2016-17 NBA regular season thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Terrific game in Portlandia.

I turned the game off to do something during halftime with 2.7 seconds left so of course Taj Gibson hits a A-Rod hail mary in that time.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Charles: Westbrook is hunting the triple double.
Charles: Westbrook took too many shots, he needs to involve his teammates more.

Like, pass more and get more assists that lead to a triple double? :facepalm:

I don't know if Chuck even watched the game that was right in front of them. He had 4 assists. Adams dropped a ton of passes inside. Any time Roberson shoots is a wasted possession. McDermott went 4/12. Gibson and Kanter ate inside and they got a bunch of the ball, though Kanter got blocked a bunch.

Now he's saying the Warriors are gonna miss Harrison Barnes...

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
For as often as Chuck is good for a laugh, its an incredible that he's still on the show. The fact he is propped up as some sort of authority or knowledgeable figure is a disgrace. He just comes across as a bitter old man whose upset watching guys have more success than he did.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I think KD's absence is just going to further prove how overlooked he's been all season in the MVP discussion. He's been playing defense at a level just a hair below guys like Kawhi and Draymond this year.

Warriors have their work cut out for them but I think this will be good for them in the long run. Get Curry and Klay back into the mindset that they are primary scorers. Get McCaw and Clark some more minutes. Have Iggy and Livingston be the primary ball handler more often. Assimilate Barnes into the rotation. Push Zaza, McGee, West, and Draymond to start crashing the boards harder.

The Warriors have pretty much used Durant as a crutch all season long. That's fine and it's worked up until now but it's quite clear that the team hasn't been playing the same way it did last season. Not in terms of quality, but simply in terms of how they're actually playing the game. Hopefully the remainder of the regular season will serve as a way of getting the guys to play more cohesive as they did last season. Then when KD returns, he will be a luxury not a crutch for them to lean on.

EDIT: I think I should rephrase that final paragraph. The issue hasn't so much been the team playing differently as it has been Curry playing differently. I think he's had a hard time finding a balance between still being an aggressive scorer and ceding the way for Durant. He's been overly generous with giving Durant the floor when there are absolutely times where the team needs Curry to takeover and produce one of his signature 'Curry flurries' (those highlight reel moments where he somehow scores 11 points in 2 minutes). Hopefully Durant's absence will remind him that he can still be this team's main option while also backing off for his teammates when he isn't feeling it. I think his recent slump is a function of him trying to force himself back into that mindset.

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
For as often as Chuck is good for a laugh, its an incredible that he's still on the show. The fact he is propped up as some sort of authority or knowledgeable figure is a disgrace. He just comes across as a bitter old man whose upset watching guys have more success than he did.
Getting rid of the funniest person on the show probably isn't a good idea.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Getting rid of the funniest person on the show probably isn't a good idea.

I'll take Shaq's dead pan humor and Kenny's insight over Chuck bumbling away like an idiot everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Most of Chuck's humor is in the form of him getting made fun of for the dumb things he says.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Chuck is funny, Shaq is akward and sometimes he's boring as hell. Not to mention he can't bring forth a valid analysis and instead piggybacks on whatever the Jet says 80% of the time.

I get it though why Warriors fans wouldn't like Chuck.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I'll take Shaq's dead pan humor and Kenny's insight over Chuck bumbling away like an idiot everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Most of Chuck's humor is in the form of him getting made fun of for the dumb things he says.
You're probably in the minority on that one.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
The problem with KD at the 4 is that he doesn't set enough picks. Barnes is not half the player KD is but he was a very good pick setter.

For all the chatter of "KD is gonna get all of Barnes' open looks"... that hasn't happened all season.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I find it hilarious that Durant is even in the MVP discussion. Take him out and you still have a top 3 team in the league.

1A) Harden
1B) Westbrook
3) Leonard
4) Thomas
5) James

He wouldn't make my top 5 of MVP's this season. He's probably been a top 5 player, though, but that's something else.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
True, yet he's carried a fairly average side to second overall in the East and is the leading scorer in the league during crunchtime.

Take him off the Celtics and they wouldn't even sniff the playoffs. I can't say the same about Durant or even James.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
True, yet he's carried a fairly average side to second overall in the East and is the leading scorer in the league during crunchtime.

Take him off the Celtics and they wouldn't even sniff the playoffs. I can't say the same about Durant or even James.

C's would definitely make the playoffs without him. A) Its the east and B) They have a really good bench.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
they've got to do co-mvp's this season. there's really no way you can name either russ or harden mvp and ignore the other's historic season

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
they've got to do co-mvp's this season. there's really no way you can name either russ or harden mvp and ignore the other's historic season

Honestly. They did co-ROY way back in the 90s and I get MVP is the top award but still. They are arguably both as valuable. If anything its going to be the closest vote in history.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
how did the celtics end up with the nets 1st rounder this year?

makes me sick thinking they'll most likely end up drafting first overall

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

The Cavs have won 20-25% of their games over the past 3 seasons when Lebron doesn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad