GDT: 2015 NHL Free Agent Frenzy | July 1st, 2015 | 12:00 PM EST (18:00 CET)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Hope this is ok, if not then feel free to move/remove it.

I know we probably won’t be very busy this year (though you never know with SFY) but it could still be fun to have a place to discuss the things that will happen with other teams on this crazy day.

Free Agent Frenzy will start at 12 AM ET.

TSN’s Free Agent Frenzy will start at 11 am ET.

You can follow NHL.com’s trade tracker here:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=738676&navid=nhl:topheads

NHL free agents that could be on the move or get resigned today can be found here:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/freeagents

Some people worth following on twitter a day like this:
https://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie
https://twitter.com/real_espnlebrun

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Just looking at these lists of top available players, it doesn't feel like we're gonna be missing out on much. :P

Oooooh! Lindback is available, though!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just looking at these lists of top available players, it doesn't feel like we're gonna be missing out on much. :P

Oooooh! Lindback is available, though!

Lindback is more like a February acquisition. No one's 100% positive they're tanking just yet.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I think we do nothing today. We might get a backup goalie, or a bottom six forward, but I don't see us doing much.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we do nothing today. We might get a backup goalie, or a bottom six forward, but I don't see us doing much.

Agreed. Our big win might come down to watching a rival team overpay for a mediocre asset.

I would love to get a solid backup goalie though. I think we're gambling with Vasy's future to keep him in the NHL.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Agreed. Our big win might come down to watching a rival team overpay for a mediocre asset.

I would love to get a solid backup goalie though. I think we're gambling with Vasy's future to keep him in the NHL.

It's nice that you don't have to be afraid that we're going to make some horrible deal in the free agency. When Matt Beleskey is rumored to get 5x5 deal you know it's going to be REALLY bad.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's nice that you don't have to be afraid that we're going to make some horrible deal in the free agency. When Matt Beleskey is rumored to get 5x5 deal you know it's going to be REALLY bad.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Boston looks like they've sunk themselves, but Columbus is going to be the new threat. I'd love to see them screw up royally today, but JD just looks like too good a GM to do it. Oh well. There's always Sather.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Not too many goalie options on the market, but I wouldn't mind Enroth or Fasth. Trading for goaltenders seems expensive right now, so it'll be interesting if Yzerman has anything up his sleeve.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Do we even need a Morrow replacement? Drouin, Namestnikov and - to a lesser extent - Marchessault (would need to go through waivers if sent down IIRC) need playing time anyway.
Stammer, Johnson, Palat, Kucherov, Callahan, Filppula, Killorn, Boyle, Paquette are locks on the roster - leaving three spots to be distributed between Drouin, Names, Brown and JAM.

Add a vet 3C for the playoffs at the TDL and we're good to go.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Not too many goalie options on the market, but I wouldn't mind Enroth or Fasth. Trading for goaltenders seems expensive right now, so it'll be interesting if Yzerman has anything up his sleeve.

Bring back Rämö? :naughty: I know, I know. Too expensive.

I think Enroth, Neuvirth and Greiss would all be viable options if we want to get a backup. I would love to get Jonas Gustavsson if he wasn't so injury prone.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Leafs are expected to be in on Beleskey... here we go again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad