Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v15) Next: vs KC | Fri, July 31 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Cueto vs Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
this guy has nasty movement on his pitches

buck and pat make it sound like he's got nothing and is just getting people out by being a crafty veteran

Well, Cueto is a bit of a different pitcher. He'll do his Japanese pause one pitch, and a slidestep the next. It's really strange and interesting to watch. He's deceptive and I have no clue how you can be consistent when you're constantly messing with your timing. That said, obviously the guy has god stuff.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
not sure you can say if his foot was on the base when it initially came back down. Feels like he'll be oput but I don't know

LaCarriere

I'm not talking about in between numbers for this season , I'm talking about who the real Hutchison would be, which means his 2.21 ERA at home would be higher and his road stats would be significantly lower. Hutchison would be a guy closer to 3.90-4.20 ERA type pitcher , bottom of the rotation reliable starter. I'm not saying he's elite or will be elite but the guy is 24 . Time to relax on the guy , he's got a lot of potential and he's shown how good he is.

How can you say he's closer to a 3.90-4.20 ERA pitcher when in his best season he posted a 4.48? He hasn't been anything close to a sub 4 ERA pitcher in his career.

91Kadri91*

you can talk about how you were advocating Ross, but the Padres did basically nothing. Preller is quoted as saying that he believes his team can contend with the playoffs. It's likely a laughable sentiment, but there's your reason that Ross or Cashner or Kimbrel or Upton, or whoever else wasn't dealt from the Padres.

That, and this:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What panic? Hutch has struggled all season and in the last month has a .925 OPS against, his BAPIP against is .356, 1.667 WHIP etc etc. He's been bad since the start of June really. Hutch was a concern well before we made all these deals.

then where was all the hand-wringing and fretting about it this morning? Where were the people decrying the moves that were made because they weren't another starter. The best we got was people saying "I'd still like to get another starter" but without any kind of urgency to suggest that the Jays were irrevocably crippled by a hole still on their roster. Instead there were people going on about how this team was going ot reel in the Yankees for the division lead or how deep the playoff run could go, etc. etc.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
yeah I figured, can't clearly see when his foot was back on the base because it scraped the side of it, not enough evidence

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Except every year he's pitched worse than his FIP.

I love advanced stats as much as the next guy, but after 3 years you gotta start looking at guys who deliver results.

Except plenty of pitchers haven't "figured it out" so to speak by 24/25 years of age. Many didn't even make it to the bigs at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad