OT: 2015 Vancouver Whitecaps FC Thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
So what happens if each team both win one game a piece, added extra time and/or shootout at the end?

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
So what happens if each team both win one game a piece, added extra time and/or shootout at the end?

Depends on the scoreline as it's an aggregate score. If after two games the combined scores are level, I believe the MLS added the away goals rule so the team with more away goals advances.

If the score is level and the amount of away goals are level, it then goes to extra time and penalties if necessary.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I don't like how the Caps aren't maintaining possession. You want to take advantage of a tired group by making them run around defending, not allowing them to dictate the tempo of the game.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't like how the Caps aren't maintaining possession. You want to take advantage of a tired group by making them run around defending, not allowing them to dictate the tempo of the game.

More possession as of late but keep turning it over right away. Trying to force plays it seems.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
******** yellow on koffie...that was just a regular foul. he didn't take him down from behind or anything.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
^

True, but Koffie could have laid off there. Needless foul (but was not a yellow).

Good road half. Would be nice to get a goal in the second half, though.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I hate when players tell the refs to show a card, personally I'd be more likely to give the offending player his punishment then show a card to the player telling me how to do my job for dissent.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
40% possession for the caps that half. Unless we're tearing Portland apart on the counter-attack (we're not), gotta do better than that.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
sure will be nice if portland sits back and lets us dictate the game at bc place like we're doing for them today.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
...also completing a pass in the attacking third when not even under pressure would be pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad