Blue Jays GDT: 2015 v26) Next: @ LA Angels| Sun, Aug 23| 3:30PM ET/12:30PM PT | Dickey vs Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Tulo is a superstar who is making more contact
I see no reason too mess with a lineup that is playing so well
Tulo leadoff , and record is what 17-3. We play great with Tulo leading off. No need to mess with whats working

Don't you know, if the "worst hitter" wasn't hitting first the Jays would be 20-0 instead of 17-3 during that stretch? :laugh:

Well, probably 19-1, didn't matter who hit lead-off in that game against Tanaka.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
On what planet is Tulo the Jays worst hitter?

He is a genuine superstar in baseball. He's in a slump after being traded for the first time in his career.

Relax. He's going to start to hit. He's a great player.

Then put him 5th or 6th until he starts to hit. We're trying to win games here. The bottom of our lineup has hit so well then the lineup turns over where you'd think it would be better and it's an automatic out and the threat is over.

mikebel111*

It was a fine at bat. He worked the county full. Got a pitch to hit and drilled it. Unfortunately it was right at the third baseman.

That end sentence describes Tulo's time here so far
Lately he is working the count more. I like it

And Tulo ends the inning with a good throw

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Tribe take 3 of 4 from the Yanks. Where can I send my gift basket to the Indians? Somewhere around Joakim Noah's Cleveland vacation house?

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Too bad Revere is insanely gun shy and hasn't even stolen a single base as a Jay. Tulo's due to heat up.

Isn't it all about the signs? They don't exactly get free reign out there on the basepaths. The Manager gives the signal to have them steal. Not sure why Gibbons isn't taking advantage of Revere's speed. I don't even remember seeing them have a hit and run set up for him.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
So, if you allowed the batter to try for first base on a dropped third strike when the base is occupied, wouldn't that create a force play opportunity? So, in other words, if the bases were loaded, the catcher could just drop the third strike, pick up the ball and touch the plate and the runner on third would be out. Perhaps that is what they were trying to avoid.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Feels good man. The tribe took 3 of 4 at the NYY and Twinkies are looking to sweep a 4 game series at BAL.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Isn't it all about the signs? They don't exactly get free reign out there on the basepaths. The Manager gives the signal to have them steal. Not sure why Gibbons isn't taking advantage of Revere's speed. I don't even remember seeing them have a hit and run set up for him.

Most premier base stealers (Guys like Hamilton, Davis, Revere, Reyes) have a green light. Reyes had no problem stealing in front of the big bats and was very successful doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad