Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v15) Next: vs KC | Fri, July 31 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Cueto vs Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You can say that's Doubront's fault and it somewhat is. But 2 runs in 5 innings isn't all that bad considering what we've got from our starters this year.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
1 of the runs should never have been on base though. 3 straight doubles gives you 2 runs.

Not necessarily. Howard could have gotten a hit anyway.

A foul ball was mistakenly ruled a hit. If the call was overturned Howard's at bat would have continued. He could have gotten on base anyway.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He gave up three runs in four innings.
My bad, I forgot he didn't record any outs.

Faulting him for the first run is absolute ******** though.

Against the Phillies.
So? We've lost to bad teams before. I guess Bautista hit into a double play to start the game against the Phillies... what a ****ing bum. :facepalm:

But are still horrible.
Aside from one really good win streak.. what have the Jays done? One really good win streak right now for the Phillies and they're not that far back of us. :laugh:

mikebel111*

They should be able to come back but if they cant, than they really might be hopeless

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not necessarily. Howard could have gotten a hit anyway.

A foul ball was mistakenly ruled a hit. If the call was overturned Howard's at bat would have continued. He could have gotten on base anyway.

sure but you can't just assume that he would. 65% of the time he gets out(or more, I haven't looked it up). And maybe if he's not on and Doubront isn't pissed off about a bad call and pitching out of the stretch he doesn't give up 3 doubles in a row. Or maybe if he's not on Doubront gives up 3 solo homeruns in a row. You don't know.

But we can only really go on what Doubront actually gave up legally, which was 3 doubles.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
sure but you can't just assume that he would. 65% of the time he gets out(or more, I haven't looked it up). And maybe if he's not on and Doubront isn't pissed off about a bad call and pitching out of the stretch he doesn't give up 3 doubles in a row. Or maybe if he's not on Doubront gives up 3 solo homeruns in a row. You don't know.

But we can only really go on what Doubront actually gave up legally, which was 3 doubles.

It's still on him regardless. (aswell as the umps including West). He needs to be mentally stronger at that moment. He just started throwing as hard as he could which left everything up in the zone. He was unraveling a bit towards the start of the game too and Martin had to tell him to calm down and just hit his spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia