2015 Young Stars Classic

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
The Canucks YoungStars Classic will take place Friday, September 11 – Monday, September 14, 2015 in Penticton BC’s beautiful state-of-the-art South Okanagan Events Centre . The tournament will feature a number of notable NHL prospects from the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets.
Schedule

GAME TEAMS DATE TIME
GAME 1 CALGARY VS WINNIPEG SEPT. 11 4:00 PM
GAME 2 VANCOUVER VS EDMONTON SEPT. 11 7:30 PM
GAME 3 CALGARY VS EDMONTON SEPT. 12 7:30 PM
GAME 4 VANCOUVER VS WINNIPEG SEPT. 13 2:00 PM
GAME 5 EDMONTON VS. WINNIPEG/TD> SEPT. 14 11:30 AM
GAME 6 VANCOUVER VS CALGARY SEPT. 14 3:30 PM
*GAME DATES, TIMES AND OPPONENTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
In addition to the game schedule the Young Stars Classic includes, Canucks Business Leaders’ Day, Minor Hockey Day, including a Party on the Plaza with games, food, music and entertainment as well as skills and development camps for BC minor hockey players.
SOURCE

edit
---------------------------------------------
I haven't seen any announcement of the event taking place yet.

I presume it'll be the same days as last year:
September 11th thru September 14th

The South Okanagan Events Centre currently isn't booked for those days, however the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre which is in close proximity is booked for the 19th Annual Pentastic Jazz Festival on the same weekend.

Ever since Anaheim and San Jose left the tournament, we are still left with Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Vancouver.
Anaheim and San Jose did play a pair of "Futures" games against each other last year at The Rinks Anaheim Ice in Anaheim.

What Canucks players do you expect to see there?

Jensen still went last year even though he had played nearly two full professional seasons.
By that account do you still expect to see the likes of Shinkaruk, Fox, Valk, Gaunce, Kenins, Jensen to make an appearance at these Young Stars games

Last edited:

CM-

Mar 15, 2007
Edmonton
Everyone should go:p

Gaunce-Horvat-Virtanen
Shinkaruk-Cassels-McCann
Kenins - Valk - Fox
Blomstrand - Petit - Grenier :P

Hutton - Corrado
Pedan - Subban
Tryamkin - Clendening

Demko
Cannata

I know Tryamkin and Demko can't go. and we will also have our picks from this year.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Here was last year's roster:

http://canucks.nhl.com/v2/ext/14.15 Season/Press_Release/2014_Penticton_Tournament_Roster.pdf

Given that Jensen and Corrado were on the team after 1 AHL season (and guys like Blain, Blomstrand, and Humphries played in the ECHL or KHL), I could see Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Valk, and Fox playing. Methinks Jensen, Corrado, Grenier, Cannata, Tryamkin, Kenins, and Clendenning are too old.

Also, Demko won't go because it would invalidate his college eligibility.

So wild guess...

Shinkaruk - McCann - Fox
Virtanen - Cassels - Valk
Stewart - Pettit - Zalewski
???? - ???? - ????

Hutton - Subban
Cederholm - McEneny
Sautner - ????

????
????

^ We have no goalies that would meet the age requirement, so just like last year, we'll probably invite a couple of free agents. Austin Lotz was half decent last season. Maybe we could invite Ken Appleby? :D And of course, some of our 2015 class will be there.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Place will be packed, but not likely for the 'Nucks prospects as much as for the first training camp glimpses of Connor McDavid....will guarantee a big media turnout as well.:amazed:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
If nothing more than for his last name. :naughty:

I agree it's a great name.

Pretty good goaltender too. Would love to see him in the canucks camp. But I think he'll either get drafted or we'll have some competition on getting him to our camp.

Maybe Cassels can lure him to Vancouver :naughty:

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I agree it's a great name.

Pretty good goaltender too. Would love to see him in the canucks camp. But I think he'll either get drafted or we'll have some competition on getting him to our camp.

Maybe Cassels can lure him to Vancouver :naughty:

Ya, Appleby is still eligible for the draft (by 1 month). He still needs to opt in though, which needs to happen within 7 days after his season ends, the Canucks could still sign him before he opts in for the draft.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Place will be packed, but not likely for the 'Nucks prospects as much as for the first training camp glimpses of Connor McDavid....will guarantee a big media turnout as well.:amazed:

Would Edmonton bother playing him in such a tournament? I would think with him all but guaranteed a roster spot they'll be more concerned about him being healthy and ready for the preseason/season

metric

May 6, 2010
I'm going up this year for the first time. Any tips/recommendations for where to stay, etc?

HowDoIHockey

Supreme Mugwump
Jul 12, 2015
Victoria
Would Edmonton bother playing him in such a tournament? I would think with him all but guaranteed a roster spot they'll be more concerned about him being healthy and ready for the preseason/season

What do you think the chances are of McDavid being there? I don't know how the rosters for this get picked.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
3rd year going with my two closest friends, excited as always, though this year, we actually have a number of good prospects to watch! I remember the person who stood out to me most last one was Subban, I've been on his bandwagon ever since :p

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Here was last year's roster:

http://canucks.nhl.com/v2/ext/14.15 Season/Press_Release/2014_Penticton_Tournament_Roster.pdf

Given that Jensen and Corrado were on the team after 1 AHL season (and guys like Blain, Blomstrand, and Humphries played in the ECHL or KHL), I could see Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Valk, and Fox playing. Methinks Jensen, Corrado, Grenier, Cannata, Tryamkin, Kenins, and Clendenning are too old.

Also, Demko won't go because it would invalidate his college eligibility.

So wild guess...

Shinkaruk - McCann - Fox
Virtanen - Cassels - Valk
Stewart - Pettit - Zalewski
???? - ???? - ????

Hutton - Subban
Cederholm - McEneny
Sautner - ????

????
????

^ We have no goalies that would meet the age requirement, so just like last year, we'll probably invite a couple of free agents. Austin Lotz was half decent last season. Maybe we could invite Ken Appleby? :D And of course, some of our 2015 class will be there.

My only serious question is why Gaunce is not in your lineup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad