NCAA GDT: 2015 Playoff Semi-Final | (3) Michigan State vs (2) Alabama | Cotton Bowl

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Sometimes I forget Saban coached at Michigan State.

We like to forget that too, he only had one good season. Guy couldn't get it done in the B1G, needs a place that recruits itself because he doesn't develop talent nearly as good as people think. Why he was a bad pro coach and why he struggled when he didn't have the pick of the litter in terms of players.

member 51464

The only reason I do is because of a hilarious story involving Dimitrius Underwood and the Vikings at the draft. He had Josh McDaniels as a graduate assistant

Well, tell us what happened!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well, tell us what happened!

Underwood is one of the all-time draft burnouts. When asked, Saban implored everyone not to draft him because he was mentally unstable (likely the real reason he didn't play his senior year). However, he was a workout monster, and sometimes that's all you really need to be an NFL player, so the Vikings took him in the 1st round. He then walked out of practice on the second day, because he thought he wanted to serve his faith, came back with the Dolphins, wrote notes about the apocalypse or something during team meetings, got hurt/waived, diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Twice he decided to run into oncoming traffic. I think his mother said he joined a cult somewhere in there. This is like all within a few months.

Think he resurfaced with the Cowboys before becoming unhinged again.

electriccanuck*

NYE games are so, so stupid. They need to ditch it. The first one today was great, but I'm about to head out and won't watch the rest of this one. And I'm on west coast time. I imagine there are a ton of people not watching this only because of the date.

Shame, too, because there's some great defense being played on that field.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The whole world knew Cook was going with the same throw.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not something you see Conner Cook do often... Like really has not happened since he first took over as a starter, hope he can shake that off. Would be big if Hicks comes out of the lockerroom and plays again.

Going to need to make it 5 straight bowl games coming from 10 points or more down. Tall order.

Worth noting with as awful as Geiger has been since his phenomenal freshman year, I think he would have bricked the field goal, still stunned he actually hit the one in Columbus.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm not saying they weren't penalties but it seems like the refs get in a mode of calling specific penalties (hands to the face) and then stop after a drive or two.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Yeah, the penalty calls were laughable because they won't call them consistently.

Not that it matters, the Spartans downfield coverage isn't consistent enough and their offense is getting completely shut down. The game was over whether Alabama put up 3 or 7 on that opening drive.

member 51464

Unlikely to make a difference in the end, but how is that intentional grounding missed? Like they said, the ball went to the LEFT of the guy standing at the line of scrimmage, lol.

I guess this shouldn't be a surprise since State could hardly get anything done against Iowa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad