WJC: 2016 — Czech Republic Roster Talk

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Even with the perfomace we had against Finns we aren't beating USA. They won't have the ref help, but they are the best team on the tournament, they are going for that gold.
Dang, last year we had ****ing Slovakia in quaterfinal, how did Prerost **** that up?? I just very doubt Petr and playing with heart will be the recipe for success against USA. I hope I am wrong.

I agree. I hope they can just keep it close. But dang our offence was really getting into the groove in that 3rd period. Hopefully they play like that against the US.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Is it just me or did Zacha not look 100% today? He looked as if he still felt the effects of his injury.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I know it's little off topic, but I try to set lines for next year and I guess next year it will be team of decade ;-) Ten players are in team this year. Plus maybe Klima twins.

Stransky-Spacek-Jasek
Kase-Chlapik-Lakatos
Suchy-Soustal-Dufek
Dymacek-Andel-Wagner

Zboril-Hajek
Krenzelok-Hronek
Budik-Doudera
Kalina

Vladar
Stezka

Looks solid, I would say it's likely there will be some 2017 draft eligible player, just like this year's Stransky or Hronek. Martin Necas I can imagine could have a good shot at it. He looked awesome when I saw him play. Also Filip Zadina, would be really underager, but who knows, he is good.

Is it just me or did Zacha not look 100% today? He looked as if he still felt the effects of his injury.

Yeah, he didn't look 100%.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
I'd like to see Pasternak with Zacha. I know Z isn't 100%, but those two are the future of C hockey. For posterity, let's see what they can do for a game.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Pastrnak before the game vs USA:

"I think, Americans are not much better team than us. We have big chance. We have to play our hockey, we can't let them score, and have to stay out of the penalty box for the whole game."

You can't say that he is not confident, why not. :laugh:

Realistically, we will need a little miracle against USA...

But I am not losing my hope. We have good defense, Vanecek is in great form. Offense is getting better. It's one game. Why not? Let's go!

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I'd like to see Pasternak with Zacha. I know Z isn't 100%, but those two are the future of C hockey. For posterity, let's see what they can do for a game.

I would normally say I agree, but the Czechs offence started to gel really well in the 3rd against the Finns. First time our offence has looked dangerous. So I dont know if id want to mix things up again.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague

"I think, Americans are not much better team than us. We have big chance. We have to play our hockey, we can't let them score, and have to stay out of the penalty box for the whole game."

But I am not losing my hope. We have good defense, Vanecek is in great form. Offense is getting better. It's one game. Why not? Let's go!

Well it's better than giving up early. Though I, as a fan, gave up already on our chances lol. USA is getting gold this year, no one is stopping them sadly.

I would normally say I agree, but the Czechs offence started to gel really well in the 3rd against the Finns. First time our offence has looked dangerous. So I dont know if id want to mix things up again.

Yes, against the Finns were dangerous all three periods. Scored 4 goals and still had plenty of chances. I mean Pastrnak had like two breakaways and other chances. We can't break the lines now.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

We need Vanecek to pull off some Mrazek Magic :)
Pastrnak has to finish his chances this game. Nedeljkovic is a really good goalie and wont give us anything easily.
Zacha will have to be a factor, (doubtful since hes fighting an injury, but he looked better towards the end of the Finland game so who knows)
Zboril has to contribute more offensively
Masin needs to keep doing what hes been doing. Guy is a superstar. So responsible.
Chlapik has to wake up and Stransky needs to be put on that 2nd line.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Well it's better than giving up early. Though I, as a fan, gave up already on our chances lol. USA is getting gold this year, no one is stopping them sadly.

Yes, against the Finns were dangerous all three periods. Scored 4 goals and still had plenty of chances. I mean Pastrnak had like two breakaways and other chances. We can't break the lines now.

Except Stransky :). Switch him with Lakatos and im happy

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Notice Michael Spacek is leading the Czech team in scoring. I liked him last draft. Compared him to David Krejci. How has he looked thus far?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Notice Michael Spacek is leading the Czech team in scoring. I liked him last draft. Compared him to David Krejci. How has he looked thus far?

Hope he progresses that way, Krejci style player would be welcome. Look at my profile picture after all :D

Spacek has been excellent in the first game, after that I would say he went with the team perfomace. Against Slovakia he was okay (Just like others), against Belarus he wasn't very good (Just like others) and against Finland he was very good (Just like others)

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic

Could be true but I would say that Zacha's performance is mostly afected by his linemates. He plays quite physical hard working hockey. He does not seem like guy who just make it all by himself. But his linemates do net help him so much. Lakotos was lost on center positon. Soft, bad skating, bad wihout puck imo. Hard to make something considering this circumstances

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Could be true but I would say that Zacha's performance is mostly afected by his linemates. He plays quite physical hard working hockey. He does not seem like guy who just make it all by himself. But his linemates do net help him so much. Lakotos was lost on center positon. Soft, bad skating, bad wihout puck imo. Hard to make something considering this circumstances

Not true. He's been a "do it all by himself" type player for Sarnia all year. He's used to playing with no talent by his side. But it would for sure be nice if he could at least have one good player by his side.
I really dont understand the logic behind Lakatos being put at the centre position. He was awful. If Petr HAS to have Lakatos on the 2nd line, then why not put Zacha at centre (Where he's been playing very well for Sarnia all year) and Lakatos where he is comfortable. Very questionable coaching if you ask me.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
How has David Kase looked? Just some bad luck or more likely he will have a bigger tournament next year?

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
Not true. He's been a "do it all by himself" type player for Sarnia all year. He's used to playing with no talent by his side. But it would for sure be nice if he could at least have one good player by his side.
I really dont understand the logic behind Lakatos being put at the centre position. He was awful. If Petr HAS to have Lakatos on the 2nd line, then why not put Zacha at centre (Where he's been playing very well for Sarnia all year) and Lakatos where he is comfortable. Very questionable coaching if you ask me.

That's not true IMO. His numbers went rapidly up once he got Patrick White as a linemate which only shows he simply NEEDS a capable player on his side. The statement that he's been playing very well on a centre for Sarnia is also not so much a truth. He played better at LW as he's more suited for that position. He's more of a finisher than playmaker and his teammates and coaches should finally get that. Don't get me wrong, he's a great center but he could be more productive if he'd stick with a LW position for the good.

Last edited:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
That's not true IMO. His numbers went rapidly up once he got Patrick White as a linemate which only shows he simply NEEDS a capable player on his side. The statement that he's been playing very well on a centre for Sarnia is also not so much a truth. He played better at LW as he's more suited for that position. He's more of a finisher than playmaker and his teammates and coaches should finally get that. Don't get me wrong, he's a great center but he could be more productive if he'd stick with a LW position for the good.

Not really. Its more Matt Mistele then Pat White. Mainly cause of the PP too. He's just getting more assists now. Still had enough goals. If you check the highlights of his games this season, then you would see that most of Zachas goals were highlight reel worthy. Pretty much dangled through a bunch of players. Not much to do with his teammates. So I would say he played very well there just not as much point production because of poor linemates.
I do agree that he's more suited at LW. But in the case of the Czech team, or the 2nd line, he should have been put at centre instead of Lakatos. That's my main point.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hope he progresses that way, Krejci style player would be welcome. Look at my profile picture after all :D

Spacek has been excellent in the first game, after that I would say he went with the team perfomace. Against Slovakia he was okay (Just like others), against Belarus he wasn't very good (Just like others) and against Finland he was very good (Just like others)

Thanks for the info. I had Spacek as one of my sleeper picks last draft. He was a great value pick by the Jets to get him that late IMO.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
If we dont have any other option, put Zacha on center. Everything is better than Lakatos there. Frankly I hope he had just bad day on position he is not used to, otherwise he could benched wit such a perfomance. Waking up of this line will be our crucial point in USA match imo. Its not even just about producing but they seemed to me as a weekness against Finland.

Mike2000z28

Dec 13, 2009
Philly, now montreal
I don't get the underdog mantra. One thing I have learned in this tournament is anyone can lose any game to anyone let alone two good teams playing one another. It isn't a good team vs a bad team. If you lost to the tournament favorites by one goal I think you have a good a shot as any to beat the US team.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I don't get the underdog mantra. One thing I have learned in this tournament is anyone can lose any game to anyone let alone two good teams playing one another. It isn't a good team vs a bad team. If you lost to the tournament favorites by one goal I think you have a good a shot as any to beat the US team.

USA keeps getting way too low recognition. Finland is not the favorite, Sweden is not the favorite..it's the USA. I can't see any team beating them. Sweden won because of amazing goalie perfomace, I highly doubt anyone will be able to do that again against the USA. You right about the ''good against good'', but US team is simply a tier above. If we got to play Sweden or Canada I would be confident we can beat them, but we just got the damn USA...anyone but them really...

KurtSloan

Apr 10, 2014
Czech Republic
I really thought that kind of games (what we have to watch today) have gone. How much time it will takes yet until we will be a really competitive team for all the big powers? Will it be better next year? What you think guys?

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I really thought that kind of games (what we have to watch today) have gone. How much time it will takes yet until we will be a really competitive team for all the big powers? Will it be better next year? What you think guys?

Next year could be the year.. if not then, I'm losing all my hopes...
I mean we'll be truly missing just Masin and Pastrnak.. no other '96 was very effective since Vrana or Karabacek didn't get a chance to play anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad