Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony Cirelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
I really think Boeser should go here. Voted second best rookie in one the best rookie classes this league has had in a long time. He blew Rantanens rookie year numbers out of the water, so I wanna see what Boeser does with a full nhl sophomore season.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Aho add Nutivaara.

I was putting Rantanen higher at one point but if you look at his with / without Mackinnon, it's a steep drop-off in performance. It doesn't compare well at all to Aho who is the one driving the attack for his team, and producing very well given that constraint. Boeser is such a unique talent but further behind at this point. Aho is a clear #7 pick for me.

As far as adds, Nutivaara is miles ahead of Brandon Carlo, looking like he could be #2D quality in short order. He's also a couple years older (drafted overage), but one doesn't get the sense watching Brandon Carlo that there's some high-upside in the works. The expectation is that he'll be a more consistent #4. Nutivaara really is a brilliant player, I have him in a tier with Roslovic and Dermott around 16th or so in the round. Carlo, Cirelli, and Dunn are about 10 spots lower.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Watch Nutivaara's highlights and you quickly get a sense of the skill this guy has. I could see him potting 40+ points if he could get a little more ice time on the PP. Outstanding defensive metrics too.

(Excuse the music in the video, evidently it was made by someone in puberty).

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Between aho and rantanen for me. would've said aho before this last season but now it's tough

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
No chance in hell Marner is better than Werenski, Boeser, or Rantanen
True but they got a lotta fans on this site and they always vote their guy in no matter how silly it looks. Think Im starting to just accept it and it will always TAINT polls here a tad

Reactions: c4rdsh4rk

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
If a bad playoffs makes a bad player, the Sedins would have been written off in 2003, 2004, 2007 etc. Luckily, people with brains don't make statements like that :)
Are you suggesting Im a zombie for noting Matthews disappearance act??

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Are you suggesting Im a zombie for noting Matthews disappearance act??

No, your posts are generally just uneducated, misinformed, or misguided. Probably because you're still in high school and are naive.

Statistically, I'd go Rantanen > Boeser > Aho. But Rantanen was playing alongside MacKinnon, so Boeser to me is on par with Rantanen at this stage as MacKinnon + Landeskog > Horvat + Baertschi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad