GDT: 2015 NHL Free Agent Frenzy | July 1st, 2015 | 12:00 PM EST (18:00 CET)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
barbs to MTL.

I wish him luck. But I hope he doesn't win a game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 3m3 minutes ago
Mark Barberio on signing with hometown #Habs: "Just so excited. When my agent told me they were interested.. I'm just really pumped."

...traitor.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Zettler and company saw what they had in Walcott and went and got an AHL defenseman in Taormina. Expecting a few more additions to Syracuse - we recycling a bit with this pickup.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Wonder if we are in for Joel Ward? Personally think he would be a good fit. Hate to say it but move killorn/Nammy as the sweetener with Carle to make room for him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wonder if we are in for Joel Ward? Personally think he would be a good fit. Hate to say it but move killorn/Nammy as the sweetener with Carle to make room for him.

He's probably pretty pricey. Very useful player. Can't see us moving the pieces, like you mentioned, to make room for him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh no.

It's pushing 8pm and Stamkos has not been extended, guess he is going to Toronto.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Zettler and company saw what they had in Walcott and went and got an AHL defenseman in Taormina. Expecting a few more additions to Syracuse - we recycling a bit with this pickup.

Walcott is 20 and only played 2 years of high level juniors. He wasn't expected to be a major part of the Crunch this year, a 6/7 ECHL to start kid. Taormina replaces Corrente and gives the Crunch a left handed PMD.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Vermette heading back to ARI, was a pretty good trade all around, I mean Vermette must love ARI yet to go back there now but he still got to win a cup with CHI as well as ARI getting a 1st and a good young player and CHI got to win another cup with his help (and he was, sadly for us, very helpful for them). I'm sure there were other teams that wanted him, he's a very solid bottom-6 (though I wonder if maybe he has been promised a top-6 role now, who knows).

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I can see the writing on the wall, glad I waited to get that Stamkos jersey.

I know I gotta retire mine since 91 will be gone, or maybe just take the 1 off it and then I have a nice Johnson jersey :handclap: until he also leaves in a few years when his contract is up, because honestly who the heck wants to play in a non hockey market like Tampa.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i know we like certain players etc...

but brown and carle can move for better cheaper or cheap options the players are still out there in free agency

brown moved waived whatever bring in erik fehr for 1.5 good at faceoffs true shut down bigger physical guy really good think is better then condra myself cause of his faceoff play big guy 215 pounds can use that imho

and if move carle bring in righty zidlicky or lefty who can play right side erhoff to run the power play??

i think these two simple moves wins us the cup i think if had condra fehr and erhoff or zidlicky against chicago even with injuries etc.. we might have won the cup we would have been as deep having a couple more shut down forwards over brown and morrow who occassionally score but who bring that lower line versatality and shut down other teams best guys

i get we got to give our kids some time to play in vladdy and drouin but we dont need brown if can have a better guy we didnt need morrow anyone was better and think erhoff or zidlicky would really upgrade the power play myself solving all issues for next year totally

if guys have to go to ahl im ok with that there will be injuries they can be first call ups i want the cup and to do a couple cheap moves that seem available is just good dammed business and sorry if a couple of fans dont like moving a brown for a major upgrade doubt anyone cares much if carle moves but know a lot of you love brown hes ok thats it hes ok we can do better

erik fehr is a lot better

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
i know we like certain players etc...

but brown and carle can move for better cheaper or cheap options the players are still out there in free agency

brown moved waived whatever bring in erik fehr for 1.5 good at faceoffs true shut down bigger physical guy really good think is better then condra myself cause of his faceoff play big guy 215 pounds can use that imho

and if move carle bring in righty zidlicky or lefty who can play right side erhoff to run the power play??

i think these two simple moves wins us the cup i think if had condra fehr and erhoff or zidlicky against chicago even with injuries etc.. we might have won the cup we would have been as deep having a couple more shut down forwards over brown and morrow who occassionally score but who bring that lower line versatality and shut down other teams best guys

i get we got to give our kids some time to play in vladdy and drouin but we dont need brown if can have a better guy we didnt need morrow anyone was better and think erhoff or zidlicky would really upgrade the power play myself solving all issues for next year totally

if guys have to go to ahl im ok with that there will be injuries they can be first call ups i want the cup and to do a couple cheap moves that seem available is just good dammed business and sorry if a couple of fans dont like moving a brown for a major upgrade doubt anyone cares much if carle moves but know a lot of you love brown hes ok thats it hes ok we can do better

erik fehr is a lot better

You are not getting Fehr for 1.5, he'll get 2.5 - 3 a year. Brown sucks in the regular season but he was probably the best bottom 6 forward in the playoffs, yes Lightningfan 24 including Callahan, why get rid of him? Him and JAM can split games on the 4th line and be the 12/13.

Zidlicky was signed somewhere already? He isn't better at even strength then Carle and where he is better the PP I don't see him getting many minutes. Stralman is fine as the righty on the 1st unit and Hedman - Garrison are on the 2nd.

We just need to move Carle and not bring anybody in and replace him from within, we still have 4 strong vet D on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad