Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

Seems like a good fit for a team like Buffalo who have deep pockets. They could get Lehner on the cheap (3rd rounder?) and buy Greening out themselves.

Maybe this explains part of why they seemed so hot to get Hammond under contract? Attaching a bad contract to Lehner is probably the only realistic way for the team to dump one of their gross contracts.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Seems like a good fit for a team like Buffalo who have deep pockets. They could get Lehner on the cheap (3rd rounder?) and buy Greening out themselves.

Maybe this explains part of why they seemed so hot to get Hammond under contract? Attaching a bad contract to Lehner is probably the only realistic way for the team to dump one of their gross contracts.

Makes me sick to think of losing lehner or anderson and only getting something like a third. Even with dumps

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
This would be a non issue for a cap. Now we are losing a valuable asset for nothing because of a management mistake. I'm actually so pissed off right now.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Say two teams, let's use Buffalo and Edmonton are both the front runners for Lehner by offering the 31st and the 152nd, and the 33rd and the 154th respectively.

Obviously both have their advantages as the Buffalo one would have higher picks, but Edmonton would be out of the conference. One of those teams could offer to take Greening (with the intention of buying him out instantly) to top the other package.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Im starting to get worried with Murray at the helm. Big time for the sens this off season.

Cant have another bad judgement like what happened when he thought Cowen and Wier were going to be an NHL caliber second pairing

Probably no reason to be concerned but i feel another meh deal coming. Murray might not even be able to get a fair one just like what happened with spezza

People are going to hate this but i'd feel more comfotrable with Steve Yzerman at the helm after watching the magic he pulled with St.Louis and Gagner

Even the way Marc Bervengen was able to dump bourque and moen was stunning. We shouldnt need to lose value in a trade to dump contracts

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This would be a non issue for a cap. Now we are losing a valuable asset for nothing because of a management mistake. I'm actually so pissed off right now.

Wait for the trade to actually happen before getting pissed off. Cart before the horse, man - we don't even know which goalie is being dealt, to what team, and what for.

The future hasn't been written yet.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Wait for the trade to actually happen before getting pissed off. Cart before the horse, man.

The future hasn't been written yet.

No matter what happens it could have always been better, don't know how you can keep a positive mindset knowing that.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No matter what happens it could have always been better, don't know how you can keep a positive mindset knowing that.

I'm on the wrong side of 30 and rapidly approaching 40, I have lots of experience in being dissappointed by life.

This doesn't even rank in the top 500 1000.

Hockey trades aren't this black and white, they are always shades of grey. I'm keeping an open mind.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Wow this is insane, why don't you just wait and see before acting like this? You sound like a pissed off pre-teen. Nobody knows what's going to happen, the next Alfie could be in the trade for all we know, so yes you can have a positive mindset.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Huh?

And what if packaging a Greening frees up money to sign a UFA we wouldn't normally have gotten?

Exactly my thinking as well.

We could also take more salary back in another trade too for either a top 6 forward or a top 4 defenseman.

I'd seriously consider moving Lehner to Buffalo IF we can throw in Greening for free. I wouldn't want anything less then one of their 2nd rounders though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad