OT: 2015 Redskins Part VII: Driving the NFC LEast Clowncar Into the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
What happened to this site?

Anyway, a lot of luck involved, but also some nice play by the Skins. Win is a win and on the road no less.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

After today, and what he has done all season, I can't really argue with Jackson. Reed needs to be paid. He is a difference maker. Now if only he could develop into an average run blocker...

And this site is all screwed up. Log in issues.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
In other news Dalton is out for a while with a broken thumb on his throwing hand and SEA lost their RB Rawls to a broken ankle.

And Cassell just threw an INT in the endzone. :handclap:

Sep 19, 2008
There's a lot to be impressed by the win today, especially their road mettle, setting the pace early with a 14-0 lead, showing some elements of that fire and determination to be more than just a mediocre team. They showed a lot of heart out there today. I'm proud of the way they played.

They came out early swinging determined to make the Dallas stunner history. They scored first and had a 14-0 lead early which is great. I'm a bit concerned about what happened afterwards. They let the Bears back in it. And in a span of 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter, it all turned to ****. They could have easily given up. They could have easily laid it in and said "I don't give a ****." The whole momentum of the game had changed.

But these boys out there had heart and the DESIRE to win out there today. A little luck didn't hurt. Literally screamed when Reed bobbled it and Jones caught it. That play normally happens AGAINST the Redskins. Not for them. So things evened out. After Jeffrey catches that ball for a huge 51 yard gain you think "How are they going to blow this one?" They didn't. Strong defensive stand forces a field goal which Gould misses.

They never gave up today when they could have. The only concern is that they can't string wins together. But that's not a worry for today. As of today, they've got a bit of cushion in the NFC East.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Site issues were probably not just HF but all Crave sites if it was anything like the one last week. Haven't heard official word. Whatever. Life goes on.

Great win. Another confidence booster for the team and KC, who was obviously happy about winning on the road in the postgame field interview.

Team has exceeded my preseason expectations record-wise.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
assuming i understand this completely, if giants lose on monday night, the redskins game next week is kinda pointless.

skins win and eagles lose to cardinals means nothing if eagles beat skins following week (eagles take division lead)

skins lose and eagles win means nothing if skins beat eagles following week (skins would permanently own tiebreaker)

of course winning helps keep momentum going etc etc

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
There's a lot to be impressed by the win today, especially their road mettle, setting the pace early with a 14-0 lead, showing some elements of that fire and determination to be more than just a mediocre team. They showed a lot of heart out there today. I'm proud of the way they played.

They came out early swinging determined to make the Dallas stunner history. They scored first and had a 14-0 lead early which is great. I'm a bit concerned about what happened afterwards. They let the Bears back in it. And in a span of 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter, it all turned to ****. They could have easily given up. They could have easily laid it in and said "I don't give a ****." The whole momentum of the game had changed.

But these boys out there had heart and the DESIRE to win out there today. A little luck didn't hurt. Literally screamed when Reed bobbled it and Jones caught it. That play normally happens AGAINST the Redskins. Not for them. So things evened out. After Jeffrey catches that ball for a huge 51 yard gain you think "How are they going to blow this one?" They didn't. Strong defensive stand forces a field goal which Gould misses.

They never gave up today when they could have. The only concern is that they can't string wins together. But that's not a worry for today. As of today, they've got a bit of cushion in the NFC East.

How so? Eagles won. Eagles have 2 home games (granted, one is against the Cards), while Skins have 1 home game left.

I dont see any cushion at all. Its looking like it will most likely all come down to 12/26 in Philly. Lose that game, NFC East is probably gone (though the Eagles then go to NYG the next weekend, when we go to Dallas).

Giants can easily beat the Fins. Not saying they will, but they can. Cowboys are probably toast as they are losing to Pack...and 4-9 is probably out. I see either Phil, Wash, or Giants (or all) getting to at least 7 wins, maybe 8.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
assuming i understand this completely, if giants lose on monday night, the redskins game next week is kinda pointless.

skins win and eagles lose to cardinals means nothing if eagles beat skins following week (eagles take division lead)

skins lose and eagles win means nothing if skins beat eagles following week (skins would permanently own tiebreaker)

Not meaningless at all. If the Skins lose to the Eagles but go 2-1 so long as the Eagles go 1-2.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Better lucky than good. Getting a ton of breaks and bounces. Nice to be on the good end of those for a change.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

It matters.

Giants lose, then (assuming Packers beat Dal):
Wash 6-7
Phil 6-7
NYG 5-8
Dal 4-9 (and lets say they are out)

Skins win, Eagles lose?
Wash 7-7
Phil 6-8
NYG 5-9 (vs CAR)

So even if Skins lose to Eagles, then the tie is bacl. Giants host Eagles last game of season, so if Skins can beat Dal, Giants beat Philly, Skins win at 8-8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Skins have 3 winnable games coming up. Win all 3 and the other scenarios mean nothing.

I will say I have been infected by this team. Going to my 3rd game this year next week. Most I have done in 1 season is 2. Should be a lot of fun.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Feel increasingly but very cautiously optimistic. Such a heartbreaker last Monday and a huuuge bounce back win. Can't believe the Eagles got these past 2 wins. Especially last week in NE.

HTTR

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Not brought up on here yet is one of the worst games I've seen out of Trent Williams in a long time. A number of really bad penalties and a sack given up.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Feel increasingly but very cautiously optimistic. Such a heartbreaker last Monday and a huuuge bounce back win. Can't believe the Eagles got these past 2 wins. Especially last week in NE.

HTTR

Sees username...

1qPm2oJFSuWOI4rtFx06_Confused%20Ice%20Cube.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Skins have 3 winnable games coming up. Win all 3 and the other scenarios mean nothing.

I will say I have been infected by this team. Going to my 3rd game this year next week. Most I have done in 1 season is 2. Should be a lot of fun.

You're silly. ;). I admire your passion, but this is destined to end bad. If we're lucky it'll at least end in the playoffs. There are so many glaring roster deficiencies. Any decent team should end them.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
You're silly. ;). I admire your passion, but this is destined to end bad. If we're lucky it'll at least end in the playoffs. There are so many glaring roster deficiencies. Any decent team should end them.

Oh, I don't think anyone believes we'll be anything but destroyed in the playoffs. I just hope we lose to Minnesota and not that ******* Wilson.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Winning the division gets a home game wildcard weekend (they're not going to be top 2 seeds and earn a bye). So one win in the playoffs is not out of the question.

Playoffs?? PLAYOFFS??!

Let's get there first.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

I was just referring to possible playoff scenarios only. The one that only works, IMO, is the Skins win their 3 remaining games.

Will they win the last 3 games? All three are winnable, but far from a guarantee. Best I can see is the Skins winning 2 of 3 with the prospect of them going 0-3 a real possibility as well.

As for the playoffs if the Skins win the division (big if), anything can happen (and has), but lets be reality. If the Skins win the division they won't make it past the 1st game.

Regardless, would be one hell of a run from a team none of us expected to be in this position with 3 games left in the season. I am just happy the Skins are playing meaningful games in December again. It doesn't happen often.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I actually think we could beat Minnesota. They're a one trick pony and they get exposed when they play competitive teams.

Skins need to make the playoffs first, but a home playoff game against the Vikings would be a nice blast from the past. I remember a number playoff games against MIN. The one that made Gibbs do this most importantly:

e6d4j6.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I was just referring to possible playoff scenarios only. The one that only works, IMO, is the Skins win their 3 remaining games.

Will they win the last 3 games? All three are winnable, but far from a guarantee. Best I can see is the Skins winning 2 of 3 with the prospect of them going 0-3 a real possibility as well.

As for the playoffs if the Skins win the division (big if), anything can happen (and has), but lets be reality. If the Skins win the division they won't make it past the 1st game.

Regardless, would be one hell of a run from a team none of us expected to be in this position with 3 games left in the season. I am just happy the Skins are playing meaningful games in December again. It doesn't happen often.

No doubt, being excited to watch a game late in the season is better than not. It just feels like Fools Gold to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad