Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v18) Next: vs Min | Wed, Aug 5 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Duffey vs Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
not really, though some fans will blame one player as per Toronto typical. Drew struggles in 1st, okay in 2nd, and than got going, and than Colabello cant make a routine play and everything went down hill. Cant blame Drew here

sure you can

mikebel111*

Donaldson has more errors than any other 3rd baseman except 2....Tex has less errors than any other 1st baseman.
Texeira is one of the best defensive players over the last 10 years.
What don't you get.

3B will have more errors, Donaldson is still elite on D, and plays a much more demanding position

what don't you get

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
not really, though some fans will blame one player as per Toronto typical. Drew struggles in 1st, okay in 2nd, and than got going, and than Colabello cant make a routine play and everything went down hill. Cant blame Drew here

I am a Hutch fan but he had a terrible outing. No other way to put it.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Donaldson has more errors than any other 3rd baseman except 2....Tex has less errors than any other 1st baseman.
What don't you get.

Don't they send the guys who can't play 3rd or outfield to 1st?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
What don't you get.

Manny Machado is in the top 4 for most errors at 3B. IS he awful defensively also?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Would you be surprised if I told you Chris Carpenter won 10 games with the Jays carrying a 6.26 ERA?

yes I would be.

I wonder what the best winning percentage would be for an era over 6. Hutch is going to be 10-2 if we hold on :laugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What don't you get.

Donaldson has the 3rd best defensive WAR in the majors for 3rd basemen. What don't you get?

Errors are a terrible way to judge defense. An amazing defensive player with amazing range is going to have more chances to **** up. whereas a fat tub of lard 3rd baseman will get to half as many balls and all the other will be hits, so less errors but more baserunners.

example:

100 balls hit to Donaldson, he gets to 90 of them, makes 5 error. 85 outs, 15 baserunners

100 balls hit to Sandoval, he gets to 70 of them, makes 1 error, 69 outs, 31 baserunners.

I rest my case.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Doesn't even matter if Colabello botched his play or not, Hutch still didn't bare down like usual, and hands out runs.

I'm not disagreeing, but he should have been out of the inning. With a competent 1B, it's still a 9-3 game because he would have caught that ball from Donaldson. Instead, Donaldson gets hit with the E, and they put 4 on the board.

Defense is so important when your pitching is mediocre. Why can't Gibbons figure that out?

mikebel111*

I am a Hutch fan but he had a terrible outing. No other way to put it.

maybe after the routine play wasn't made. he looked okay after the 1st inning. Sure Drew should have made up for his teammates mistake, but people blaming that inning on Drew mostly isn't right

I would say more like 70% Colabello, 30% Drew

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
What don't you get.

Donaldson also makes more outs than all but 2 3B's. He gets to far more balls than your average 3B, so of course he'll have more errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad