Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v36) Next: @ NYY| Sat, Sept 12 Game 2| Right now | STROMAN vs Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
30 minutes is a standard wait for a rain delay? I was reading on Wikipedia that the ump has to try to finish the game, but considering it's the 2nd game of a double header, raining hard and already 8:30 what are the chances this game is over?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So how long can it be until a suspension is called?

they can call it now if they want to, all depends on the forecast which is apperently awful.

If we go until 1:11 AM ET until the game finishes then we set an MLB record for longest doubleheader including delays(game started at 1:05 PM right?)

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
30 minutes is a standard wait for a rain delay? I was reading on Wikipedia that the ump has to try to finish the game, but considering it's the 2nd game of a double header, raining hard and already 8:30 what are the chances this game is over?

I would imagine they can't restart the game past midnight.

The fact that there's a game tomorrow for 1pm might push that restart time back a couple hours, though.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
I would imagine they can't restart the game past midnight.

The fact that there's a game tomorrow for 1pm might push that restart time back a couple hours, though.

Just for clarification. Would this be a win for the jays or would they resume it when possible on another day?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

Personally, I'd put it at 80%. I'm pretty sure it's a big low pressure system moving into New York, which means lots of rain for the next couple days, not just tonight. Unless there's a miracle large clear spot in the clouds, I doubt they play again tonight. But watch me be wrong, now that I've said that. :laugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Tulo has a crack in his left shoulder blade...

What are you talking about.

EDIT: oh.

Ben Nicholson-Smith ‏@bnicholsonsmith 5m5 minutes ago
Tulowitzki diagnosed w/ upper back muscle bruises & small crack in L shoulder blade per #BlueJays. Will be monitored closely over next week

This is bad.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Radar seems to say it'll clear up around 9:30 and start raining again around 11.

Might just get the rest of the game in if so.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Is "will be monitored" one of those things they say to disguise the fact that the world is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad