NCAA GDT: 2015 Playoff Semi-Final | (3) Michigan State vs (2) Alabama | Cotton Bowl

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
What other teams were they supposed to pick?

Instead of just choosing the power conferences, open it up to everyone. Take a Houston team who just wiped fsu off the field and had a great offensive season with only 1 loss and the American Conference champs

Id think Houston would have put up a better showing.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
You can see how great of a coach Saban is. This is probably his 2nd least talented team while at Bama. Florida with no quarterback was competitive. He wins another National Title he will surpass Bear Bryant imo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Instead of just choosing the power conferences, open it up to everyone. Take a Houston team who just wiped fsu off the field and had a great offensive season with only 1 loss and the American Conference champs

It is open to everyone

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Michigan State and OU deserved their spots, they just faced better teams. The committee just picks the teams, they can't go in the future and see that the games are going to be blowouts and not include them. No one saw Clemson handling OU today, some people thought Bama would win by two scores but don't think anyone saw this big of a blowout.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Ye olde SOS. I agree they should have been higher

True but they had wins at Louisville, vanderbilt (not good but in sec) navy, temple, Memphis who were all ranked this year

I know its beside the point and yes mid majors should win their games but why is it so bad to give them a chance? Why cant we have a 8 team playoff so they can add Stanford, houston, the mac champ and someone else?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When's the last time Michigan State was shut out?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Hindsight is 20/20. Realistically a mid-major will need to go undefeated to have a chance at the playoffs. Houston blew that.

This is where I'm at with the current situation of 4 teams. No complaining if you don't go undefeated. If it expands to 8, more and more whining will happen which I felt was the purpose of going to 4 in the first place. Well that and $$$

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
The most terrifying fact about Alabama Football is not that it is hostile, but rather that it is indifferent; you are so far beneath it, that it doesn't even notice or care about you. But if you can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of losing to them, your existence as a different program can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, you must supply your own light.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That interception before half time killed Sparty. If they punch it in there it would've been a different game. Props to Bama.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Houston struggled moving the ball on Florida State for a good portion of the game. Alabama would have bottled them up.

Brodie

the dream of the 90s is alive in Detroit
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Michigan State has mid major talent and a mid major fan base, so that should be some consolation

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Michigan State has mid major talent and a mid major fan base, so that should be some consolation

Michigan's fanbase is living in WW2. You guys got that going for ya, "whoa he has trouble with the snap!"

Funny how that mid major talent beat your messiah this year, starting true freshman in the secondary.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Pretty sure they have a top 10 recruiting class coming in.

Don't mind the Michigan fans, they have to tell themselves they are back somehow.

I mean they're what 2-20 in their last 22 against MSU and OSU?

Although, it's weird because Michigan fans will tell you MSU isn't a rival.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->