1|N/A|N/A| Mikko Rantanen|RW|TPS|10 overall 2015|106 votes, 93.40%|
[/table]

Added Nicolas Meloche​

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I still feel like there's too few options, sure these first two picks are obvious so it doesn't matter, but any of Mironov, Compher, Wood or Greer could be added to the next poll or two and start getting votes.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I still feel like there's too few options, sure these first two picks are obvious so it doesn't matter, but any of Mironov, Compher, Wood or Greer could be added to the next poll or two and start getting votes.

Because it forces a choice and it also makes getting names on the poll more interesting. Those guys you mentioned wouldn't win poll 3 and then its just easier to camp out over favorites. I do see we have many more "middle tier" guys now though. We'll see how it goes, I can add more than one if its close.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
IMO.. adding two to the list here wouldn't be too much, but #3 and #4 are pretty clear so it isn't a big deal to me. After that... we will have ~7 prospects fighting for the 5th spot.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Because it forces a choice and it also makes getting names on the poll more interesting. Those guys you mentioned wouldn't win poll 3 and then its just easier to camp out over favorites. I do see we have many more "middle tier" guys now though. We'll see how it goes, I can add more than one if its close.

Picks is probably going to run away with #3 (though i won't be voting for him over Bleackley), but Mironov or Wood could certainly win poll #4 if people vote for a dman instead of Bleacks. If this is just me who feels this way then that makes sense, happens often enough lol.

But I'm curious if others feel we should have more than 6 voting options once we get past Rantanen/Bigras/Bleackley/Pickard as well. Cause I'd be really tempted to vote Compher over Siemens/Mironov/Geertsen/Wood/Meloche, just as an example...I'm really falling for JTC...

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
IMO.. adding two to the list here wouldn't be too much, but #3 and #4 are pretty clear so it isn't a big deal to me. After that... we will have ~7 prospects fighting for the 5th spot.

IMHO it gets a bit trickier after the top 2, Pickard showed some really good things in the NHL, Bleackley is good as well, Meloche is interesting, Siemens, Compher, Mironov etc

There's a lot of good options to pick from

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
IMHO it gets a bit trickier after the top 2, Pickard showed some really good things in the NHL, Bleackley is good as well, Meloche is interesting, Siemens, Compher, Mironov etc

There's a lot of good options to pick from

I think Meloche and Bleackley stand out from the pack pretty clearly. Meloche has legit top pairing upside, and his floor is pretty high as well. At the same points in their development, I would say Meloche pretty easily tops Bigras... it is just that Bigras has developed better than most anticipated. Bleackley is a former 1st round pick that had a solid +1 season and should make some noise this winter. If he plays 60 games in Red Deer... I'm expecting 35+g.

Pickard will probably win some votes, but he has been pretty inconsistent (normal for a young goalie) and there are some upside questions. If you don't think he is a starting goalie sort of prospect... then what do you value more? Say a 3rd line winger, #5D, or backup goalie?

Beyond Meloche and Bleacks... I see a real debate on Picks, Siemens, Geertsen, Compher, Greer, Wood, Martin, Mironov, and Beaudin.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
One player have actually done something in NHL in the hardest position.

And Andrew Raycroft once won a Calder Trophy... 16 games is way too small of a sample size to say he is capable of being a good NHL goalie.

TBF I rank Picks pretty high (5th is where I peg him), but using his time in the NHL without taking into consideration his inconsistency at other levels seems off to me.

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
And Andrew Raycroft once won a Calder Trophy... 16 games is way too small of a sample size to say he is capable of being a good NHL goalie.

TBF I rank Picks pretty high (5th is where I peg him), but using his time in the NHL without taking into consideration his inconsistency at other levels seems off to me.

here are the 2004 NOMINEES
Trent Hunter, New York Islanders
Andrew Raycroft, Boston Bruins
Michael Ryder, Montreal Canadiens

that was a bad year

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
So should Hishon be above everybody else on the list?

hischon havent proven that he can play in NHL. he was given the chanse but didnt take it. you can say that 16 games is a small sample for pickard but he was our starter then and put upp great numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad