• Anthony Cirelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
No, your posts are generally just uneducated, misinformed, or misguided. Probably because you're still in high school and are naive.

Statistically, I'd go Rantanen > Boeser > Aho. But Rantanen was playing alongside MacKinnon, so Boeser to me is on par with Rantanen at this stage as MacKinnon + Landeskog > Horvat + Baertschi.
Tho your first paragraph is uneducated, misinformed AND misguided, i quite agree with your second paragraph. Great minds think alike! :nod:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Tho your first paragraph is uneducated, misinformed AND misguided, i quite agree with your second paragraph. Great minds think alike! :nod:

This post is the equivalent of the "I know you are, but what am I?" comeback.

kGxdYtP.gif

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Rantanen is easily the most overrated player on this site
Avs fans : Mackinnon and Rantanen make each other better.

Other fans : Rantanen is a product of Mackinnon.

If we talk about overrated player this could easily go to Point as well since you already rank him above Tavares.

Reactions: Cotton

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Marner vs Rantanen will be an interesting one this season. I may be bias; but I think Marner is better. His second half and playoffs were just to dominant; and including his draft position (which does matter when we're talking about a relativley low amount of data) If Rantanen has a higher PPG then Marner next year; I will crown him the 5th best player in the draft; and happily admit he's better.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
lol wat. Not even close. I mean you overrate Point more than Avs fans overrate Rantanen. Especially considering most of HF craps on Rantanen as it is.
I don’t think I really overrate Point. He is a very good Es scorer and possession player and is one of the most well-rounded centers in the NHL. Rantanen is a guy who is not good defensively, shot high percentage, outproduced his ixGF by a ton, and produced a ton of secondary assists (pointing to a lucky season) in addition to having his underlying numbers tank when away from Nate.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Avs fans : Mackinnon and Rantanen make each other better.

Other fans : Rantanen is a product of Mackinnon.

If we talk about overrated player this could easily go to Point as well since you already rank him above Tavares.
I disagree. Most fans dont say this. Im a Canucks fan who feels indifferent to the Aves but IMO Rantanen is 5th in a redraft of 2015. Hes crazy CRAZY good

Reactions: Spilot23

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Id actually go Aho > Boeser > Rantanen at this point. Its extremely close though.

Rantanen is a 1996 birthday, so although he was drafted in the same year hes had an extra year of development. Aho and Boeser both lead their teams in scoring.

You would be dillusional if you think Rantanen puts up 84 points on Carolina or Vancouver.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Id actually go Aho > Boeser > Rantanen at this point. Its extremely close though.

Rantanen is a 1996 birthday, so although he was drafted in the same year hes had an extra year of development. Aho and Boeser both lead their teams in scoring.

You would be dillusional if you think Rantanen puts up 84 points on Carolina or Vancouver.
But is better ATP

Id go:

1 Mcdavid

2 Jeichel

3 Barzal
4 Provorov

5 Rantanen
6 Boeser
7 Werenski
8 Aho
9 Marner

10 Debrusk
11 Connor
12 Konecny

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don’t think I really overrate Point. He is a very good Es scorer and possession player and is one of the most well-rounded centers in the NHL. Rantanen is a guy who is not good defensively, shot high percentage, outproduced his ixGF by a ton, and produced a ton of secondary assists (pointing to a lucky season) in addition to having his underlying numbers tank when away from Nate.

I think on HFAvs there's a lot of us who criticized him this year for starting off the year kinda floaty and not very engaged and letting Mack do all the work. But around the 1/3 mark of the season Rants really took over and learned his role on his line. Also, I'm pretty sure everyones numbers would drop a lot when not playing with Mack, the chemistry they have is incredible and that was evident even during his rookie season where he scored 20 goals on a garbage team. This year he also only shot 1% higher than he did last season. So not exactly an anomaly.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I think on HFAvs there's a lot of us who criticized him this year for starting off the year kinda floaty and not very engaged and letting Mack do all the work. But around the 1/3 mark of the season Rants really took over and learned his role on his line. Also, I'm pretty sure everyones numbers would drop a lot when not playing with Mack, the chemistry they have is incredible and that was evident even during his rookie season where he scored 20 goals on a garbage team. This year he also only shot 1% higher than he did last season. So not exactly an anomaly.
Nah you aren’t getting it. He drops from a 50-53% possession guy to a 40-43% guy when away from Nate.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Nah you aren’t getting it. He drops from a 50-53% possession guy to a 40-43% guy when away from Nate.

That’s not a huge surprise. The Avs offensive depth is pretty bad, so I mean it’s not like he has someone to help him out on a consistent basis. And he won’t/shouldn’t ever play away from Mack because they’re that good together. I mean clearly two players can’t have incredibly good chemistry and play well. It’s always one player getting carried by the other.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
That’s not a huge surprise. The Avs offensive depth is pretty bad, so I mean it’s not like he has someone to help him out on a consistent basis. And he won’t/shouldn’t ever play away from Mack because they’re that good together. I mean clearly two players can’t have incredibly good chemistry and play well. It’s always one player getting carried by the other.
MacKinnon's SCF% drops by 5% without Rantanen. Thats somewhat reasonable. Rantanen's drops by 11% without MacKinnon. That is awful.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
MacKinnon's SCF% drops by 5% without Rantanen. Thats somewhat reasonable. Rantanen's drops by 11% without MacKinnon. That is awful.

Until we get another top 6 player outside of our 1st line I'm not gonna take you're fancy stats at full value. They don't always paint the right picture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad