2015 Playoff Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otterly Disappoint

Jan 9, 2013
Your goalie has the worst regular season SV% out of any starter that made the playoffs this season. It was common knowledge that there were disappointed fans at the deadline when your GM didn't get an upgrade in net for McDavid's last go at a championship.

I'm not gonna pile it on him. I have an opinion and we'll let the series determine whether I'm right or not.

But I will go out on a limb and guess that he sports a GAA above 4.00 in this series.

And look at where all the goalies are that people said Erie should have got :
Paterson 5.18 gaa
Hope 4.32 gaa
Graham 4.01 gaa

Devin is better the all three of them statistically. The top four have advanced to this point, so is he the best left probably not, but statistically he has had a huge turn around. He's allowed 3 less goals then Appleby (yes one less game) but also played more talent in sarnia/London then Peterborough/niagara.

This series does not necessarily ride on how far mcdavid will take this team, but how well Williams will play in getting there. I'm confident in the kid. He's played pretty well against the Soo going back to last year and has played much better in the last two months.

I still thinks the Soo wins the series in 6/7(hopefully 6 so I see mcdavids last game in juniors) the injury to petite and the suspension to macdermid will become to much to work through for this team.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Oshawa in 6
SSM in 5

I'd love to go with Erie here but the Soo have been absolutely dominant the latter half of the season. Macdermid being out for Erie is a dagger. If Erie is going to win the series they'll need Williams to steal at least 1 game and he hasn't shown he's capable of that.

IMO, the winner of SSM vs. Erie takes the OHL Championship and the Memorial Cup.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Oshawa in 6
SSM in 5

I'd love to go with Erie here but the Soo have been absolutely dominant the latter half of the season. Macdermid being out for Erie is a dagger. If Erie is going to win the series they'll need Williams to steal at least 1 game and he hasn't shown he's capable of that.

IMO, the winner of SSM vs. Erie takes the OHL Championship and the Memorial Cup.

Is that because Erie and SSM will be fresher having cruised through teams that quit in January?
I think OSH, NB, & SSM can all win it. But if McDavid doesn't wear down, the rest of Erie's roster is good enough that betting against them would be foolish.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Is that because Erie and SSM will be fresher having cruised through teams that quit in January?
I think OSH, NB, & SSM can all win it. But if McDavid doesn't wear down, the rest of Erie's roster is good enough that betting against them would be foolish.

Well, I've already been proven wrong on my SSM in 5 prediction. I've been thoroughly impressed with Erie the past two games, particularly game 2 in SSM. Williams played great in game 2 and in game 3. Deangelo being out for the Soo has helped Erie. This series truly could go any way. The rowdy home ice crowd in Erie is a huge help to the Otters.

I don't mean to take Oshawa lightly, as they're an impressive team. North Bay is good too, certainly capable of an upset. Despite the 2-1 Erie lead I'm still hesitant to bet against the Soo. I'm thinking this series is headed for 7 games, but who knows at this point. If Erie does get past SSM I simply don't see them losing, especially having MacDermid and Petit back. The goaltending will need to be strong though.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Don't know what to think about this series. To be honest I didn't think Erie would get past SSM but they proved me wrong.

Oshawa is not as good offensively as SSM but they still have good depth and are terrific defensively.

The previous two meetings between these teams mean absolutely nothing at all.

Erie is rolling right now so I'll go Otters in six.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Well, this round was over quicker than I thought.

Didn't guess the games right on any of them, but got all winners right.
11/12 overall.

Oshawa in 6
Oshawa and North Bay have both looked good.

Erie in 7
McDavid will push his team to the win.
I think this series is the real finals. I don't think Oshawa stands a chance against either, the Otters or the Greyhounds.

1/2 on exact prediction. 2/2 on winners. 13/14 overall.

Otters beating the Greyhounds already proved they're the best. Oshawa is a weaker team and so is North Bay, so it wouldn't have mattered. McDavid and the Otters are just too good.

Erie in 5

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
1/2 on exact prediction. 2/2 on winners. 13/14 overall.

Otters beating the Greyhounds already proved they're the best. Oshawa is a weaker team and so is North Bay, so it wouldn't have mattered. McDavid and the Otters are just too good.

Erie in 5

The Gens W pct vs the west was pretty good. The teams that posed the most troubles for them were Kingston, NB, and Niagara.
Still, Erie in six because McDavid looks unstoppable.
On second thought, Oshawa wears down a younger Erie team and wins in seven.

Last edited:

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Oshawa in 6. I think North Bay would have taken out Erie in 6 or 7 as well. Size and defense wins games in the playoffs. Oshawa has just as much offense as the Soo, but defend much better.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oshawa in 6. I think North Bay would have taken out Erie in 6 or 7 as well. Size and defense wins games in the playoffs. Oshawa has just as much offense as the Soo, but defend much better.

Normally I agree with you, but this is junior hockey. Guys like Nurse, McIvor and Brown generally wipe out most competition, but McDavid is on another level. He alone can win them hockey games.

Unless Oshawa magically avoids the penalty box all series, I think Erie takes this series.

Although I'm not suggesting that the Gens won't put up a fight. I'll say Erie in six.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I think that if Strome breaks out of his slump to add that secondary threat for Erie, Oshawa is in trouble.

My prediction: Erie in 6.

Otters will win games 1, 3, 4 and 6.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm going with Oshawa in 7; they're built for this kind of series. That said, wouldn't shock me if Erie wins in 6 just because McDavid did a number on the SSM team that nobody thought could be beat.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I dont have an in depth knowledge of Oshawa but i dont think they have a guy capable of handling McDavid. Nurse shut him down at evens, looking at his impact purely on PP add that to ES scoring....He'll put together a ridiculous performance. Erie in 5 id guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad