Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #7

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Re-voting Lindblom

It feels so good to be this far down the list, yet still talking about prospects that have a reasonable shot at being contributors in the NHL.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Laberge, Lindblom, and Allison are my next tier. Lindblom is a pretty solid bet to be a decent complimentary scorer in the NHL. Laberge and Allison have more upside, but also more question marks.

I ended up voting Laberge just because he has the best natural skill set. Really though, it's super close and you could probably talk me into voting for any of these 3. It's crazy how good the prospect pool looks.

Hagg might not even make the top 10. #depth

I don't even have him in my top 15.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Yeah, of the players still up, I have Laberge, Lindblom, NAK, Allison, Friedman, Vorobyov, and Leier ahead of Hagg. So he probably comes in at 13-15 for me. Trajectory matters, and Hagg's has been in the wrong direction for a while now.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Voted Lindblom, but I think he's in a tier with Allison, Leberge, and NAK (not necessarily in that order).

Hagg is in the group with Leier, Vorobyov, and the other bottom-six/bottom-pairing projection guys.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm not even sure if Hagg makes my top 20 honestly. Definitely not if the goalies were included.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
We should vote Haag next so when we throw him into trade proposals he has more value

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
We should vote Haag next so when we throw him into trade proposals he has more value
2671e0601faf3b43874e061ff665e3e2.jpg

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I'm on the Allison train here. As mentioned by everybody, it's a tough call between 3-5 guys in this range. Leaning on his goal scoring ability in my decision, which is still unique throughout the organization from top to bottom. It should earn him a lot of opportunity at scoring roles.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah, of the players still up, I have Laberge, Lindblom, NAK, Allison, Friedman, Vorobyov, and Leier ahead of Hagg. So he probably comes in at 13-15 for me. Trajectory matters, and Hagg's has been in the wrong direction for a while now.

This is doing a great disservice to Hagg, frankly. I know we have to have a whipping boy, even among our prospects, but the kid is still very young, 21 yrs old, with 2 years in the A under his belt. He came over to learn the pro game here instead of staying in Sweden (which some lament about Lindblom) because the team wanted him to. He's already more filled out than most of our prospects, and I think he'll probably be ready for some NHL games this year.

I would definitely put him ahead of Allison, Friedman, Vorobyov and Leier, for sure.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This is doing a great disservice to Hagg, frankly. I know we have to have a whipping boy, even among our prospects, but the kid is still very young, 21 yrs old, with 2 years in the A under his belt. He came over to learn the pro game here instead of staying in Sweden (which some lament about Lindblom) because the team wanted him to. He's already more filled out than most of our prospects, and I think he'll probably be ready for some NHL games this year.

I would definitely put him ahead of Allison, Friedman, Vorobyov and Leier, for sure.

He came over because he wasn't good enough to warrant the playing time required for his development in Modo. He had the similar problem last year in LV where he was often rotated between the bottom pairing & the pressbox.

He's got a ways to go if he wants to see the NHL. The fact he's filled out is more of a negative than a positive at this point given his play up to now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In his defense, he was hurt last year and admitted that it took him a while to get back into the swing of things. He was much better at the end of the year so hopefully he picks up where he left off.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In his defense, he was hurt last year and admitted that it took him a while to get back into the swing of things. He was much better at the end of the year so hopefully he picks up where he left off.

Yeah seeing that interview gives hope that he can be better. And really, he needs to be because his competition has now arrived.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Wanted to go with leier because he seems the most NHL ready but with all the bottom 6 signings in not sure where he fits this year. Though only a bottom 6er he seems ready to be a good one

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I just love that we are at the point where we can trade guys mid-season for picks, and replace them from within. That will keep the pipeline coming and make up for those times when Hextall feels being a Buyer at the deadline is the best move.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
He came over because he wasn't good enough to warrant the playing time required for his development in Modo. He had the similar problem last year in LV where he was often rotated between the bottom pairing & the pressbox.

He's got a ways to go if he wants to see the NHL. The fact he's filled out is more of a negative than a positive at this point given his play up to now.
I kind of hope Hextall trades Hagg for the good of his career. He's not developing in Lehigh Valley for whatever reason and might have better luck elsewhere.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Considering they need some defensemen and prospects, I think Dallas would love someone like Hagg.

Hagg's value is low right now. I doubt any team is going out of their way to give up a decent asset for him. He just has more value to the Flyers, seeing if he can bounce back and make himself a worthy part of the defense prospect pool again. He's a player who thrives off structure and those around him. Being a part of a potential top AHL team could help get his game back on track.

As a 21 year old d man, I don't think it's crazy to think he could still become a nice NHL player. With the type of game he plays, he might be an ideal partner for some of our elite offensive minded d. It just makes more sense value-wise to hang on to him and see what he is instead of selling for pennies on the dollar.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dallas have a bunch of young Dmen already. Oleksiak, Nemeth, Johns, Lindell, Honka, Bystrom, Backman, Hansson, Martenet and Ebert. So Hagg would have very little value to them.

The Flyers have two more years till Hagg has to pass thru waivers so the smart move is to be patient with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad