2016-17 NBA regular season thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Warriors fan accusing Harden of flopping is a bit rich.

How so?

I've seen a lot of complaints about the Warriors over the last 3 years. They complain about fouls too much, kick people in the groin, celebrate on the court too much, Steph is soft, Draymond's a donkey etc.

But flopping would be a new one.

Last edited:

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
How so?

I've seen a lot of complaints about the Warriors over the last 3 years. They complain about fouls too much, kick people in the groin, celebrate on the court too much, Steph is soft, Draymond's a donkey etc.

Really?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
How so?

You seriously think Steph and Klay don't flop?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Harden and his flopping is undefendable. I have a hard time watching a full Rockets game on TV just because of it.

I never said Harden doesn't flop. He's probably the biggest flopper in the game. It's just funny seeing a Warriors fan accusing someone else of flopping. Pot meet kettle.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
You seriously think Steph and Klay don't flop?

Honestly not really. Especially not Klay. At least by comparison to most NBA players.

The only thing I could see as being perceived as a flop by either player is when Steph falls after shooting 3's. But that's more to protect his ankles from landing awkwardly or being stepped on. He began to adopt that shortly after like his 3rd or 4th pretty severe ankle injury. He literally practices that and has attributed it to his being healthy for most of the last 4 years.

Last edited:

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Every NBA team flops (Warriors included). Sadly it's a major part of the game now. But in the breadth of a James Harden or Lebron James? No I've never heard a complaint even from Warriors haters about them in that light.

lol, it goes from it's a new complaint to you to well, they do but...

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
lol, it goes from it's a new complaint to you to well, they do but...

:huh:

What I'm saying is that of all the complaints I've heard about the Warriors in the last 3 years, flopping at a James Harden rate has never been one. Of course you could pick out an example of Dray or Iggy flopping, but you could go through every NBA team and find instances of flopping. But in a discussion centered around a guy who does it frequently throughout games, I'm not sure the Warriors or most teams for that matter belong in the discussion.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Every NBA team flops (Warriors included). Sadly it's a major part of the game now. But in the breadth of a James Harden or Lebron James? No I've never heard a complaint even from Warriors haters about them in that light.

No they are not on Harden/Bron level but they are not far off especially a guy like Draymond.

Warriors as a team are one of the biggest floppers out there. You calling out Harden is priceless.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
No they are not on Harden/Bron level but they are not far off especially a guy like Draymond.

Warriors as a team are one of the biggest floppers out there. You calling out Harden is priceless.

Agree to disagree about the team being amongst the biggest floppers. Beyond a selective memory from seeing them on national television I'm not sure what you'd have to support that.

But even if it were the case, it doesn't mean that a Warrior fan can't point out Harden's flopping has gone to an all-time level.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Agree to disagree about the team being amongst the biggest floppers. Beyond a selective memory from seeing them on national television I'm not sure what you'd have to support that.

But even if it were the case, it doesn't mean that a Warrior fan can't point out Harden's flopping has gone to an all-time level.

It kinda does. Especially when you defend your guys.

It'd be like me (Rockets fan) bagging the **** out of CP and Blake Griffin and whinging how they had 23 more free throws.

If you cheat (yes flopping is cheating) don't complain when someone else cheats better than you. Makes you sound petty.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
^D + taking advantage of OKC's issue of late game stops

Flopping is fine

/unpopular opinion

It is what it is. And seriously, as much as people say they want it called, I bet they really wouldn't when it came to their own teams.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Harden is so useless when he's off his game. Poor shot selection, predictable, flopping, turning it over, but most of all; nonchalant and horrible on the defensive end. I haven't seen much of the supposed improvement on D.

Worst player on the court tonight vs the Warriors, who admittedly have his number.

I've moved onto Kawhi as my MVP.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Moreso than the Warriors having his number, his wrist has clearly been ****ed the last couple games but he refuses to take a night off.

Westbrook MVP for now.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Harden is so useless when he's off his game. Poor shot selection, predictable, flopping, turning it over, but most of all; nonchalant and horrible on the defensive end. I haven't seen much of the supposed improvement on D.

Worst player on the court tonight vs the Warriors, who admittedly have his number.

I've moved onto Kawhi as my MVP.

To be fair he's been playing with a jammed wrist.

Ultimately Beastbrook will win it due to the fact he doesnt have much surrounding him.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Dear God another nationally televised game featuring the Knicks tomorrow.

I'm certain most NBA fans really don't give two ***** about the 29-47 Knicks. Yeah I know they are a big market team, but I'd rather watch literally any other team including the Lakers (shudder), than the Knicks.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dear God another nationally televised game featuring the Knicks tomorrow.

I'm certain most NBA fans really don't give two ***** about the 29-47 Knicks. Yeah I know they are a big market team, but I'd rather watch literally any other team including the Lakers (shudder), than the Knicks.

People thought they'd be good this year with the additions they made. But some of us knew they would be the same old crappy Knicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad