Prospect Info: 2016-17 Flyers Prospects - Top 20 SKATERS, #2

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This year we are splitting the polls into a top 20 for skaters, and a top 5 for goalies. This is the second poll for SKATERS.

1. Provorov, Ivan (88%)

Alt, Mark
Allison, Wade
Amorosa, Terrance
Aube-Kubel, Nicolas
Bardreau, Cole
Bernhardt, David
Bunnaman, Connor
Dove-McFalls, Samuel
Drake, David
Fazleev, Radel
Friedman, Mark
Goulbourne, Tyrell
Hagg, Robert
Hogberg, Linus
Kase, David
Konecny, Travis
Laberge, Pascal
Laczynski, Tanner
Leier, Taylor
Lindblom, Oskar
Martel, Danick
Marody, Cooper
Morin, Sam
Myers, Phil
Pettersson, Jesper
Rubtsov, German
Sanheim, Travis
Salinitri, Anthony
Straka, Petr
Twarynski, Carson
Vorobyov, Mikhail
Weal, Jordan
Willcox, Reece
Vasiliev, Valeri

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
To create the poll you have to enter every prospects name again apart from the previous winner.

This is why the polls do not appear until a few minutes after the threads.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
To create the poll you have to enter every prospects name again apart from the previous winner.

This is why the polls do not appear until a few minutes after the threads.

Type faster. In the words (well, word) of Jeremy Clarkson, PPPOOWWWWEEEERRRRRRRRAAHHRR!

:sarcasm:

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Tough. Between Konecny and Sanheim. I think Sanheim's projects a hair better / more valuable position.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Probably has greater bust potential than the other guys who will be around him in the rankings, but his skill level is elite and he will be elite if it translates. Sanheim. I don't think people are going to agree with my vote in the next poll.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
It will get more interesting in the 4-6 range. Morin, Myers and Rubtsov are much more interchangeable than the first 3.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I think Rubstov will skyrocket to the top 3 with more exposure. A big skilled two way center has so much value. He reminds me so much of Sergei Fedorov with his ability to create turnovers and turn them into scoring opportunities. He doesn't have Sergei's speed but the hockey sense and skill looks comparable.

Right now for me its hard to say who is after Provorov. Provorov to me is a franchise defenseman who plays in every situation. So i'm not surprised he was picked at #1.

The question for me is who do you value at number 2? You could make a case for Konecny, Morin, and Sanheim. The tenacity, intangibles, and skill of Konecny? The size offensive instincts and elite skating ability of Sanheim? Or the rare size and skating combo with the elite shutdown capability of Morin?

The consensus seems to be Sanheim then Konecny. I just see it alot closer than most. They are interchangeable to me. If i had a vote its Morin for me. I really think he changes to completion of the team from a mental standpoint and the effect it has on the opposition.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I know pretty much no one will agree with me, but I have a feeling that Morin will turn out better than Sanheim in the end.

Either way, taking Konecny.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Voted Konecny 2 times in a row now. Gimme him:rant:

Same here. I understand the excitement for Provorov and Sanheim, but I find it a bit perplexing that Konecny is so overshadowed. It's as if he's still carrying the baggage of falling in his draft year. This was the OHL #1 overall priority selection and Rookie of the Year who completely returned to form last year, dominated on two separate teams, plays with outstanding intensity, great flash and playmaking creativity, and scores spectacular goals. He's also one of the top young skaters in the world and a remarkable athlete, testing nearly comparably to Connor McDavid in power, acceleration and agility. My hunch is that he is NHL-ready and capable of putting up 40+ points as a teenager in the right role. To me that means Provorov-Sanheim are not the clear-cut top-2 prospects.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Same here. I understand the excitement for Provorov and Sanheim, but I find it a bit perplexing that Konecny is so overshadowed. It's as if he's still carrying the baggage of falling in his draft year. This was the OHL #1 overall priority selection and Rookie of the Year who completely returned to form last year, dominated on two separate teams, plays with outstanding intensity, great flash and playmaking creativity, and scores spectacular goals. *He's also one of the top young skaters in the world and a remarkable athlete, testing nearly comparably to Connor McDavid in power, acceleration and agility. My hunch is that he is NHL-ready and capable of putting up 40+ points as a teenager in the right role.

You're perplexed that Konecny is overshadowed by two prospects with superstar potential?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
You're perplexed that Konecny is overshadowed by two prospects with superstar potential?

I think that some people don't quite realise what Sanheim did this year... highest PPG of any WHL Dman in the last 20 years... and the WHL 20 years ago was a higher scoring league.

And then add onto that he is 6'4 and skates like very few players can.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I think that some people don't quite realise what Sanheim did this year... highest PPG of any WHL Dman in the last 20 years... and the WHL 20 years ago was a higher scoring league.

Calgary also wasn't particularly good. Makes the feat all the more remarkable

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
It's insane what Sanheim accomplished this season, and to see the roster he did it with is absolutely crazy. We're very lucky to have been able to let him so thoroughly explore his offensive potential before becoming a pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad