Smejkal - Chlapik - Jenys
Vopelka - Tomasek - Ordos
Kotala

Masin - Pyrochta
Zboril - Miklis
Scotka - Rasner
Havlin

Vanecek, Vejmelka, Vladar

Zacha will be in NHL. Thats the words from his father and agent and his couch in OHL (Source: His father :D ). We will see.
And after this year strong critic of national team and the reactions after that, there is very big chance, young boy will refuse to play there.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Zacha will be in NHL. Thats the words from his father and agent and his couch in OHL (Source: His father :D ). We will see.
And after this year strong critic of national team and the reactions after that, there is very big chance, young boy will refuse to play there.

I have my doubts about Pavel Zacha being in the NHL next year. Perhaps he'll get his nine games, but I think it's fairly unlikely that he will stick for the season. Fathers, agents, and junior coaches really don't make the decisions as to who cracks an NHL roster, I'm afraid to say.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

I don't think so. He has said that if he can come, he will come for the U-18 WC. I'm quite confident he will come for the U-20s as he likes to play with the rest of the guys from his year group.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I'll try the Czechs:

Karabacek - Zacha - Pastrnak
Stransky - Spacek - Vrana
D.Kase - Chlapik - Zohorna
Vopelka - Jenys - Jasek
Vesely

Zboril - Scotka
Masin - Pyrochta
Rasner - Hajek
Pycha

Vanecek
Vladar
Vejmelka

Babula

May 31, 2012
I'll try the Czechs:

Karabacek - Zacha - Pastrnak
Stransky - Spacek - Vrana
D.Kase - Chlapik - Zohorna
Vopelka - Jenys - Jasek
Vesely

Zboril - Scotka
Masin - Pyrochta
Rasner - Hajek
Pycha

Vanecek
Vladar
Vejmelka

like this one.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
2016 — Czech Republic Roster Talk

I have my doubts about Pavel Zacha being in the NHL next year. Perhaps he'll get his nine games, but I think it's fairly unlikely that he will stick for the season. Fathers, agents, and junior coaches really don't make the decisions as to who cracks an NHL roster, I'm afraid to say.

I really dis-like it when fathers get overly involved in their sons career. Last time I heard, Ray Shero is the NJ Devils GM. His dad says:amazed:

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
CZECH REPUBLIC early prediction

Karabacek - Zacha - Pastrnak (NHL)
D. Kase - Spacek - Vrana
Smejkal - Chlapik - Jenys
Vopelka - Tomasek - Ordos
Kotala

Masin - Pyrochta
Zboril - Miklis
Scotka - Rasner
Havlin

Vanecek, Vejmelka, Vladar

I really like this line up. I just miss Soustal, maybe Jasek. We'll see Hajek's progress but he is too young.
I know it is irrelevant speculation, but this year Czechoslovakia team would be candidate to gold. Cernak and Jaros would enhance defence and Bondra also would be reinforcement.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I really like this line up. I just miss Soustal, maybe Jasek. We'll see Hajek's progress but he is too young.

Yes, Soustal would fit. He is having quite good start in WHL. Not sure about Jasek, I really need to watch him at least few times. Hajek is too young in my opinion.

Also, what about Dominik Kubalik? Can he still play in WJC? Or is he already too old?
(In case he can, I would consider him, he is having a fantastic start in Czech extraliga)

I know it is irrelevant speculation, but this year Czechoslovakia team would be candidate to gold. Cernak and Jaros would enhance defence and Bondra also would be reinforcement.

Team Czechoslovakia would be pretty strong indeed. Hopefully the better junior results mean something actually changed in junior coaching, and not just fluke years.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

Even without Slovaks I somewhat believe Czechs are contenders for Gold this year.
A combination of more talent, and most importantly a new competent Head Coach in Jakub Petr. Who has, historically led this age group to 2 U-18 finals last year.

But, the depth for Czechs is really good for once. Probably the best in 25 years. If all goes well and there are no injuries, we should be a big contender for the Gold. Thats ONLY if there are no politics involved and we really do get the best players available to us, on the team.

Hajek is not too young. Even at his age I think he's better then all of Pyrochta, Havlin, Scotka, and Rasner. But thats just my opinion. He should be on the team.

This is my projected line up along with some HM's that will make a push.

Karabacek-Zacha-Vrana
Kase/Stransky-Chlapik-Spacek
Vopelka-Soustal-Jasek
Kase/Stransky-Jenys-Zohorna

Zboril-Masin
Pyrochta-Scotka
Hajek-Havlin
Snajnar

Vanecek
Vladar
Vejmelka/Stezka

Hm's - Dufek, Ordos, Smejkal, Tomasek, Kotala, Krenzelok, Rasner, Miklis

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
2016 — Czech Republic Roster Talk

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find any thread about Czech roster talk for upcoming WJC so I hope it's okay if I create this one.

I will try to predict the best possible roster for us, hopefully I am not forgetting anyone from our top guys... It's just my shot in the dark.

Here it is:

David Pastrnak (19) - Filip Chlapik (18) - Jakub Vrana (19)
Vaclav Karabacek (19) - Pavel Zacha (18) - David Kase (18)
Pavel Jenys (19) - Michael Spacek (18) - Lukas Jasek (18)
Tomas Gres (19) - Jiri Smejkal (18) - Jan Ordos (19)

Extras: Radek Koblizek (17) / Jan Dufek (18)

Dominik Masin (19) - Jakub Zboril (18)
Jan Scotka (19) - Filip Pyrochta (19)
Libor Hajek (17) - David Sklenicka (19)

Daniel Krenzelok (18)

Vitek Vanecek (19)
Daniel Vladar (18)
Karel Vejmelka (19)

What do you think? I know it's quite unlikely for Pastrnak to be there, but anything is possible. According to CZE management group, they will definitely try to get him so who knows. It would be huge addition but yeah... I don't think so.

Discuss. :)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Pastrnak would be huge, crossing my fingers :naughty:
What about Tomas Soustal? He is great so far in WHL.

This team looks really good. Defnitelly one of the best, if not the best, from last years. Hopefully they don't fail as much as last year's team did :facepalm:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Pastrnak would be huge, crossing my fingers :naughty:
What about Tomas Soustal? He is great so far in WHL.

This team looks really good. Defnitelly one of the best, if not the best, from last years. Hopefully they don't fail as much as last year's team did :facepalm:

Yes, I know about him, he's having a nice season so far in the WHL and he's big (190cm / 90kg)! It would be great to have such a center on 3rd or 4th line.

I left him out of my roster since I've read that he was invited to U18 WJC but he declined this invitation (don't know why). And there is a rule that if you are able to participate - you have to participate and play (barring an injury, playing for team or some serious reasons, I suppose). If it is not the case and player refuses then he will be fined. And that is what happened to Tomas Soustal that's why I think there is a possibility that even if he is going to have a great season, they might not invite him to U20 WJC due to that.

This rule apply till U18.

Here's the original article in czech: http://www.hokej.cz/jak-mit-pastrnaka-ci-zachu-inspekce-kontakty-a-komunikace-rika-hnilicka/5009601

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
It's a nice looking team.

But I feel like I've been saying that for two years now :laugh:

Let's see what happens :)

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
Yes, I know about him, he's having a nice season so far in the WHL and he's big (190cm / 90kg)! It would be great to have such a center on 3rd or 4th line.

I left him out of my roster since I've read that he was invited to U18 WJC but he declined this invitation (don't know why). And there is a rule that if you are able to participate - you have to participate and play (barring an injury, playing for team or some serious reasons, I suppose). If it is not the case and player refuses then he will be fined. And that is what happened to Tomas Soustal that's why I think there is a possibility that even if he is going to have a great season, they might not invite him to U20 WJC due to that.

This rule apply till U18.

Here's the original article in czech: http://www.hokej.cz/jak-mit-pastrnaka-ci-zachu-inspekce-kontakty-a-komunikace-rika-hnilicka/5009601

He played for his team Kelowna Rockets in the WHL Playoffs. But it's not an excuse for him. It depends on the negotiation. For example, Daniel Krenzelok participated in the tournament and then he flew back to Canada.

Btw. some rosters are here;)
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1805721
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1962097
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1807329

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Yeah, I got it now, it seems to be more reasonable explanation. Thanks for the clarification and for the links!

Ah, and thanks for merging these threads to one.

canary

Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
This looks like quite a dangerous team, especially if Pastrnak goes. It has got to be the best Czech junior team in years, right?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I was really optimistic about the Czechs chance this year, but they take a big hit without Pastrnak or Vrana, they're still good but they could have potentially been favorites for their division at full strength.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
This looks like quite a dangerous team, especially if Pastrnak goes. It has got to be the best Czech junior team in years, right?

Yeah it's pretty strong. Best since 2005 I would say. No Vrana or Pastrnak hurts but a new coach, solid 3 lines both offensively and defensively, paired with Vanecek and Vladar for goalies, I think they could seriously contend for bronze.

They will have to do good in their group though. 3rd place isn't gonna cut it. They can't play Canada or USA in the quarters. So they will have to beat either Finland or Russia in group play (which is very possible) to get at least 2nd.

That way they play probably Sweden in the quarters which gives them I little bit more of a chance to the semis. Not much tho

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah it's pretty strong. Best since 2005 I would say. No Vrana or Pastrnak hurts but a new coach, solid 3 lines both offensively and defensively, paired with Vanecek and Vladar for goalies, I think they could seriously contend for bronze.

They will have to do good in their group though. 3rd place isn't gonna cut it. They can't play Canada or USA in the quarters. So they will have to beat either Finland or Russia in group play (which is very possible) to get at least 2nd.

That way they play probably Sweden in the quarters which gives them I little bit more of a chance to the semis. Not much tho

My prediction! for what it's worth. I have the Czechs finishing 1st in the group and playing Denmark in the 1/4 final. Joining the Czechs in the 1/2 finals will be Canada Sweden and the U.S.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
My prediction! for what it's worth. I have the Czechs finishing 1st in the group and playing Denmark in the 1/4 final. Joining the Czechs in the 1/2 finals will be Canada Sweden and the U.S.

huh? How do you have Denmark beat Switzerland? They did it last year but they had Ehlers and Bjorkstrand and the Swiss are returning their best forwards from last year including 2 top 15 picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad