GDT: 2016-17 NHL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Minnesota dominated the first period and lead 1-0, quite the contrast to how Calgary's potential elimination game has gone so far.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Sens fan here. Just popped over to say you guys have a legit blueliner in McAvoy. He's going to real good.

Admittedly, I wish that B.U. had made it to Chicago and that the Bruins' blue line wasn't so decimated, but watching him jump right in has been fun. His sterling performace against Canada in the WJC gold medal game in a hostile Bell Centre showed he handle just about anything.

http://www.masslive.com/bruins/inde...n_over_canada_in_world_junior_title_game.html

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
What goal was it? I'd like to actually see the boxscore if they counted all seven players as being on the ice.

Funny thing was both teams had to many players on the ice. Maybe they should introduce a challenge opportunity to get those calls right (it did lead to a goal after all). :sarcasm:

Seven on seven - imagine how little room you would have to operate in then. Let's hope Bettmen didn't see it as a new concept that would add to the entertainment value for his loyal fans. :shakehead

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Haha, they're saying Radulov wasn't on the ice? :laugh:

He was the one who sent them in on the rush, then stayed around the Rangers bench as they scored, whereupon he skated down and celebrated with them

And that will probably do it for the Caps. 5 goals on 26 shots.

Perfectly consistent for the officials as they never saw Radulov on the ice all night. Number of blatant calls on him were simply ignored.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Not surprised on Bylsma, somewhat surprised on Murray. Both of them are trash, so it's for the better for Buffalo though.

By all accounts, Bylsma had it coming. I am surprised, however, that Murray was let go. I didn't think that he was doing a bad job in Buffalo.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
CBJ And Pitts get Peel and Furlatt tonight...

Why on earth would they be allowed to ref together after game 3 debacle:laugh:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Nah, he's pretty ****ing good if you ask me.

2nd in the league in GAA. 3rd in save pct. 1st in wins. 1st in shutouts. He is gosh awful in shootouts, so I guess there's that working against him. Overall though he is indeed very good. Certainly a top-5 goalie without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad