2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
There's credit and there's hype,which is when it becomes more than just about the performance. Yeah it should and could be just ignored but it's hard and then you have to shut everything off. I don't listen to the radio and watch sportsnet like a lot of you guys do, I can only imagine.

Hey, to each their own but I don't mind it. Especially when a guy really deserves it. A goalie hasn't won the Hart since 2002 so that would be a special accomplishment if Price gets it this year.

Rememer the MacKinnon talk after the first two games in the playoffs last year? Canadian media was going nuts. He was getting the kind of hype that's usually reserved for Crosby. It's not all bad.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well the Price and Hammond thing are different I guess. I have no issues with Price getting the attention. There's a lot of people that don't like the Habs so I can see where it comes from. The Habs don't bother me but their world is soooo far removed from Denver. Hammond and Ottawa was fun for a lot of people but it clearly had to expire eventually. I can also see the Canadian media can be good and bad. That's cool MacK got hyped but he also got a bit too much backlash this year IMO.

Lord Moriarty007

Lets go Avs & Bolts!
May 1, 2013
Denver, CO/Orlando,FL
Woot Tampa won! Just hope they make it to the finals. I want to see a Stanley cup game live.

In all honesty I believe Chicago and the Ducks would have a better chance to win the cup this year.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Habs need to jettison those 4 (Markov, Parenteau, Desharnais, and Emelin) and Plekanec. Build around Subban, Price, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher. But IMO that is a bad core: a defenseman who can't play D and only one elite forward. They have painted themselves in a corner not only due to the bad contracts, but because the players they selected to build around are good players but not good enough.

I think that Price, Pacioretty and Gallagher are great pieces to build around. I like Subban as a player, but I don't believe he has it in him to be that do-it-all #1 defenseman and for $9 million, that's going to hamper them severely. Yes, he can put up numbers but I don't trust him one bit going up against the opposition's top line players.

I'm not a believer in Galchenyuk one bit. Honestly when I watch him, he's basically Nail Yakupov offensively with a far, far worse shot. I'm a big believer in Yak but it's because he has that cannon, and he also has proven that he'll play the physical game. Galchenyuk so far has disappeared and when he isn't doing anything offensively, he isn't doing anything at all. I think his ceiling is good 2nd line player, but I don't know if he'll reach that with the way he's played and the players surrounding him.

I don't think there's going to be a team that wants Markov or Parenteau. Desharnais I can see some teams having interest if they're desperate for forwards. Emelin would likely have to be swapped for a player with similar term and cap hit. But they have backed themselves into a corner drastically and have basically created a team that relies on their goaltending to win with only 1 game breaking forward.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Habs need to jettison those 4 (Markov, Parenteau, Desharnais, and Emelin) and Plekanec. Build around Subban, Price, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher. But IMO that is a bad core: a defenseman who can't play D and only one elite forward. They have painted themselves in a corner not only due to the bad contracts, but because the players they selected to build around are good players but not good enough.

I tend to agree aside from the bad core. Building a team around Price, Subban and Pacioretty is a damn good start. Desharnais and Emelin in particular are adding absolutely nothing to that roster.

Montreal needs a Ryan Getzlaf. Desharnais and Plekanec at center will never ever cut it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I tend to agree aside from the bad core. Building a team around Price, Subban and Pacioretty is a damn good start. Desharnais and Emelin in particular are adding absolutely nothing to that roster.

Montreal needs a Ryan Getzlaf. Desharnais and Plekanec at center will never ever cut it.

Plekanec is a fantastic 2C, but he's been miscast as the 1C in Montreal and they've never done anything to really fix their centre problems, arguably since Saku Koivu was in his prime.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I believe their hope was Galchy would develop into their #1C... not in a Getzlaf mold but more of a center version of Hossa. Obviously that hasn't happened to this point. Some of that is coaching, and some of that is on Galchy. From here they need to target a #1 or force Galchy into that role to see if he can develop into it (totally against the grain for a Therrien team).

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I wonder what Joel Ward will make next year. It seems most teams could use a Joel Ward and he's been very good in the playoffs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Some team is going to give Mike Green a contract in free agency that they'll be trying to get out of before the end of next season.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
You guys ever think about how easy it would have been to beat the Wild last year if we had Johnny Malkin in the lineup?

Oh what could have been.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
You guys ever think about how easy it would have been to beat the Wild last year if we had Johnny Malkin in the lineup?

Oh what could have been.

And if the Cookie incident hadn't happened. But yeah I've been thinking about it all the time watching the playoffs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad