Salary Cap: 2015 offseason roster-building II | FA charts in Post #1 | Panarin is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
2013 was such a good draft year.We could have fixed our winger depth,If we had drafted Buch at 50,Duclair at 77,Bjork at 89.

Perron-Crosby-Horn
Buch-Malkin-Kap
Duclair-Sund-Bjork
Not bad at all.
But we drafted Jarry at 44,Guentzel at 77.:(

IronLore

May 3, 2015
Here's maybe a more realistic, yet marginally somewhat hopeful, lineup...

Tlusty/Frolik - Crosby - Hornqvist 17.95
Perron - Malkin - Yakupov 15.812
Kunitz - Sundqvist - Comeau 6.767
Spaling - Lapierre - Dupuis 7.15

Letang - Maatta 8.144
Pouliot - Cole 2.788
Lovejoy - Harrington 2.2
Scuderi 3.375

Fleury 5
Zatkoff .6

Sutter, Bennett, Dumoulin, pick for Yakupov or another cheap-ish top 6 winger. I chose Yak because he's been a rumor for a year now. Doubt it happens though. Trade doesn't really make sense for Edmonton.

$69.8 cap hit

If healthy they could probably make the playoffs.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Who do we figure is more available from Edmonton? Yakupov or Eberle? Eberle is the proven commodity but Yak has a bigger upside and I don't think Edmonton will move him when his trade value will probably never be lower.

If I were them I'd move Yakupov.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Why would EDM move Eberle or Yakupov? And why would they want Sutter, an oft-injured fourth liner, and an inexperienced d-man? That trade makes zero sense for EDM.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I do think Edmonton will move one of Yakupov or Ebs.
It's a must now imo with McJesus coming to town and still so many holes on thier back end.

But the problem i see with the trade proposals is the Oil and Chiarelli are gonna want real bonafide help. Not Sutter/Domoulin/picks etc.

They'd want Letang or Fleury. ie. probably won't happen.

I'd try and get our pick back @ 16th for a package.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Get some wings and we are still a playoff team with

Maatta-Letang
Pouliot-Lovejoy
Dumoulin-Cole
Chorney/Harrington

I'm still not against splitting Maatta and Letang and giving Harrington a chance with Letang either. If we actually improve the wing situation, we can get by with rookie struggles on D.

IF Letang and Maatta both play 82 games... then yeah probably. But that's a pretty big if.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
2013 was such a good draft year.We could have fixed our winger depth,If we had drafted Buch at 50,Duclair at 77,Bjork at 89.

Perron-Crosby-Horn
Buch-Malkin-Kap
Duclair-Sund-Bjork
Not bad at all.
But we drafted Jarry at 44,Guentzel at 77.:(
Jarry made sense at the time, but I was so mad when we drafted Guentzel instead of Bjorkstrand.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I do think Edmonton will move one of Yakupov or Ebs.
It's a must now imo with McJesus coming to town and still so many holes on thier back end.

Not really. All they need is 1 decent FA D signing. Ideally 2, but 1 would go a long ways. They're going to struggle anyway... so there's not a ton of harm in allowing Nurse, Marcinin and Klefbom to get icetime. I doubt there's any chance Eberle is moved, and little chance Yakupov is moved. If anything it'll be Draisailt that's moved for a young D.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Who do we figure is more available from Edmonton? Yakupov or Eberle? Eberle is the proven commodity but Yak has a bigger upside and I don't think Edmonton will move him when his trade value will probably never be lower.

Neither. Eberle has done well with RNH and Pouliot, and Yak doesn't have the value to make sense trading.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Not really. All they need is 1 decent FA D signing. Ideally 2, but 1 would go a long ways. They're going to struggle anyway... so there's not a ton of harm in allowing Nurse, Marcinin and Klefbom to get icetime. I doubt there's any chance Eberle is moved, and little chance Yakupov is moved. If anything it'll be Draisailt that's moved for a young D.

Fair point on Draisaitl but you forgot they need a goaltender as well. Lotta holes.

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
Jarry made sense at the time, but I was so mad when we drafted Guentzel instead of Bjorkstrand.

I like the Jarry pick. As far as forward prospects go, im used to the Penguins passing over a highly skilled prospect, only to draft a scrub, or a third/4th line grinder at best. Im numb to it at this point

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I like the Jarry pick. As far as forward prospects go, im used to the Penguins passing over a highly skilled prospect, only to draft a scrub, or a third/4th line grinder at best. Im numb to it at this point

Guentzel is a skilled prospect.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
BS. Everyone says that about everyone. It will not take a significant overpayment.

Actually consider the circumstances of the situation.

Sobotka requests a trade. Armstrong tells him that he won't even consider trading him. He threatens to go to the KHL. Armstrong wishes him luck and says the Blues will welcome him back when he returns, but we aren't bidding against the KHL.

Armstrong made his stance last summer, and his position has only got stronger since. Moving Sobotka, particularly for cheap, legitimises using the KHL as a bargaining chip in negotiations. With players like Jaškin and Barbashev in the system, that won't be happening.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Idiotic, they can't risk the Kunitz situation being a one off especially if they're not getting rid of Scuderi. Scuderi's a 6th/7th dmen getting paid like a 4/5, him getting a regular shift at the NHL level is him playing over his head.

I fully expect Scuderi to be moved for the reason you mentioned. With the youth we have on defense, Dumoulin, Harrington and even Chorney are ready to replace him and are paid a lot less.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt on Kunitz, if they are right about iron deficiency, there are ways to train differently and fix that issue. He had an off year, but I don't think anyone can say he didn't produce, 17 goals and 40 points for $3.85M is pretty fair value. We lack winger depth, what do we have to lose by giving him a chance to have a better season? We can still add another top 6 guy. Kunitz had a down year, but he's still fast, I know some people want him gone, I've been indecisive about it. If he can return to what he was in the previous 3 or 4 seasons, it would end up being a great move to keep him.

Nice to have Bombulie finally report on the big team.
And I doubt too that they will be bought-out.
Kunitz still has some value (and no NTC) and can be traded for a mid-late pick if necessary, but I don't see him going anywhere soon.
Scuderi as usual nobody wants him (at least on HFboards), but a retained salary may help some GM to take a look at him.

They really shouldn't be bought out. While both are older players, they only have 2 years left and both make under $4M. To me, buyouts are used on players who make $6M with 4 or 5 years left. 2 years at $3.35M and $3.85M per year respectively isn't impossible to move in trades.

They can move Scuderi, I believe in giving Kunitz another year, if he fails again, he will have 1 year left, easily movable IMO, if we decide to move him this summer, it still shouldn't be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad