2015 World Championships (5/1-5/17)

KlichkoBro*

Slovakia is playing Belarus right now.

Unless you're following the game or have already seen their roster, you'll never guess who's in goal for Belarus...

lalande.jpg

He probably is the best goalie at the WC so far. Belarus is missing 5 best defensemen and still managed to get 4 points in 2 games.

And this guy doesn't play for Belarus cause he's got wedding in Finland:
getty_gplatt.jpg

If you wanna see a really bad D just wait till US and Russia play Belarus.

Last edited by a moderator:

KlichkoBro*

Richards used 3 defensemen on the power-play when Krug scored from Jones and Faulk.

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
Look at Richards the innovator

too bad we dont have defensemen like that to see him use it in a regular season game lol

KlichkoBro*

Bring Lalande back to back up Bob next season.
Didn't like Rielly at all, he's a train wreck defensively and makes too many bad decisions offensively.

A bunch of kids were on the ice
Sounds like a sore grapes. I think you didn't call Americans like that after they beat Russia with Malkin and Bob on their team. I haven't expected any kind of respect to the Belarus team though

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Bring Lalande back to back up Bob next season.
Didn't like Rielly at all, he's a train wreck defensively.

Sounds like a sore grapes. I think you didn't call Americans like that after they beat Russia with Malkin and Bob on their team.

Im Canadian...I dont care what happens either way with the Americans :laugh:. The Americans have way to many kids and Belarus straight up beat them.
My comment would be more of a jab at the Americans then Belarus

KlichkoBro*

Im Canadian...I dont care what happens either way with the Americans :laugh:. The Americans have way to many kids and Belarus straight up beat them.
My comment would be more of a jab at the Americans then Belarus

Yeah. But Belarus also had a pair of 20-years old defensemen. They're not even drafted, but looked better than Reilly, who is treated like a future superstar on these boards. It also looked like Lewis out-coached Richards badly. The game was even in the 1st, and then something happened.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Didn't like Rielly at all, he's a train wreck defensively and makes too many bad decisions offensively.

Same feeling about Reilly ( bad decisions + wrong positioning sometimes; probably good for NCAA, but not ready for NHL)

KlichkoBro*

And also I've got support to my opinion of Lalande:
"I know Sergei Bobrovsky very well. He is an excellent goaltender. But Kevin Lalande has played just as great! He's so talented and technical, his contribution to the Belarus win can not be overrated. The level of his game is comparable to Bobrovsky's". (c)Todd Richards.

Just sign him then, his contract with CSKA is expired.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
And also I've got support to my opinion of Lalande:
"I know Sergei Bobrovsky very well. He is an excellent goaltender. But Kevin Lalande has played just as great! He's so talented and technical, his contribution to the Belarus win can not be overrated. The level of his game is comparable to Bobrovsky's". (c)Todd Richards.

Just sign him then, his contract with CSKA is expired.

No thanks. Fond memories of the LaLa boys, and while his game might be NHL ready now, I'd rather develop Forsberg/Dansk/Korpisalo in the AHL and have Bobrovsky backed up by a guy whos been in the NHL. Can Lalande play in the NHL? Sure, but I would rather go somewhere more proven in the NHL.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Bjorkstrand just put a puck off Hellebucks dome on a one on one.

Also it got me thinking, I wonder if Murphy and Reilly are close at all? Murphy spent a good deal of time in his youth in Columbus(i played with him a little bit when I still lived in the 614) so I wonder if hes talked to Reilly about Columbus at all?

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Oliver kind of reminds me of Brett Hull with how he's floating high in the second period

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Wow Oliver is all over the ice right now. Just missed a golden opportunity, put it wide on a 2 on 1 all alone out front.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bjorkstrand just put a puck off Hellebucks dome on a one on one.

Also it got me thinking, I wonder if Murphy and Reilly are close at all? Murphy spent a good deal of time in his youth in Columbus(i played with him a little bit when I still lived in the 614) so I wonder if hes talked to Reilly about Columbus at all?

Reilly is good friends with Boone Jenner and Ryan Murray, I'm sure he knows plenty about Columbus.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Reilly is good friends with Boone Jenner and Ryan Murray, I'm sure he knows plenty about Columbus.

Im sure he does, but it doesnt hurt to have another guy around his age saying good things about the city.

Also Reilly is looking pretty good this game, hes pretty aggressive and makes some pretty passes.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Bjorkstrand denied on a breakaway, Bjorkstrand tried to go to the backhand but Hellebyuck stayed right with him.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
They have been all over Bjorkstrand to defend him. It's like watching Patty Kane's coverage last night against Minny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad