Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v42) Next: vs TB| Sat, Sept 26| 1pm ET/10am PT| Archer vs Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Do they? I just did a quick search and all I found was Selig ordering the Astros to open their roof when they played in the WS. They had it closed throughout the rest of the postseason prior to that.

They were talking about it on the broadcast a few games ago. Now, maybe Buck and Tabler are out to lunch so I'm not 100% on this. But that's what they said on the broadcast.

mikebel111*

Donaldson is really killing his MVP chances with the way he has played in the last few weeks.

looks like the MVP chants were premature

and Dickey being horrible

looks like we might lose this game

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The second half of the season won't help when R.A gives up 5 runs in the 1st inning of a playoff game because he can't throw a strike. I'd much rather take my chances with Estrada/Stroman...

That literally makes no sense. You could make the same kind of statement about anyone. Sure David Price has been excellent for the Jays since his acquistion. But that excellence won't help him when he gets lit up in his first start and leaves after 4 innings with 6 runs on the board. Estrada's good season won't help him when he regresses to his career norms prior to this year and turns back into a pumpkin in time for the playoffs. Buehrle's career excellence won't help him when his broken down arm continues to suck and he gets shelled.

Nobody's past performance means anything if random specific other things happen to them in the playoffs. It's such a mean-nothing statement because of course anything can happen. But by that logic he could go out there and spin a no-hitter in his playoff start too. Because after all, anything can happen.

mikebel111*

Good one Shaner

leadoff triple goes to waste

whatever lets just chalk it up too one of those bad nights so far

Our MVP looks at a 3-1 pitch he could have easily hit than swings at a horrible pitch

he has been bad lately

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
RA is barely throwing any strikes at all. He's just getting lucky TB is swinging at balls...

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I'd then take Buehrle. Dickey has the highest ERA and WHIP of all the current starters.

Well, if you want to use ERA and WHIP...

R.A. Dickey: Second Half
-2.98 ERA
-1.07 WHIP

Mark Buehrle: Second Half
-4.36 ERA
-1.36 WHIP

In no way, shape, or form are these the best stats to use to judge a pitchers performance. But they are the ones used in the above post.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

-2.98 ERA
-1.07 WHIP

-4.36 ERA
-1.36 WHIP

In no way, shape, or form are these the best stats to use to judge a pitchers performance. But they are the ones used in the above post.

What's Hutchison's second half stats?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

-2.98 ERA
-1.07 WHIP

-4.36 ERA
-1.36 WHIP

wait a second. Dickey and Buehrle both had a negative ERA and WHIP in the 2nd half of the season? I don't think that was possible but that makes it official, both of them need to be in the playoff rotation starting games 1 and 2 :sarcasm:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
wait a second. Dickey and Buehrle both had a negative ERA and WHIP in the 2nd half of the season? I don't think that was possible but that makes it official, both of them need to be in the playoff rotation starting games 1 and 2 :sarcasm:

They're proving that they don't belong on the playoff roster #StartOsuna2015 :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00