Game 2 Vancouver vs. Edmonton Sept. 11 8:30pm

Game 3 Calgary vs. Edmonton Sept. 12 8:30pm

Game 4 Vancouver vs. Winnipeg Sept. 13 3:00pm

Game 5 Edmonton vs. Winnipeg Sept. 14 12:30pm

Game 6 Vancouver vs. Calgary Sept. 14 4:30pm

Last edited:

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Its hosted by Vancouver. Why would they have it here?

Here meaning Penticton?

The Canucks have a history of holding training camps outside of Vancouver, in 2010 they had the tournament and training camp in Penticton and the tournament was successful enough to continue keeping it there. The Canucks held their training camp in Calgary or Medicine Hat for a few of their early years. Apparently they've also held it in Victoria, Courtenay, Powell River, Duncan, Parksville, Kamloops, Vernon and Whistler.

It's probably a way to engage their fanbase outside of the lower mainland. Plus Penticton has great facilities there and there's lots of potential team building activities around.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Here meaning Penticton?

The Canucks have a history of holding training camps outside of Vancouver, in 2010 they had the tournament and training camp in Penticton and the tournament was successful enough to continue keeping it there. The Canucks held their training camp in Calgary or Medicine Hat for a few of their early years. Apparently they've also held it in Victoria, Courtenay, Powell River, Duncan, Parksville, Kamloops, Vernon and Whistler.

It's probably a way to engage their fanbase outside of the lower mainland. Plus Penticton has great facilities there and there's lots of potential team building activities around.

I think Jimmi was wondering why they wouldn't hold it in the Edmonton area, and Wicked Username was pointing out that it's hosted by the Canucks, so why would it be in Edmonton.

There's an appetite to turn Penticton into Traverse 2.0, but I would like it better if (onces participants stabilized), it would change hosts every year.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Wish it was on the long weekend. Oh well still might drive down Friday AM :yo:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think Jimmi was wondering why they wouldn't hold it in the Edmonton area, and Wicked Username was pointing out that it's hosted by the Canucks, so why would it be in Edmonton.

There's an appetite to turn Penticton into Traverse 2.0, but I would like it better if (onces participants stabilized), it would change hosts every year.
Pretty much, I've been to it before. And though Penticton is lovely, I suspect you could host it closer to home (Edmonton) and make a tidy bank on that.

Eitherway, just more sad I can't go (again Life) because I would love to see what Draisaitl, Nurse and McDavid can do there.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
It's a great tournament in a great location. I'm pretty sure it won't change.

Sure, the Flames could host it in Banff or the Oilers could host it in Jasper, but that arena in Penticton is unbelievable.

I know we wish it were closer, but it's really hard to argue with everything Penticton has to offer to players, media, management, etc.

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
I'd imagine we'd see new shiny new toys, (McDavid, Slepyshev, other 2016 picks) and I'd imagine we'd still bring Nurse, Chase, but will guys like Yakimov, Moroz who've played a year of pro go?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Sure, the Flames could host it in Banff or the Oilers could host it in Jasper, but that arena in Penticton is unbelievable.

I know we wish it were closer, but it's really hard to argue with everything Penticton has to offer to players, media, management, etc.

Penticton is a bit expensive and the people are "interesting" to put it nicely.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
The Oilers did have it in Camrose in 2008 and Leduc in 2009 but attendance wasn't the greatest. I think that's part of the reason why Vancouver's kind of taken it and run with it since then.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
any predictions for what our line up would be? with out factoring 2015 picks in besides McDavid.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

Agreed. That arena is awesome. It's a long trek, but worth it IMO.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Well, this should be 2010 all over again for the Oilers.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Platzer
Chase-Yakimov-Slepyshev

Yikes.

Yup holy. Last year they had strong D but Yakimov and vladdy did well. This year the forward will destroy. I don't see any decent comp

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Yup holy. Last year they had strong D but Yakimov and vladdy did well. This year the forward will destroy. I don't see any decent comp

Nurse on the back-end, Brossoit in goal too. That's an entirely different thing than it was last year.

Shouldn't be losing a game.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
If the weather is great. would definitely hit up Penticton. Looks like a nice group once again.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I know it is't good to rub it in an all, but I can only smile thinking of the nucks and flames fans that are going to spend the entire tournment going....f'me, McDavid is good.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If the weather is great. would definitely hit up Penticton. Looks like a nice group once again.

The weather is always nice there outside of forest fire smoke. To be honest that's the problem. It's too nice and the last thing you are thinking of is hockey when there is women in bikinis on the beaches and cold beer to be had.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nurse on the back-end, Brossoit in goal too. That's an entirely different thing than it was last year.

Shouldn't be losing a game.

Is Brossoit still eligible? I guess what are the eligibility rules as a whole. Seems every year a couple guys we think are suppose to play, don't play.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Honestly I'm tempted to fly over from Europe just to see McDavid live. And I'm guessing Western Canada / BC is pretty nice and beautiful in september no?

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
For the love of god. Please spend money to have proper internet streaming and cameras at these games.

Don't film this with a potato and upload it to the internet using dialup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00