Salary Cap: 2016-17 Roster-Building Part XIX | Yakety Yak (Contract + Cap Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Caught this on my timeline just now:

I see Sheary is on IR so thats how Sestito + Condon can stay up.
Once he comes off, Sestito likely goes to WB.

Flexibility as in...someone makes a major play on Murray and they trade him and Condon backs up MAF...or...someone makes a major play for MAF and Condon backs up MM...or...Condon would be available for a trade...?

That Moorehouse giving the directive to JR to not trade MAF has me really, really worried.

They are going to **** this up...aren't they?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Where's IC when we need him?

Yeah now that you mention it...it's been forever since I've seen him. Has he come back for the beginning of the season?

Someone IM him and tell him that if he doesn't come back and fill us in, TIOPS will come the official rumor doctrine with Eklund as a backup. That'll get em here.

I really do think they want this roster as close to the cup roster as possible for another run. I just believe it's flat out poor asset management. I think we need a Top 4 dman swap with failures of Maatta-Daley so early and I think we need an additional Top 6 wing. Who that might be, I do not know.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think it is very smart not to throw away Condon to waivers, after you lucked into him earlier this season. Keep him and see what offers you receive for all three of your goaltenders and make a decision, eventually. That would be how I would play this out.

I truly believe that if JR really wanted to keep both Murray and Fleury, he would have gotten rid of Condon more quickly than he is planning.

This could be good news.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I think it is very smart not to throw away Condon to waivers, after you lucked into him earlier this season. Keep him and see what offers you receive for all three of your goaltenders and make a decision, eventually. That would be how I would play this out.

I truly believe that if JR really wanted to keep both Murray and Fleury, he would have gotten rid of Condon more quickly than he is planning.

This could be good news.

I hope you're right, but JR got burned in Carolina one year where he had like 3 or 4 goalies hurt. Now he's a hoarder with goalies like Shero was with D.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Kirk has stated in another thread that IC won't be back due to professional reasons. Unfortunately.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kirk has stated in another thread that IC won't be back due to professional reasons. Unfortunately.

:(

Lindholm resigned. 5.25mil. Absolute steal. I would have LOVED having him here for that. Damn, damn, damn. Guess it's on to longing for a Trouba-Maatta swap.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I hope you're right, but JR got burned in Carolina one year where he had like 3 or 4 goalies hurt. Now he's a hoarder with goalies like Shero was with D.

Doubt going into last year's play offs with two goalies down changed that at all either.

I don't think Rutherford looking to stockpile Condon has anything to do with his intentions on MAF/Murray, which I suspect are naturally "Keep both to the last affordable" minute anyway.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
That's a weird reason. His job send him to the Amazon or something?

IC obviously had inside info on the Pens organization, ie was an employee of some sort. Im guessing someone figured out who he was and told him to choose between hfboards.com and his continued employment. Not a hard decision.

I work in the space industry, and I float around a bit on space related forums. It's very tempting to post there, but with the inside information I have I just can't.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

Morehouse must have put him on Fleury-marketing duty. That's a rough beat but he's doing a hell of a job.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
McIlrath and Paajarvi on waivers. McIlrath would be interesting I guess, but I doubt he falls to us.

What a disappointment Paajarvi turned out to be. And if DP is indeed out for "a while," a guy like McIlrath would make sense for a 6/7 spot. He wouldn't be bumping anyone with potential. Prow is in freakin' Wheeling and Bengtsson has freakin' Lyme disease. Those are the only two guys I'm really curious about. Otherwise we're one more injury away from Oleksy.

But alas, you're right. Someone will probably snag him.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
What a disappointment Paajarvi turned out to be. And if DP is indeed out for "a while," a guy like McIlrath would make sense for a 6/7 spot. He wouldn't be bumping anyone with potential. Prow is in freakin' Wheeling and Bengtsson has freakin' Lyme disease. Those are the only two guys I'm really curious about. Otherwise we're one more injury away from Oleksy.

Kinda wish that we would have sent over a minor pick (no more than a 5th) for him before he got waived.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Give me McIlrath over Ian Cole. He is bigger, meaner, tougher, and can actually get a shot through from the point. If I was a Ranger fan, I would be livid. This team could use a tough SOB who is capable of clearing the crease and moving the puck forward.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Give me McIlrath over Ian Cole. He is bigger, meaner, tougher, and can actually get a shot through from the point. If I was a Ranger fan, I would be livid. This team could use a tough SOB who is capable of clearing the crease and moving the puck forward.

He would certainly bring in a new element to our team. Not sure if it would benefit us or not, but it would be interesting. However he is not better than Cole. McIlrath plays on the right side anyway.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Random factoid, they waived him but kept Adam Clendening on the roster. Interesting choice.

Clendening has supposedly been doing good in New York. I myself kind of liked him here.

AV hated McIlrath for some unjustified reason. Just like he used to play Tanner Glass over Oscar Lindberg.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I wouldn't. Cole has been very, VERY good for us considering his role. I've been very pleased with the Cole-Schultz paring. With that, I would absolutely 100% claim McIlrath if given the chance. Just to see what you have in him. Big body, physical, can fight. Not sure about his speed but he'd be a solid #7.

Clendening has supposedly been doing good in New York. I myself kind of liked him here.

AV hated McIlrath for some unjustified reason. Just like he used to play Tanner Glass over Oscar Lindberg.

I thought Clendening did a fine job while he was here. I thought it was a freaking outrage that Scuderi was in the lineup over him. Was bummed to lose him but not crushed. I would have taken him as a #7. No better or worse than Warsofsky. Would have preferred to have kept Chorney but oh well.

So here's an unrelated question about the exp draft. Let's say we choose the 7F, 3D route. We have 6 forwards and 4 dmen we want to keep. Could we "convert" Pouliot (for example) to a wing and protect him as a wing as a way to get around having to expose him?

Like serious run a 4th line of Kuhnhackl-Cullen-Pouliot from say Feb onward.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
So here's an unrelated question about the exp draft. Let's say we choose the 7F, 3D route. We have 6 forwards and 4 dmen we want to keep. Could we "convert" Pouliot (for example) to a wing and protect him as a wing as a way to get around having to expose him?

Like serious run a 4th line of Kuhnhackl-Cullen-Pouliot from say Feb onward.

Michel Therrien is behind you 100%, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

That is an interesting question though. Guys like Buff and Burns have some history at both positions but I imagine they'd call bull on doing that with DP. I could only see that working if it already started happening, which it can't, because he's hurt, and would be really weird.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Jesus. I thought only Labrador retrievers got that these days. What, was this guy rolling around in a nest of ticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad