Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #2

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I actually thought we are listing the players with the best skating here.:laugh: That's why I voted for Konecny.. :facepalm: I blame it on reading this stuff at night.

Now that I know what we're talking about, I wouldn't probably give Konecny #1 title like I said I tried to.:laugh: Konecny has been a little shadowed by Provy tho. I'm fine whoever is the top guy or second guy here, but they're all great. Provorov, Konecny, Sanheim. All have the superstar potential. I feel like Konecny is going to be a true steal out of his draft:yo:

Provorov is awesome, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sanheim came out to be the #1 D for this team in the future. That's how good Provy and Sanheim (+TK) are. There's really no clear cut #1.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
For comparison, these are the prospects vying for the #1 spot on the Devils prospect ranking:

Steven Santini
Joseph Blandisi
MacKenzie Blackwood
Pavel Zacha
Miles Wood
Mike McLeod
John Quenneville
Scott Wedgewood

:biglaugh:

I can honestly say I wouldn't consider taking one of those players until you got to #4 on our list. Possibly even further than that.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
For comparison, these are the prospects vying for the #1 spot on the Devils prospect ranking:

Steven Santini
Joseph Blandisi
MacKenzie Blackwood
Pavel Zacha
Miles Wood
Mike McLeod
John Quenneville
Scott Wedgewood

:biglaugh:

I can honestly say I wouldn't consider taking one of those players until you got to #4 on our list. Possibly even further than that.

That was us 3 years ago, things can change quick with a good GM :handclap:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That was us 3 years ago, things can change quick with a good GM :handclap:

What's funny though, is that they have missed the playoffs the last 4 years and 5 of the last 6, so they should have been sellers along the way and gathered more picks...liked we did.

In the 3 previous drafts before this one, they only had 5, 6, and 5 picks. Not having many picks while being a non playoff team is a poor way to rebuild...lol.

Last edited:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
^Morin is underrated around here. Crazy high ceiling.

People still like him but the more years since his draft the lesser the probability of him ever reaching his full upside. Looks like he will settle somewhere in the middle.

He comes along just fine and will add a new dimension to the Flyers blueline but chances of him ever becoming a dominant two-way defenseman, maybe even a #1? It's been a while since anyone ever talked about him like that.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I see Sanheim as our top prospect with Provorov not even exactly behind him, but I gotta say, I really love that there's a solid group for the Neck at 2nd. I can't wait for how fun it's going to be as a Philly fan in another year from now.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
People still like him but the more years since his draft the lesser the probability of him ever reaching his full upside. Looks like he will settle somewhere in the middle.

He comes along just fine and will add a new dimension to the Flyers blueline but chances of him ever becoming a dominant two-way defenseman, maybe even a #1? It's been a while since anyone ever talked about him like that.

I think Morin becomes a defenseman in the mold of Marc-Edouard Vlasic. Incredible defensively, only puts up 25-30 points a season, but still a top pairing defenseman. The average age that a defenseman becomes a top 4 is 21.5 years old (math done by Appleyard). Morin is still 20 (for a week). That gives him until around January to step into the league as a top 4 defenseman to hit the average for defenseman that eventually become top pairing players. I believe he'll do it. He's still my favorite defensive prospect despite the new additions. I fully believe he still has top pairing potential and may even become a bonafide #1 one day.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Morin will be competing against Provorov for top spot on the left side. Not sure he will be able to be ever called a top pairing guy.

But that's ok because having a 2nd pairing of Morin and Ghost playing behind Provy and Sanheim could be dynamic.

And guys, we are about 1 year away from seeing that come true. The patience will be well worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad