2016-17 CBJ "Buy/Sell"

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
sell
by end of the year line of saad- jenner- bjork happens and it works.. and it works well:amazed:

Sell, although it's be cool to be wrong. But there's no "drives the play" puck carrier assist guy in that trio.

Torts has a press conference/media availability that goes viral -- before Christmas.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
sell
by end of the year line of saad- jenner- bjork happens and it works.. and it works well:amazed:

Sell. Jenner won't be playing center (hopefully) and Saad and Bjorkstrand will be playing with Wennberg (hopefully).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sell, although it's be cool to be wrong. But there's no "drives the play" puck carrier assist guy in that trio.

Torts has a press conference/media availability that goes viral -- before Christmas.

Buy; I expect that to happen during the preseason.

Buy/Sell: Clarkson once again ends the year with less games played as a Blue Jacket than Nathan Horton. (That would be 9 or fewer this year, in case you're wondering.)

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Buy; I expect that to happen during the preseason.

Buy/Sell: Clarkson once again ends the year with less games played as a Blue Jacket than Nathan Horton. (That would be 9 or fewer this year, in case you're wondering.)

I'll buy this. I just don't see how, even if healthy, Clarkson beats out Gagner, Anderson, PLD, and Campbell :)help:) for a spot on the active roster.

Buy/Sell: Cody Goloubef is put on waivers and is claimed at some point in the season.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'll buy this. I just don't see how, even if healthy, Clarkson beats out Gagner, Anderson, PLD, and Campbell :)help:) for a spot on the active roster.

Buy/Sell: Cody Goloubef is put on waivers and is claimed at some point in the season.

Sell I think this might be the season it clicks for Cody.. It's make or break time for him. And having multiple defensive minded coaches it has to happen or he's not gonna make it anywhere.

Buy/Sell: The cannon ball wall has a record amount of cannon balls on it this season

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
sell

Buy.

Buy/Sell - The CBJ give up the fewest goals over a 82 game season in franchise history (best ever was 2013-2014 - 216 goals or 2.63 per game).

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Buy/Sell - The CBJ give up the fewest goals over a 82 game season in franchise history (best ever was 2013-2014 - 216 goals or 2.63 per game).

Sell. Defense could be better by seasons end but we'll be so young for first half of year and Bob is a slow starter. But by end of season we'll be better defensively (coaching, experience, hopefully goal tending) but early on I doubt it.

Buy/Sell: Gagner at some point this season gets a shot at #1C position (meaning several games 18+ minutes).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Sell. Defense could be better by seasons end but we'll be so young for first half of year and Bob is a slow starter. But by end of season we'll be better defensively (coaching, experience, hopefully goal tending) but early on I doubt it.

Buy/Sell: Gagner at some point this season gets a shot at #1C position (meaning several games 18+ minutes).

Sell. Sell. Sell. Only way that happens is if Wenny and Dubi get hurt. Otherwise they split those minutes. If PLD makes the team Gagner might not even see half that TOI at center.

Buy/Sell: if PLD makes the team, he breaks Nash/Jenner franchise rookie goal record.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sell. Sell. Sell. Only way that happens is if Wenny and Dubi get hurt. Otherwise they split those minutes. If PLD makes the team Gagner might not even see half that TOI at center.

Buy/Sell: if PLD makes the team, he breaks Nash/Jenner franchise rookie goal record.
He'd need to score 18 goals to make that happen. I'll sell.

Buy/Sell: Dalton Prout rebounds back to rookie form and thereby fails to suck.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sell. The suck is strong with him.

Heatherington makes his NHL debut this year

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Sell. The suck is strong with him.

Heatherington makes his NHL debut this year
Sell. Murray, Jones, JJ, Savard, Werenski, Prout, Goloubef, Kukan, Ramage, Nutivaara, Harrington are all ahead of him IMO. Maybe he leapfrogs over them and gets a game or two just so Jarmo and co. can see how he fares but yeah.. I think 2017-18 is his year.

Buy/Sell: Abramov scores 100+ points in the Q

FlavortownGrinder

Feb 11, 2015
Sell. Murray, Jones, JJ, Savard, Werenski, Prout, Goloubef, Kukan, Ramage, Nutivaara, Harrington are all ahead of him IMO. Maybe he leapfrogs over them and gets a game or two just so Jarmo and co. can see how he fares but yeah.. I think 2017-18 is his year.

Buy/Sell: Abramov scores 100+ points in the Q

Sell. He will get around 85-90.

Buy/Sell - Foligno goes undefeated in fights again this year.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Buy. Its really the only thing he can do anymore.

Brandon Saad scores on a breakaway.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well. While we're bragging...

Buy/Sell: Atkinson will finally reach 30 goals this season.

mwahaha.gif

Buy/Sell: Seth Jones reaches 40+ points.

One more point...

Buy/Sell: Dalton Prout rebounds back to rookie form and thereby fails to suck.

...oops.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Bobrovsky will start 60 games and have a GAA greater than .920

He is at 55 GP and .930 this morning, so I like my chances.

On Thanksgiving day, the Blue Jackets will either be in a playoff spot, or no more than 2 points away. (That's 18 games or about 22% of the season).

Check

Buy/Sell: Werenski hits a point no later than February or March when "the light comes on".

Well, I guess Halloween comes before February.

Buy/Sell - The CBJ win opening night against Boston.

Oooops.

Buy/Sell - The CBJ win one of the 3 lottery balls.

Thank God I was wrong.

161 with 13 to play. I'll play that hand.

Not bad - 4 up, 2 down

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
For all the shoulder patters, I thought the point of the game was to pose a question for the next person to answer not make a prediction. I didn't realize that the questioner was taking the over (or under if applicable).:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad