Fantasy: 2016-17 HF Sharks Division 2 Fantasy Hockey

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Season starts in less than two days. I'm really interested to see this Fantrex in motion in terms of live scoring and the like. One of the things I do like about Yahoo's app is the button of starting active players. I'm not sure if Fantrex has that or not. Still, it's exciting learning about a new program, especially since I would like to try to move away from Yahoo in terms of Fantasy.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Season starts in less than two days. I'm really interested to see this Fantrex in motion in terms of live scoring and the like. One of the things I do like about Yahoo's app is the button of starting active players. I'm not sure if Fantrex has that or not. Still, it's exciting learning about a new program, especially since I would like to try to move away from Yahoo in terms of Fantasy.

Not my league, but I was just checking around to see opinions on the switch. Some of my initial impressions…

Yahoo had that horrible glitch where you'd pick up a player and it would reshuffle your roster for the week. I left a lot of players on the bench that way. Yahoo also has horrible delays in IRs. Fantrax is fast. Almost too fast.

It looks like Fantrax is improving their interface to mobile, responsive and desktop formats. The Players section is already better and the roster section should come soon.

I'm having some difficulties with Fantrax, but Yahoo was a sinking ship. I still think ESPN is the best, but I appreciate the switch no matter the learning curve.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I don't think they do, unfortunately.

Not my league, but I was just checking around to see opinions on the switch. Some of my initial impressions…

Yahoo had that horrible glitch where you'd pick up a player and it would reshuffle your roster for the week. I left a lot of players on the bench that way. Yahoo also has horrible delays in IRs. Fantrax is fast. Almost too fast.

It looks like Fantrax is improving their interface to mobile, responsive and desktop formats. The Players section is already better and the roster section should come soon.

I'm having some difficulties with Fantrax, but Yahoo was a sinking ship. I still think ESPN is the best, but I appreciate the switch no matter the learning curve.

Also, you're allowed to make adds even if an IR player is no longer on IR. For Yahoo, a message would come up. "Player X is no longer on IR, so you cannot make an add." Or something like that.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Crap, melkman found a loophole in the max reserve thingy since he had nobody on IR...

I am looking into the settings now. I am relatively new to Fantrax as well (been using it only for about a year and a half now).

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So...16 reserve players now? lol

Yeah, but there is a max roster size, so you can't use all of those bench spots. Someone in a different HF league (not going to say who) complained about the max reserve thingy. So, I switched to no max bench but I kept a max roster size. I wasn't thinking that having no IRed players meant you could carry more bench players.

I am asking a buddy who has been using Fantrax for awhile now how to fix this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad