henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
here are the 2004 NOMINEES
Trent Hunter, New York Islanders
Andrew Raycroft, Boston Bruins
Michael Ryder, Montreal Canadiens

that was a bad year

Bad year or not Raycroft had a 2.05 GAA and a .926 sv percentage while looking great in the playoffs. Far, far more than Picks has accomplished so far.

hischon havent proven that he can play in NHL. he was given the chanse but didnt take it. you can say that 16 games is a small sample for pickard but he was our starter then and put upp great numbers.

But Picks has had some issues in the AHL... this past season was the first where he looked like he has a grasp on the starting job in the AHL. And even then, there was some inconsistency in his game. Don't get me wrong, I think Picks is a solid prospect, but his 16 games isn't indicative of the level of prospect that he is. There is a much larger body of work out there on him and it all needs to be taken into account.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Bigras of course, same deal as before if we get 100 votes I'll put the new poll up.

I'd add Wood here too.

100 votes?

Man, Bigras is stomping the rest of the candidates though...some of these should be called a bit early if it's completely been run-away with.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Looking at the the names people want to add, it is cleared to me that we should have more than six names to choose from after this poll. Prospects are a lot closer to each others after Bigras and could go numerous ways.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
hischon havent proven that he can play in NHL. he was given the chanse but didnt take it. you can say that 16 games is a small sample for pickard but he was our starter then and put upp great numbers.

You're kind of ignoring the whole point of people bringing up his sample size. Yes he looked great during that time, but that wasn't even close to enough time to prove he's an NHL starter. So him looking great during it is a lot better than if he had struggled, but it's not proof of anything yet.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

There's been plenty of goalies that get called up, have a great run, and then when they get thrown into a full seasons of work they show their flaws (Scrivens, Reimer, Enroth, Lindback, etc).

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Picks.

Add Hishon. Just cuz he's not as young and sexy as he once was, doesn't mean he's still not much closer to NHL ready than many of our other prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad