Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v46)Reg Season Finale:@TB | Sun, Oct 4 | 3pm ET/12pm PT | Buehrle vs Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
You're right, my bad. I thought he played there for a couple innings a few seasons back. I was wrong. Thanks.

So Cola (shudder) could play OF.

Which is why I suggested Diaz over Kawasaki. He has experience in all 3 outfield positions and he's a pretty damn good infielder. He just can't hit for **** (he usually puts up a fight though), but for a guy coming off the bench you can live with his lack of a bat as long as he can field his position well and move runners over when needed, which he can.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I'd imagine Francis is pitching here because he may retire so they're letting him finish his career off with the lone Canadian team.

LaCarriere

You're right, my bad. I thought he played there for a couple innings a few seasons back. I was wrong. Thanks.

So Cola (shudder) could play OF.

No he won't, they'll have Pompey and probably Carrera.

Pompey / Smoak / Cola / Navarro / Carrera / Kawasaki

You can make an argument for Pennington over Kawasaki, but I think his sloppy defensive play lately may have cost him a spot to a guy who's been around Gibbons for a few years. It's a tossup anyway, because neither should be seeing any regular playing time.

I could also see them just going with 4 outfielders (Pompey) and 2 extra middle infielders given Tulo's situation, or taking an extra bat like Hauge and going with one extra outfielder and one extra middle infielder.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Texas using bottles of Ginger ale instead of champagne. I guess because of obvious reasons (Hamilton)

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I'd imagine Francis is pitching here because he may retire so they're letting him finish his career off with the lone Canadian team.

He is pitching because all the relievers who are regulars have had their work in the past 2 days and there is no reason to exhaust an arm even with the time off.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Kind of surprised Texas let Hamels go all 9 innings. He threw around 110 pitches. We'll see if he's back on for game 1 or if they just use him in game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad