GDT: 2015 NHL Entry Draft (We're still not Boston) - Rounds 2-7

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Probably better to skip to the next part now, than do it when the draft is going on. Makes things less complicated for sure.

Round 1

All the picks so far:

1st round, #11 overall - Lawson Crouse (LW)
3rd round, #77 overall - Samuel Montembeault (G)
3rd round, #88 overall - Thomas Schemitsch (D)
4th round, #102 overall - Denis Malgin (C)
5th round, #132 overall - Karch Bachman (C)
6th round, #162 overall - Chris Wilkie (RW)
7th round, #192 overall - Patrick Shea (C)
7th round, #206 overall - Ryan Bednard (G)

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If you told me yesterday morning that by the end of the night the Sabres would be better than the Bruins...

MSWWfOU.png

Last edited:

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
Is there anyone particular to look out for in these rounds? (Please forgive my total lack of knowledge...) Are we likely to try to draft GK?

RatKingBolland*

His stats and fundamentals were better than Vehvilainen's.

To quote Ray Ferraro, "he would have been a first rounder, if he was taller".

You seem to have way more knowledge then me about prospects. Would you say this year is one of if not the weakest draft class from Sweden and Finland the last 20+ years?

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
You seem to have way more knowledge then me about prospects. Would you say this year is one of if not the weakest draft class from Sweden and Finland the last 20+ years?

We did not have a Mika Zibanejad type of player in this years draft class.

Jan 19, 2006
My day 2 highlights

After watching the Bruins commit hara-kiri yesterday, I am looking forward to another heaping dose of schadenfreude today.

1. Can't wait to see the inevitable Chicago firesale unfold.

2. Also will love the see the inevitable disappointing return for Talbot.

3. Sweeney picked 2nd round guys in the 1st round... with one of his 2nd round picks will he draft the little girl who carries up the jersey?

4. Kessel

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't really know much outside of the top 20 and the Finnish "top" prospects.

We might have the better top guy (Rantanen), but overall Sweden will have better depth throughout the draft. Or at least that's what I read somewhere.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Everyone is annoyed at Colorado and rightfully so. But when its all said and done lets see who has the better team 5 years from now.

They are building a run and gun style and we are building a big, physical possession team.

Say what you want, but I am more than content with a guy that everyone pretty much unanimously believed should have been picked in the top 10.

I like where our team is headed.

Jan 19, 2006
Everyone is annoyed at Colorado and rightfully so. But when its all said and done lets see who has the better team 5 years from now.

They are building a run and gun style and we are building a big, physical possession team.

Say what you want, but I am more than content with a guy that everyone pretty much unanimously believed should have been picked in the top 10.

I like where our team is headed.

Good analysis. Personally I think Colorado would have been better off with Crouse and the Panthers better off with Rantanen, but everyone knows that Colorado's war room conversation sounds like this...

"Forget needs. Who can we pick that will really piss off the Panthers?"

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Lack to Carolina for a 3rd round pick. :laugh:

The Markstrom era in Vancouver begins!

Seems like pretty low value for Lack, makes me wonder if the goaltender market is softening, and if it impacts the discussions Sather and Tallon most certainly have been having.

Jan 19, 2006
Seems like pretty low value for Lack, makes me wonder if the goaltender market is softening, and if it impacts the discussions Sather and Tallon most certainly have been having.

I agree. If Sather truly had an offer of San Jose's 1st for Talbot, he should have taken it.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Really surprised at the return Lack got.

But that probably makes it better for us if we are after Talbot as far as value goes.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.

The top end for this Swedish class is quite weak, but the depth is quite strong. Lots of Swedes will be picked rounds 2 through 7. It's a below average draft though.

The Finnish draft has ok depth, but nothing outstanding, and it's top end is also much weaker compared to 2013/14/16. Next year is a big year.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
My list for today in no order just from memory

Alexander dergachev c
Jeremy bracco w
Daniel sprong w
Dennis yan w
Roppe hintz w
Connor Garland c
Pius suter c
Jack sadek d