Twarynski, Carson
Vorobyov, Mikhail
Weal, Jordan
Willcox, Reece
Vasiliev, Valeri

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Friedman. He is definitely the dark horse D-prospect. I hope he doesn't go the way of Jimmy Vesey.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
My top 12 Flyers prospects list
1. Ivan Provorov
2. Travis Sanheim
3. Travis Konecny
4. Samuel Morin
5. German Rubtsov
6. Philippe Myers
7. Nicolas Aube-Kubel
8. Oskar Lindblom
9. Pascal Laberge
10. Robert Hagg
11. Mark Friedman
12. Taylor Leier

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, Friedman has more upside than the rest, he could be a 2nd pairing offensive defensemen, most of the remaining forwards are 3rd/4th line prospects or real long-shots like Marody.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Went with Friedman. We'll see how things play out but Vesey had to have a monster junior year before it was worth it to turn down an NHL contract & wait it out.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Picked Fazleev. He has a game that definitely fits the NHL. I think he has a very good chance of being a quality bottom 6 player. Like a Max Talbot with better hands

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Went with Vorobyov. More I read about him the more I like. Could have put him above the last couple and it would have been fine by me.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Went Vorobyov but have him virtually tied with Friedman. Both are under-the-radar types. I don't think Friedman will ever play for the Flyers though... I see him graduating from college and walking as a free agent-- at least that's what I would do if I were him. I was a big fan of the Friedman pick when it was made.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Whenever I watched Michigan (3-4 times), it seemed like he wasn't getting much ice time and was a healthy scratch a couple times. I could be wrong though.

He was their third line center. He got PP time too (was the net front guy). He missed time with mono during the middle of the season though but got games in before the year ended.

He should see a bump in ice time as they're losing pretty much their entire top six but with that they're losing a lot of talent so they're probably taking step back next season.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Leier. Literally do not know 1 thing about Vorobyov.

Vorobyov is a pretty North American style two way centre, big frame, good on D, good vision and quite a creative passer at times. Held his own in the KHL at end of last season, albeit in limited minutes.

Flyers scout Todd Hearty said that they did not see a big difference between him and Eriksson Ek in draft.

It actually would not be overly surprising for him to be the #1C for Russia at the WJC this year. He is pretty much a lock for the roster and has good chemistry with Kaprizov & Guryanov.

And despite that it is not asinine or ridiculous at all that he will end up at #13-14 in our skater prospect poll! Which says just how good the pool is right now.

At the level he is now he would have been duking it out to be our #1 prospect from Spring 2009 to Spring 2011... when Eriksson, Gustafsson, Bourdon, Marshall, Maroon, Wellwood, Lehtivuori, Nodl, Bartulis & Ranford were the best we had over a two year span! And then once again in Spring 2012 when Wellwood, Gustafsson, Bourdon & Akeson were the top 4 guys!

Last edited:

Rick Deckard

Mar 30, 2006
Germany
It's been between Vorobyov and Friedman for me too, chose the big center.

I think that we've reached a point in the polls where Weal and Lyubimov deserve consideration as well.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
This one feels like a low risk/low reward vs. high risk/high reward -situation.

Went with Leier. Leier's floor potential is highest of the three. Friedman and Vorobyov obviously have higher ceiling but there's a good chance neither will ever see NHL. Leier will propably develope into a 4th liner, maybe even a 3rd liner if we're lucky.

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
It's been between Vorobyov and Friedman for me too, chose the big center.

I think that we've reached a point in the polls where Weal and Lyubimov deserve consideration as well.
I think I'd still have these guys ahead of weal and Lyubimov.
Friedman, Vorobyov, Martel, Fazleev, Leier, and I am rooting for Goulbourne.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Picked Fazleev. He has a game that definitely fits the NHL. I think he has a very good chance of being a quality bottom 6 player. Like a Max Talbot with better hands

Same for me.

I believe Fazleev will be a similar player like Rusty Fedotenko. Solid bottom 6 forward with good allround ability who can move up and down the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad