt lately. It would be a perfect deal for us.

Likely our 1st pick would be too late for the Canes to want to make that move though.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Depends.

We know the top end of the 2017 class is mediocre.....but just how deep is the draft? Do scouts think there are legit NHL prospects though the second round?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Depends.

We know the top end of the 2017 class is mediocre.....but just how deep is the draft? Do scouts think there are legit NHL prospects though the second round?

What has the higher probability.

Getting a NHL quality player with our late first or getting at least one NHL quality player out of 4 2nd round picks?

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

For sure. They probably would want something higher, but even in a weak draft, 4 second round picks is bound to net something.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Weak. Let him ride out his retirement in Dallas. I get it, old dude with a family to worry about, cold weather, and 3 cups already. Still glad we don't have any coasters on this team, it just doesn't fit with our new identity.

I mean, I get it. Burrows accepted a trade to us because he was willing to commit to 2.25 years in Ottawa. If Sharp knew he wasn't interested in re-signing with us, it makes sense to block a trade. At that age, it makes sense to prioritize the one long term move rather than allowing yourself to be forced into two short term moves in quick succession.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What is the higher probability.

Getting a NHL quality player with our late first or getting at least one NHL quality player out of 4 2nd round picks?

Depends on the draft. The 1999 draft had 6 second rounders that played 200+ NHL games (only 2 players played over 500 games - Jordan Leopold and Adam Hall).

But the 2003 class had 13 second rounders who played 200+ NHL games (7 hit 500+ games - Loui Erikkson, Kevin Klein, Patrice Bergeron, Matt Carle, Shea Weber, Maxim Lapierre, David Backes).

All depends on how deep this draft is.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

We will have a late 1st ... Why would the GM of the canes do this?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sucks, Sharp would have been a huge pickup. I'd much rather have traded Dahlen+ for him then the Burrows trade.

I read that he wasn't getting traded due to him being injured. Now we hear that he didn't want to wavie his ntc for Ottawa. Conflicting information if you ask me.

Anyways, during our game against them, the announcers said he was playing with an injury.

This team already has injury problems. We don't need another player who is injured.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Not me.

Sharp is more skilled but Burrows fits the identity of what we want to instill more. He also provides key traits not found in Sharp like pestiness and what not

Yup, and as others have said, Sharp's won his Cups, he has no more business in the NHL other than collecting that pay cheque. We need guys that are hungry.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We will have a late 1st ... Why would the GM of the canes do this?

Yea, this makes no sense to deal with Ottawa drafting in the twenties, more likely a team in the low teens. We would turn around & package to sets of 2nd rd picks for two low 1sts & be ahead. :laugh:

Not me.

Sharp is more skilled but Burrows fits the identity of what we want to instill more. He also provides key traits not found in Sharp like pestiness and what not

Wow, on this we agree.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Yup, and as others have said, Sharp's won his Cups, he has no more business in the NHL other than collecting that pay cheque. We need guys that are hungry.

Ryan's just collecting a cheque and he hasn't won ****.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I would love to add Zetterberg if the Wings decide to go full rebuild

To Ottawa:
H. Zetterberg (real salary: 7m, 3.35m, 1m, 1m over the next 4 years)

To Detroit:
C. MacArthur, C. Ceci, 1st or 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad