Prospect Info: 2016-17 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakics Snowblower

Aug 16, 2011
Saint John, NB
I got to watch Nicolas Meloche in Saint John last night. He had a good game I thought. Seeing him in person, he's among the bigger dudes out there, but I didn't really see him use his size much. Not for big hits or anything, anyway - he certainly didn't shy away from any nasty stuff in front of the net.

He was out for most special team situations, PP & PK, and saw the ice for most of the 3 on 3 overtime. He actually made a great move to come in alone on the Saint John goalie and score, but ran out of room in the process and ended up plowing the goalie into the net during the play leading to the goal being called back.

Anyway, it was neat having an Av's prospect come through town. When Rouyn Noranda comes through again I'll look forward to seeing Beaudin play.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thanks for the recap, I was following that game on the boxscore last night as I wasn't able to watch. Was it as bad as the shots indicated, something like 14-50. At least Meloche had 4 of them. I know SJ is one of the best teams in the league but this is becoming a bit of a theme for Gatineau. Yeah I don't think he's a big hitter, more likes to rub guys out in the corner and agitate them. Sounds like it was a good game anyway in OT.

Sakics Snowblower

Aug 16, 2011
Saint John, NB
It was an entertaining game for the home crowd for sure. The shot totals don't really tell the story I dont think - the Sea Dogs will take a lot of shots when they do have control of the puck in the O zone, lots from bad angles etc. Just to throw something at the net sometimes. It felt a lot more even overall.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Regarding to that Mironov hit, I found this funny and post it even tho Hishon has left the organization

:laugh:

Edit: the commentator actually says "What an unbelieveable hit, thats what Im talking about!"

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Check your guides for Morrison's game tonight. Dishnetwork picked it up here in Denver. Starts at 5:30.

And obviously UD is on Altitude at 7:30 (replay at midnight) against OSU, and again tomorrow at 7:00 (8:30 actually on Altitude, many replays throughout the week) against AF.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Check your guides for Morrison's game tonight. Dishnetwork picked it up here in Denver. Starts at 5:30.

And obviously UD is on Altitude at 7:30 (replay at midnight) against OSU, and again tomorrow at 7:00 (8:30 actually on Altitude, many replays throughout the week) against AF.

What channel for Notre dame? (Not the number, the name, I dont have dish) I've been trying to track all the games down but haven't seen anything for tonight.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What channel for Notre dame? (Not the number, the name, I dont have dish) I've been trying to track all the games down but haven't seen anything for tonight.

Probably on Comcast Sports Chicago, the lesser Notre Dame sports end up there sometimes.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

The station is CSNCH, whatever that is. Dish picked it up as one of their alternative sports games. It's not a channel that is always on. Dish randomly picks up games throughout the country on various different stations.

I always just search for key phrases "hky" and "hockey".

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is Bieber really all you hear in Canada? No one plays Neil Young any more? Poor excuse, he's cut.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You Canadians could at least listen to a good Canadian boy in Mac DeMarco if you needed something more modern. :nod:

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
The band or the hockey players?

Hmm, good question. I didn't even think of hockey brothers. Growing up in the 90's and having a preteen step sister makes me think of that crap boy band anytime I hear the name, especially when talking about brothers.

The hockey players would make more sense (and that's actually a cool idea). He is probably too young (and male, seriously did any guy of any age like them) to think the band was cool anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad