• Pihlippe Myers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sami Niku

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007
samsonov, the next great russian goaltender. straight to a cup contender. holtby will move out of the way as soon as sammy is ready.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This is the fun part. I’ll go Dermott, shoutout to Beauvillier Nutivaara and Meier

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Strome and Chabot probably have the most "potential", but Beauvillier and Meier have proven more at the NHL level that they're the safer options. Tough pick between those 4.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Definitely Strome for me. He's completely dominated at every level except the NHL so far. He will figure it out sooner than later.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Strome and Chabot probably have the most "potential", but Beauvillier and Meier have proven more at the NHL level that they're the safer options. Tough pick between those 4.

Has Chabot been better than Dermott in any year since their last year together in the CHL? I don’t have the stats in front of me but I am genuinely curious.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Has Chabot been better than Dermott in any year since their last year together in the CHL? I don’t have the stats in front of me but I am genuinely curious.

Admittedly I didn't follow Chabot too closely in his first pro season in the AHL, but his last year in junior (and particularly at and after the WJC) he was trending to look like a legitimate stud #1D. The upside he showed at the WJC, where he was the best defenseman in the tournament, is more than Dermott's ever shown.

Whether that remains the same going forward, who knows. Defensemen, in particular, take crazy weird development paths and by age 25 some guy who didn't show any potential at 18 might end up being a Norris winner, while a guy who looked like the next Denis Potvin at 18 ends up being a career bottom pairing guy.

But at this point in time, I'd say Chabot's "high" looked higher than any level Dermott's played at, at the same relative development ages.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Admittedly I didn't follow Chabot too closely in his first pro season in the AHL, but his last year in junior (and particularly at and after the WJC) he was trending to look like a legitimate stud #1D. The upside he showed at the WJC, where he was the best defenseman in the tournament, is more than Dermott's ever shown.

Whether that remains the same going forward, who knows. Defensemen, in particular, take crazy weird development paths and by age 25 some guy who didn't show any potential at 18 might end up being a Norris winner, while a guy who looked like the next Denis Potvin at 18 ends up being a career bottom pairing guy.

But at this point in time, I'd say Chabot's "high" looked higher than any level Dermott's played at, at the same relative development ages.

That's interesting. Their numbers look pretty similar, but when I pull up their advanced stats, it's a different picture. I attribute some of this to differences in teams but I think they are very close players.

Dashboard 1.png

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Anyone
That's interesting. Their numbers look pretty similar, but when I pull up their advanced stats, it's a different picture. I attribute some of this to differences in teams but I think they are very close players.

View attachment 136361

Anyone who played on the 2017-2018 Ottawa Senators should have an asterisk beside their names. That is the most tire fire season I've ever seen. Everyone had down years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad