2016-17 CBJ "Buy/Sell"

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
sdfch-meme-generator-sell-stocks-now-get-out-of-the-market-now-f7b78b.jpg

But actually though, if Werenski does not make the NHL club, our defense has got to be the worst in the league and it's not even close.

Buy/Sell: Jackets finish no worse than 5th in the metro division

Sell. Pittsburgh, both New Yorks, Washington, Carolina, and maybe even Philly are better than us. Heck jersey could be too.

Tyutin and Boll get a welcome back video tribute

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Sell. Pittsburgh, both New Yorks, Washington, Carolina, and maybe even Philly are better than us. Heck jersey could be too.

Tyutin and Boll get a welcome back video tribute
Buy, at least for Boll. People seem to have taken a liking to him for his fighting and tenacity, just as with Shelley before him.

Buy/Sell: The Jackets trade one of their NHL or AHL goalies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Buy, at least for Boll. People seem to have taken a liking to him for his fighting and tenacity, just as with Shelley before him.

Buy/Sell: The Jackets trade one of their NHL or AHL goalies.

A sell unless it is Bob that goes. I don't think they take the risk of having only Korpi or Forsberg on the expansion list and I don't expect anyone to want McElhinney.

Buy/Sell: Bob has 5 or more shutouts.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
A sell unless it is Bob that goes. I don't think they take the risk of having only Korpi or Forsberg on the expansion list and I don't expect anyone to want McElhinney.

Buy. I think there's a fire lit under his ass this season and shows us glimpses of Vezina Bob.

Buy/Sell: Jackets have a rookie in the discussion for the Calder trophy.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Buy. I think there's a fire lit under his ass this season and shows us glimpses of Vezina Bob.

Buy/Sell: Jackets have a rookie in the discussion for the Calder trophy.

Buy

Buy/Sell: A few certain fans will admit they were wrong when the Jackets are actually good this year and not the worst team in the history of the NHL. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Sell. He has 3 total in the past two years.

Buy/Sell: Foligno, Hartnell, or Dubinsky will be traded this season with the CBJ retaining a portion of salary.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Buy

Buy/Sell: A few certain fans will admit they were wrong when they Jackets are actually good this year and not the worst team in the history of the NHL. :sarcasm:

Sell. Can't imagine any of those yaehoos admitting they were wrong ;)

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Sell. He has 3 total in the past two years.

Buy/Sell: Foligno, Hartnell, or Dubinsky will be traded this season with the CBJ retaining a portion of salary.

Buy. I think Hartnell will go around the deadline.

Buy/Sell: A goalie not named Bobrovsky plays in 25+ games this year.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015

If your proposition is that any one of the three, then I will buy. That is based upon the assumption that somebody from that group is not earning their salary and the CBJ wish to better position themselves for the Las Vegas entry draft. (Shed NMC)

Here's hoping all three earn their money and the CBJ are not sellers at the trade deadline.

FWIW - Given that Dubinsky seems to have Tort's respect, and how this team is now so thin at center, there is no way he goes this year. It would have to be one heck of a deal.

Buy/Sell - The CBJ win one of the 3 lottery balls.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Sell, to bad of a team.

Buy/Sell Campbell scores 3 goals

I can't agree man. I think Jones breaks 40 and pushes for 50, meanwhile I think Murray and Savard both flirt with 40.

Sell I don't think he'll see the time.

Buy/Sell: Wennberg scores more than 55 points and still gets no respect on HF

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I can't agree man. I think Jones breaks 40 and pushes for 50, meanwhile I think Murray and Savard both flirt with 40.

Sell I don't think he'll see the time.

Buy

Buy/Sell: Cleveland repeats as AHL champions

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Sell. Lost too many players. Might not even make the playoffs.

The yearly Bob groin injury happens in November

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sell. I think the new coach he's working with as well as a potentially lighter workload will help keep him healthy.

Buy/Sell: Gagner scores more than 30 points.

Buy. It is about time we "dodge a break" and get rewarded for a move.

Buy/Sell Bjorkstrand does a stretch in Cleveland to regain his lost scoring touch

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Buy. It is about time we "dodge a break" and get rewarded for a move.

Buy/Sell Bjorkstrand does a stretch in Cleveland to regain his lost scoring touch

Sell

Buy/Sell: Columbus finishes with the worst record in the NHL and Cleveland finishes with the worst record in the AHL

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
There are a couple of goods ones posted recently, so I'll give my take...

Buy/Sell : we have 2 defenceman break 40 points this year.

I'll sell on this. I think Jones puts up 45-50 points, but the rest of the pack won't break 30-35. Murray is the best bet, but I don't think he'll see as much PP time as Jones, Werenski, Savard and Johnson.

I have high expectations for Wennberg, and think he finally puts it all together this season, so I'll buy. My guess is 15-40-55 or somewhere in that ballpark. If he breaks 15 goals that would be amazing.

Buy/Sell: Gagner scores more than 30 points.

I'll buy this. This is a big year for him, and if he can get back to his ways, he should be good for 40ish points (I'm not saying he'll hit that mark, but he will get a good chance playing up and down the lineup - sort of like a Letestu role - and will get some PP time). 15-20-35 is my guess for Sam if he can keep it together and make an impact.

Buy/Sell: Saad breaks the 60 point mark this season

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Sell

Buy/Sell: Columbus finishes with the worst record in the NHL and Cleveland finishes with the worst record in the AHL
Sell.

There are a couple of goods ones posted recently, so I'll give my take...

I'll sell on this. I think Jones puts up 45-50 points, but the rest of the pack won't break 30-35. Murray is the best bet, but I don't think he'll see as much PP time as Jones, Werenski, Savard and Johnson.

I have high expectations for Wennberg, and think he finally puts it all together this season, so I'll buy. My guess is 15-40-55 or somewhere in that ballpark. If he breaks 15 goals that would be amazing.

I'll buy this. This is a big year for him, and if he can get back to his ways, he should be good for 40ish points (I'm not saying he'll hit that mark, but he will get a good chance playing up and down the lineup - sort of like a Letestu role - and will get some PP time). 15-20-35 is my guess for Sam if he can keep it together and make an impact.

Buy/Sell: Saad breaks the 60 point mark this season

Sell.

Dubinsky scores 20 this year (if healthy)

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Likely buy, but don't discount Forsberg.

Campbell gets traded at the deadline for a conditional pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad