Post-Game Talk: 2016-17 All Star Game/Weekend Extravapalooza Etc.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The most entertaining part of the weekend is watching to see if Ovi is drinking at the awkward saturday night festivities.

I remember Scott Stevens in his first ASG hitting like a normal game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think the coaches are at least a little nervous because they don't want to get other coaches star players hurt

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Top 100 list is a joke...

Toews gets on it for team accomplishments. Malkin doesn't get on it despite of major team accomplishments and individual ones too.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Drunk Ovie during the all-star draft night was very awkward.

I loved it :laugh: he's an awkward cat anywhere but the ice it seems and seeing the other side of him always gives me great joy. Not all superstars and leaders in sports are that way outside of the arena. I'm a different guy once I leave the office too. :yo:

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Top 100 list is a joke...

Toews gets on it for team accomplishments. Malkin doesn't get on it despite of major team accomplishments and individual ones too.

That goddamn Toes strikes again!?! :doh:

Honest question: would he be getting this kind of praise from the league if he were let's say...Czech?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
People still considering Jonathan Toews as the best player in his draft over Nicklas Backstrom is a similar travesty than that. It doesn't really even surprise me that he was picked over Malkin there.

And no. If Malkin and Backstrom are Canadian, and Toews is either Russian or a Swede, they would both be considered hands down the better players.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am sure Chicago will eventually weasel it's way out of that contract, somehow. They survived cap hell and won cups. I remember them being saddled with Huets contract, no problem.

Or if they don't dump that contract, everyone will have forgotten that I said they would.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I am sure Chicago will eventually weasel it's way out of that contract, somehow. They survived cap hell and won cups. I remember them being saddled with Huets contract, no problem.

Or if they don't dump that contract, everyone will have forgotten that I said they would.

Milbury will take over the Islanders in few years and he'll trade Tavares for Toews.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
We already know that being Canadian helps Toews's case, because the Slovenian version (who's probably even better than Toews himself) is absent from the top 100 list.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The 4 line challenge was really bad. The only thing saving it was Mike Smith's 20 point shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad