Salary Cap: 2015 offseason roster-building thread I | Charts in post #1 | Cap projection: $71.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetStache

Jan 28, 2013
One thing thats been bugging me since the GMHR presser:

He said getting top 6 wingers was the top priority, and that it would likely have to be through trade. Who are his trade chips here?

Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Hornqvist, Maatta should be untouchable. Perron is worth more to us on the roster than he is as a trade chip. Dupuis is damaged goods and locker room glue, so from two fronts he should be safe. Sundqvist and Kapanen are part of the solution to getting younger and faster, so you have to think they're not moving.

I would certainly hope he's going to try to hold on to the 1st round pick. The prospect pool is going to get thin real quick here once we graduate some of these guys to the big club.

On D you could maybe afford to move out one of Pouliout, Dumoulin or Harrington, but ideally we need those guys to enter the lineup on cost controlled contracts to afford a competitive roster.

Kunitz and Spaling could be dealt, OK, but is there much value there? Bennett doesn't have much value. Sutter? Ok but you need to be able to replace him and I don't think Sundqvist should be just handed that. Maybe its a competition between him and Spaling?

Does one of our goalie prospects get moved? We could decide to tap Murray as the goalie of the future and send out Jarry, but unproven AHL goalies not named Jonathan Bernier or John Gibson don't have much value either.

So what can you get for Brandon Sutter, Scott Harrington and some dinged up spare parts?

Loui Eriksson?

penguins2946*

No, that's who people want to trade. Not the pieces it will actually take to land a very good top six winger with skill.

There's a huge difference between the pieces other GMs will want and who this board wouldn't mind seeing traded.

Idk, judging from how this organization seems to think, you'd imagine that BB would definitely be one of the guys that gets moved. They have already talked about how they messed up with his development and they never seemed to like him much before. I also don't think Bennett is a guy that people here want to move. I'm pretty confident he'll get moved. I said Sutter as the other one because JR has traded him before and he's one of the only guys with enough value to be a centerpiece for a top-6 winger. I could also easily see the organization keeping him. I'm pretty sure KK, Maatta and Pouliot won't be moved, and Dumoulin and Harrington don't have enough value to bring in a top-6 guy (unless we're adding a 1st and Bennett). Sutter just seems to make the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad