2015 Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yes, thankfully your comical over reaction and ridiculously dramatic claim that you think he may not have a full pre-season game wasn't based on an intra-squad game. It was based on two intra-squad games and a rookie summer tournament.

Obviously you were taking these in live, because it would be just flat out absurd to make such a dramatic claim based on televised games, streams or hilight packs, of course.

:laugh:

You know that not playing preseason games is not exactly the announcement of the end of the world right? Who is overreacting and ridiculously dramatic here? :laugh: Did you misread my "shouldn't play a preaseason game" with "He's a bust and will never play in the NHL"? I'm sure you did 'cause you would NEVER accuse me of making dramatic claims if you would have read that carefully. You would have never be that melodramatic after accusing somebody else to be. Never. Just wondering since you are surely on the inside and knows exactly how it's going...how do teams decide who will be playing preseason games? How did the Habs decide to sent Bourque and Audette back in junior? The last 4 seasons? Did they decide based on the last 10 years of their hockey career? :laugh:

I'm so glad to learn though that whenever you have an opinion on something, you saw everything live. It reassures me to know that we can count on you to have the exact way of seeing things. I can't wait till you come back here and tell me how wrong I was since he will be playing some preseason games totally disregarding the points I made on the same post that you decide to just take 2 phrases out of it. Can't wait for that to happen. Though, I'm not sure I will be able to comment since I won't see it live....

Last edited:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
You know that not playing preseason games is not exactly the announcement of the end of the world right? Who is overreacting and ridiculously dramatic here? :laugh: Just wondering since you are surely on the inside and knows exactly how it's going...how do teams decide who will be playing preseason games? How did the Habs decide to sent Bourque and Audette back in junior? The last 4 seasons? Did they decide based on the last 10 years of their hockey career? :laugh:

I'm so glad to learn though that whenever you have an opinion on something, you saw everything live. It reassures me to know that we can count on you to have the exact way of seeing things.

Scherbak will probably get to play a game or two.

Does he deserve it based on his last 2 weeks? Absolutely not, not even close.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

That was my "melodramatic claim" point. :laugh: He doesn't deserve it. But he will get it for sure based on him being a 1st rounder and still a high-end prospect. Personnally....it's not even that big of a deal at this point even if he wouldn't. You send him a message that you are not satisfied with what you saw. He goes down and then....he goes back up next year and destroys it.

But hey...that's WAY too melodramatic....:laugh:

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto

He is also recovering from a knee injury, which might be part of the reason he's been less noticeable.

Either way, its his first pro year, should be developing in the AHL.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
...because it would be just flat out absurd to make such a dramatic claim based on televised games, streams or hilight packs, of course.

:laugh:

Why is that? Teams make assessments all the time based on watching film. That's why every team has a video coach.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It's hard to gauge scrimmages. Outside a handful of players, no one is really pushing the pace, especially the vets.

This is really true of a guy like McCarron, though he looked good in the scrimmages, his game will really shine when he will actually be able to throw his body around be a little more aggressive. The same happened last year in the scrimmages where he looked okay, but looked fantastic in pre-season where he didn't have to hold back.

The only thing that actually worried me was that Tinord still had difficulty at moving the puck in tight spaces, even in a slower paced scrimmage. I really hope he's improved that aspect of his game.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What the flux ! :laugh:

Conderint Eller is 207 and he's JACKED as is Patches and Kassian etc I find it would he impossible for DD who's about 8" shorter (if I'm being generous) to be the same weight with putting lead bars in his pants.

It's a typo.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
PK dropping 10 lbs and DSP dropping 6 lbs are quite significant as well

If this is true, DSP dropping 6 pounds is a joke. It that is all he did, it's pathetic.

I dropped fifty pounds at age 50 while quitting smoking at the same time. 225 to 175. 5 months. While working full time professionaly and raising my daughter.

The guy should drop 20. I really don't like what I'm seeing of him. He's fat. You cannot be fat and play in the NHL.

Ready to dump him in the bin, hope he proves me wrong. My most un-favorite player on Habs.

If he only dropped 6 this summer, that really pisses me off. Bye bye DSP.

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
if this is true, DSP dropping 6 pounds is a joke. It that is all he did, it's pathetic.

I dropped fifty pounds at age 50 while quitting smoking at the same time.

The guy should drop 20.

Depends. If he dropped 6 while gaining muscular mass, that would be great.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
MTL website update the Weight/Height.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/l_fr/roster.htm

Desharnais at 214 now!!!!!

-DLR is now 6.3/214 at 20 years old
-Galchenyuk at 207
-Petry-Beaulieu and Gilbert now all over 200 pounds.

Someone should photoshop DD's face on Lesukov

AlexeyLesukov+78.jpg

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
If this is true, DSP dropping 6 pounds is a joke. It that is all he did, it's pathetic.

I dropped fifty pounds at age 50 while quitting smoking at the same time. 225 to 175. 5 months. While working full time professionaly and raising my daughter.

The guy should drop 20. I really don't like what I'm seeing of him. He's fat. You cannot be fat and play in the NHL.

Ready to dump him in the bin, hope he proves me wrong. My most un-favorite player on Habs.

If he only dropped 6 this summer, that really pisses me off. Bye bye DSP.
Quite the overreaction. First, he might have lost tons of fat but gained muscle.

Second, he dropped 6 pounds compared to the BEGINNING of last year. Might have had added 20 before he got here.

Wait and see. I agree my expectations are quite low, but based on his junior days je could be a 2nd powerforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad