2015 Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

68*

Can't wait to see Eller, Subban and Pacioretty topless. De la Rose too. I bet he packed on a good amount of muscle.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Can't wait to see Eller, Subban and Pacioretty topless. De la Rose too. I bet he packed on a good amount of muscle.

I can't tell if you're serious, curious, slightly aroused or all of that at the same time there. That's sorta amazing , props to you :laugh:

68*

I can't tell if you're serious, curious, slightly aroused or all of that at the same time there. That's sorta amazing , props to you :laugh:

Just curious. It's always nice to see pics and hear about players adding muscle or losing fat. One guy to watch: Smith-Belly. If he shows up to camp in bad shape his NHL career is over but if he's in a good shape he could be one of the 2016 surprises.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He is developing an adult physique. Good to see. I hope this translate into better skating. If his skating and strength improves you will see 70+ points and a serious pay raise in 2 years.

68*

I love it. He has been doing a lot of leg work. If it improves his acceleration he could become the beast we knew he could be.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I love it. He has been doing a lot of leg work. If it improves his acceleration he could become the beast we knew he could be.

Fingers crossed. If he takes the next step and Semin and Kassian pan out, we'll be a really skilled and dangerous team.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Just curious. It's always nice to see pics and hear about players adding muscle or losing fat. One guy to watch: Smith-Belly. If he shows up to camp in bad shape his NHL career is over but if he's in a good shape he could be one of the 2016 surprises.

I share your thought about DSP. People are quick to write him off or making fun of him. The reality is that he's still young, and was highly regarded 18 months ago. The way he'll be prepared for the upcoming season is the key. If he arrives at camp ready and in shape, he could very well become an important part of this team and be part of the core for the next 5-7 years.

I doubt he will ever be a force to put up points on the board since his best moments were with Getzlaf and Perry (and Habs don't have that sort of talent), but he still could become a third line beast.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I share your thought about DSP. People are quick to write him off or making fun of him. The reality is that he's still young, and was highly regarded 18 months ago. The way he'll be prepared for the upcoming season is the key. If he arrives at camp ready and in shape, he could very well become an important part of this team and be part of the core for the next 5-7 years.

I doubt he will ever be a force to put up points on the board since his best moments were with Getzlaf and Perry (and Habs don't have that sort of talent), but he still could become a third line beast.

I see no gains in writing off DSP. I saw flashes of a good player. I thought he had his moments in the Ottawa Series. That goal was a beauty (and not tipped imo). If he's in good shape, I think he can be a factor.

Its crazy to think of the idea of Galchenyuk taking the next step, Gallagher still improving and Kassian, Semin, DSP and Holloway all panning out.

Its not even that far fetched. If even a few of those things happen we'll be in great shape. This season has question marks but it also has more potential than I've seen since really following the team

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
DSP has the potential to bring many elements that Byfuglien brought to the Hawks back when he was a full-time fwd.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was bored at work and started thinking about camp starting up in a few weeks.

The Habs have 61 players that are under contract or they hold their NHL rights. Most were born in North America,

Canada - 35
USA- 12
Russia- 4
Sweden- 3
Finland- 2
Czech/Slovak/Swiss/Denmark/France- 1

47 will likely be at the pro level (NHL, AHL, ECHL), 14 at the CHL (5- 2 WHL, 2 Q, 1 OHL), Euro (5- 3 SHL, 1 Czech, 1 FNL), NCAA (4- 2 HE, 1 NCHC, 1 WCHA) level.

The 35 players born in Canada, 13 from the West, 13 from Québec, 9 from Ontario.

From the 61, we have 5 goalies, 21 defensemen and 35 forwards.

getting quicker would be great to see, I also hope with improved confidence and strength he goes to the dirty areas with the puck more often. Crazy to think how good he might end up in his prime years as we know the talent is there.

So can DSP. His skating concerns are way, way overrated.

I'm more concerned with his foot speed, if he can get quicker it's only going to help him. Will be interesting to see what kind of season he has since he'll be playing for a contract.

Last edited:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
He looks slimmer in this July pic than I've seen before.
CKN6MmqWsAEpdhn.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad